Custodial Matters in Letter Form

Custodial Matters in Letter Form

Postby Rance » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:24 am

The firstday of the week was meant for cleansing not just the body, but a cluttered mind. It was on firstdays in Jernoah that the rakes were brought across the sand to clean the blood that had foamed in it over the weekend. On firstdays, young men of age -- and those who had successfully passed their Odos -- were sent off to Jernosta armsmen to learn the weight of glass swords, that they too might one day become Jernosta themselves.

But on this firstday of the week, a Jerno girl wrote letters. Several of them.

First, a package and letter were delivered at the doors of Darkenhold to one Lady Ariane Emory, that she might find it proper to read under the shadow of her fine parasol.

Dear Marshall,

It was a pleasure to speak with you yesterday and it is formost my hope that you forgeve my agitasion and sickness, the heat will do a terrible thing to a body shapet like mine it just apsorbs the heat and I will be uncomfortable and sometimes very sick, if I offended you it was with no intent,

Acompaneying this letter I have taken libertys at the bazaar this morning to acquire you (1) a small clay pot for flowers and (2) this bag of sea sand from the candlemaker - they offen use it for decoration - and this is for planting your new rose and also an apology from me for my poor behavior, I shoult wish you find it to look past the misgivengs of a stupid girl,

I shall see you soon in the week after meeting with Mna. Atrahasis regarding proper Darkenhold attire, please advice if you have got prefarences,

sincerely yours,
Gloria Wynsee

Second, a short notice to Menna Atrahasis, delivered to Dyer Avenue.

Dear Mna. QUARTEROOR,

Do to an odd and eye-opening insident yesterday I should wish to discuss with you the merits of creating a fine dress for myself, for QUARTERY as you say should be a magic and a love, well I am growing quickly fond of this idea and wish to better myself, if we may find a time to discuse patterns it would be very agreeable, a blouse shoult do fine at first but if I am to represent your business in work then i too woult be best dresst in sensable fineries, not frilt, not laced, but again, sensable and modest, for while I am a seamstress I am no tailor as you,

yours,
Glour'eya Wynsee

And when those were completed, a third letter was sent to Darkenhold for its resident scholar and architect.

Dear S. Duquesne,

In the interest of your prifacy a letter awaits you at the Broken Dagger, please see to retrieving it very soon,

yours,
Corderstaff

Should he follow up on this matter, the bartender would have for him a more lengthy missive.

Dear Proctor,

I did not send to you a letter of detail to Darkenhold for fear that a gaze which is not yours greets it and woult become altogether too curiuse, i fear that there is a terrible thing which has befallen Ariane Emory and please may we discuse this at a more reasonable place, I am both afraid and disturbed and can only imagine that if you have seen her dresses and powders and the colors of Rhaena Olwak on the walls of Darkenhold - have you, and are my fears merited? - then surely something untowerd has happent,

I know that she is very dear to you and also she is a very fine friend to me, I wish to talk at your most available time and Darkenhold does not feel a safe place to do so, also please with discretion encourage her to plant the new flower I have given her the petal is like a seed you see and must be tucked underneath sand and put in direct sunlight, I have given her the necessary components,

i will continue meeting you for lessons of course, but that is all they should be is lessons while other words we shoult share at the tavern,

your friend,
Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrkentown