Demons, Damsels and Decorum

Re: Demons, Damsels and Decorum

Postby Guppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:30 am

The Lady went quiet, no doubt appalled by the creature's manner and words. Elliot watched the demon's attention and those lips curled in slow, sugary smile once more. She did so like to look upon the boy. She had to admit that she had been surprised when he merely spoke instead of launching to his feet to act against her. She suspected that he was nearly vibrating with the want of violence, though. Her words had been aimed to cut deeply, as they always were.

What's this? The boy-Knight was offering her a deal? Seeking to entrap her in this ridiculous notion of civility, no doubt. For a moment, she went inward and tested the bond that was shared between she and the whelp. It was deep. Unfathomable. As closely tied as if she had birthed the girl herself, and in a way, she had. She had delivered the girl from the maw of death and remade her into something new. Rogue-Elliot might have been able to sway her from the creature's way, if he deigned to throw her a scrap of attention and affection every now and then. Knight-Elliot, though, she very much doubted would be able to convince her. Whenever he put on his Good and Honorable face, Whelp tended to liken him to a donkey's hindquarters and wish him harm. Just a little harm.

It crossed arms across her chest and peered at the ceiling for a moment as she considered the deal that lay before her. "Not good enough, boy. The girl chafes at the idea of wearing her colors and being caged so completely," she admitted, tongue darting across her lips in effort to try to distract him. "And a week with you stomping around and telling me so very earnestly that you will save me from myself sounds exhausting. Your Lady must promise to return you to yourself. Wholly. The knave, the rogue. If you can not promise that, well," she shrugged and trailed off before her features lit with dark glee. "Then you will belong to me for two months. To do with as I will." The look that she gave him was positively twisted. "Perhaps I will be able to convince you to my way of thinking, hm?"
Guppy

Postby Jirai » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 am

The Lady went quiet because Elliot Brown was quite capable of responding. Also, the creatures manners were quite appalling. Unfortunately so. Rhaena Olwak disapproved, that was quite obvious.

"Elliot Brown is himself. Wholly." The gowned woman observed. "Are you not, my knight?" She looked back at the demon, then.

"The bargain is for him to make, but keep in mind that my part of this is with the girl, not with you. Should I see or hear you during that time, I think it only fair to add a day to her time with me."
Jirai
Op

Postby Glenn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 am

"I am whole, my Lady," and what power could demonic darkness have in the face of such devotion and honor and light. He was practically glowing with his Lady's grace. "Never has anyone been more whole than I, thank you." And just like that, with a sharp, almost inhuman turn of his head, he stared down Whelp and the creature within her. "Two months in my Lady's service. Two months of being treated like a valued human being. Two months of being cared about and welcomed into the finest places in Myrken, with a warm bed, and with a respectful trade. Two months of being part of our world, of being beautiful and working towards being whole.. At the end of that, if she desires it, not you, then you will have me for two months as you said." Such confidence, such faith in the purity of vision and purpose of what they did.

"Now please let Miss Whelp back out so that she may pledge herself to my Lady's service and receive her reward for doing so. We have a wager."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 pm

The creature gazed at them both and considered quietly. Elliot sweetened the deal by making her able to keep him for two months' time and she nodded shortly. "I will defend any threat upon the girl, however. I will still be within her mind as well, to speak to her on whatever she wishes." The devil and in the details, as they said, and she wanted a fair bargain. "Should you attempt to alter her, the deal will be over and Elliot will be mine," she smiled at the boy. "Elliot will be her protector and he will care for her. I'll not leave her alone in your service." The spirit suspected that the girl would be rather miserable without his occasional company. And while she had mixed feelings for the whelp, there was some affection there.

Should they accept her terms, the monster would wink at Elliot. Suddenly, in her place stood an uncertain, distressed young woman who found herself in a deal not of her own making. Niall and Gloria were going to be very cross with her indeed.
Guppy

Postby Jirai » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am

She waited patiently until the demon fled, leaving the girl in charge once more. At that pointed, the gowned woman leaned forward slightly, considering Whelp carefully.

"Is this what you wish, sera Whelp?" She asked gently.
Jirai
Op

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am

It was a very simple proposition. He was allowed to make that deal because his Lady had no intention of him failing. She expected certain results in all things and he would do anything allowed by his code to make them happen. Of course, one of the most important part of his code was that she got whatever she wanted whenever she wanted and without context, it seemed like the most honorable and knightly thing in the world. He had been stoic, noble, even heroic, in the face of the Demon and her lewd comments.

For Miss Whelp, though, he was kind, attentive, even. "You've woken up to people who care for you, Miss Whelp. Everything will be okay now." She just had to accept the deal as well, and truly, who else gave HER the choice over It?
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:52 am

The girl gazed at them both with a distinct lack of trust clear in her eyes. The Lady asked if she wished the deal that had been made on her behalf. She had a choice and she was sorely tempted to walk away. Her eyes closed and she probed within her mind to the monster that lay ever in wait, sighing at the nudge of acceptance she found there. It thought that she would be fine. She would be protected and cared for and was that really so bad? Niall was going to be so cross with her. She hoped that she could find forgiveness in her heart.

Elliot's words made her eyes snap open and she glowered at the sweet expression on the boy's face. There was that urge again to throttle him where he stood. That kind expression did not belong on Elliot Brown's face.

"Fine. I accept the terms as they stand," she snapped, arms crossing over her chest. Her chin jutted forward and her stance was stubborn. She would do this. And she would be the victor.
Guppy

Previous

Return to Myrkentown