Out of Necessity

Out of Necessity

Postby Rance » Fri May 17, 2013 5:53 am

The rockbreaker had been lost to a fire. He would be delivering no letters now. Having no idea where else she might direct the letter she had written in the night, she asked the bartender to keep it close to him.

"Solena," she said over the bar, sliding the envelope across lacquered wood. "I might wish you to give this to her."

The bartender threw his towel over his shoulder and drew the letter toward him in fat, cooking-greased fingers. "She's the one who had that mighty tab some time ago that the boy and the tall fellow were filling up."

"Well, yes."

He crunched the parchment of the paper into his front pocket. "Your missing tooth ever going to grow back?"

"No. It is gone for good."

"Then I wonder why you're sending this letter at all, seamstress. You want a broth?"

"Not today. Not today," she said.

"That's not like you."

"Some people change. I have," the girl said. "Perhaps she has."

He nodded, then went back to wiping down a permanent stain on the edge of the bar. To Solena, whenever she might receive it, the letter read:

I trust that your penchent for bullying and intimydation will suspend itself for the duration of this missife and your consideration of it there-aftar:

I need your help

You may think "what for does a seamstress need my help I am a by beautal beautiful elf nevar should I be bothered with the meddlesome activitys of commeners", but the truth is that last night I wetnessed a disturbing thing

something is wrong with ELLIOT BROWN

maybe in the parfect and gorgeous sunshinining world you life in everything is fine but not here, elliot is my friend no matter how much you might wish him not to be, and he is weak and distracted and comprimised; you see I prayed and I believe a thing may be souring him, a bad thing, an under-the-skin thing not like a doubt or fear but more like a deamin or a terrable presents at least that is what Noura said

the kind in JERNOAH we pray out of folks but this cannot be prayed out, all right

there is a task that must be done I cannot do it I am fat-hipped and made for babies and also fairly stupid but you are clever and quick and it might be able to help

if he is your student and you care for him please help me, he is my frend and I am worryed, i looked at one moment and her eyes were not the same It is in there and I think It intends terrible things but I will deal with her in my own way

please write back, i will buy you a tea or broth please that may we talk in person,

sinsarely,
gloria wynsee

Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrkentown