New opportunities for the right people.

New opportunities for the right people.

Postby channe » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 am

Posted in a few places known to be frequented by those who serve the sartorially aware -- the market, the wall of the Broken Dagger, at the school -- is this new missive:

Wanted: Tailors & Seamstresses
to make Fine Dresses & Menswear
Must have excellent skills & be Reliable and Honest
Competitive pay

Inquire with Channtelas Atrahasis, couturier, Dyer Avenue
channe

Re: New opportunities for the right people.

Postby Rance » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Letters as stern as soldiers. Punctuation wanted for discipline. The response was scrawled with charcoal on the back of one of the many similar notices hanging in the Market. The bill had been torn from its nail and was delivered by way of a courier who she paid not by shilling, but instead with a little poque bag wherein the too-young boy could hide his smoking-leaf.

Mna./Msa. Atrahasis
Dyer Av.

Ser or Sera,

I wish to enquire about your propost work, I have got considerabal experience in delicut embroidery and any number of effective seams and can work with vareying forms of fabric, my tailoring skills are still being hone't but I am particulerly profish skilled at decoratife and connectife work,

may I ask as to the nature of the need, the intented resipience, and if this is work requested by your hand or at the behest of another,

sincerely yours,
Gloria Wynsee
(If you please direct responses to the bartender at the Broken Dagger)
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:56 pm

And, true to wit, a letter would appear at the Broken Dagger for Gloria --

Miss Wynsee,

I run a couturier and tailory in Orvere serving all levels of society. As of late, I have been quite successful, expanding across the many cities of Thessilane, and most recently am opening a shop in Myrken Wood due to the recent demand for fine clothing that seems to be sweeping the province. I would be very glad to meet with you to discuss your possible employment in my new shop, which will open next week. Bring some work with you to show. There is quite a bit of advancement in store for the right person -- one who can respect all clients who walk through the door, who can make everyone feel like they are kind and beautiful, and who can stitch quickly and with high quality.

I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,
C. Atrahasis
channe

Postby Carnath-Emory » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 am

Lady Atrahasis
Dyer Avenue

We have received with delight the news of a couturier's arrival in humble Myrken Wood, and no
less your choice of month and year for you arrive upon a Militia in sore need of improved costuming,
the better to employ uniformity amongst its members and inspire patriotism in the heart of its
people. To wit, we require

283 uniforms of smart style and minimal embellishment, for these are fighting fellows
and need not appear ostentatious in the manner of Razasan's royal guard but neither shall we have
them motley and ill-arrayed in a manner ill-suited to Myrken's burgeoning pride.

Of which
193 shall be of a fit suited to men of common size
38 for gentlemen of unnatural height
18 for fellows of unlikely girth
32 for our junior members shorter and slight

Headwear is not required, enclosed find swatches of those colours appropriate to the work,
predominantly a cheery crimson with some manner of golden edging I leave the details to
your fine hand and renowned sense of aesthetics. Fittings will not be required as the logistics
of arranging such a thing boggle the mind, also our seamstress Gloria Wynsee will make adjustments
as necessary to mishaps of improper fit and the wear and tear common to the Militia's work.

Additionally, one well-appointed garment for a tall and lanky fellow of some fourteen years' age,
its colours of a similar theme, however as he is to conduct official business it is essential
that he is not gaudy but well-presented as befits a youth of his station and those
distinguished members of the public which he will encounter during his day to day. He will
be made available for fittings as necessary between the hours of noon and nightfall, and
in accordance with the demands of his employment.

Additionally, one smart and well-put-together garment for a slight boy of some eight years'
age who has occasion to take his lessons upon premises devoted to well-cultured minds and
fine breeding. As he is a miller's boy it is not proper that his appearance should seem
boldly-made nevertheless it is essential that he is clad to suit his environment upon
those days that he is to his lessons. An additional pair of breeches will be required as young
boys are typically rough upon their knees for reasons of climbing and chasings and hijinks,
also 3 pairs of stockings both elegant but sturdy.

Additionally, repairs to one garment of intricate make and fine fabric, rent very nearly in two
and surely not beyond salvaging, this may be delivered to your place of business at your convenience
and within the week.

- Marshall Emory
Myrken Defense Committee

Carnath-Emory

Postby Rance » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 am

Mna. QUARTEROOR,

Please except this note as gratitude for our conversation to day, it was a fine pleasure to meat you and it is my hope that our future interactions are as pleasant Mna. Atrahasis,

You see there is a great bit of falseness in Myrken Wood right now and while I may not be the most presentable woman I am myself and will be myself, and yet will gladly learn alongside you in your QUARTERY so that perhaps I shall be better at more than mending, seaming, stitching and may make queens and goddises feel as they desire

though I will like to always stay Gloria Wynsee,

Maybe we shall work tomorrow on a fine summer blowse and you may help for me to find a further love for this thing that I do quite well, also with hope that you find my skills satisfactary and imployable, you will find no more dedicated worker in Myrkentown,

sincerely yours,
Gloria Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Replies, of course:

Marshal Emory,

What a delight it was to see that you have risen so high in the world! I am not sure we had a proper conversation when I last lived in Myrken, but I do remember you and your sister, and your attic at the Dagger, and I am always so happy when a woman of talent gains stature in a world that is so often dominated by the so-called "stronger sex." If there is anything my humble business can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

At any rate, I would be very glad to assist you. Your order is quite large, and I will need to bring in some extra tailors and seamstresses to handle the load, so there will be a small surcharge for their feeding and housing. If you could send new information on sizing for your men, that would be much appreciated (are most middle-sized, or do some have pot-bellies, or are all of them skinny sorts?) Regarding the material, would you prefer something heavier for the winter, or lighter for summer maneuvers? We can also create coats of the sort that would be acceptable for outdoor patrols in the colder months. I will have sketches back out to you in a day or two.

Please send your boys into my shop sometime this week. I am here most of the time; if they cannot find me, just knock on the door to the house on the left, where I am renting rooms. I am sure that they will not only feel comfortable, but proud as well, and that they will do you much honor.

I look forward to our future partnership; please do stop by at any point. I would love to meet you in person.

Sincerely,
Mme. Channtelas Atrahasis, coutourier.

And to Gloria:

Miss Wynsee,

Your proposal sounds quite acceptable. See you tomorrow.

(And it is "couture.")

Sincerely,
Mme. Atrahasis
channe

Return to Myrkentown