A Case for Condolences

Re: A Case for Condolences

Postby Dulcie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 am

Her eyes were sympathetic for Genny, remembering days when innocence was lost.

"Not sure what frightened him 'xactly. Think it mighta been those foreign workers the Councilor has. Horace told me one came and wrote somethin' in the dirt once. She didn' have a tongue in her head, he couldn' even ask her what it said. Horace couldn' read o' course. Some o' the others spooked him a little too. Not sure why, he just felt like they knew somethin' he didn'."

She'd watch as Genny readied herself to go and she would nod her head, getting up to go unlatch the front door.

"Better that it be one husband than a dozen to be gone. Or a young lady for that matter." She'd say pointedly, giving Genny a long look before she finally opened the door.

"Be safe Miss Genny. I ain't pokin' my nose inta places they needn' be. Maybe ye should be thinkin' bout just lookin' past this one."
Dulcie

Postby Tolleson » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Foreign workers? Writing on the ground? It was times like these when she was absolutely sure Glenn had made the right choice with Aleksei. Not just because he knew a thing or two about magic, but he certainly was better suited for interviewing folk. Still, he was away in Thessilane and Agnie was no replacement.

“Yes… I… t-thank you for your time.” The tea is set down with great care and still no intent to follow the advice. It hadn’t been why she’d come and it certainly wasn’t what she took from their conversation.

A few careful steps and a knowing nod; there was no intention to implicate the widow. Not that she anticipated it coming to that, but Genny had been careful, she had to be.

“I… I know you… this is not charity, but-but-but… payment for your time and-and-and information… “ Her offer was a bit awkward but after a moment, standing just a pace away she would offer a gold Half-Sovereign to Millie. The purse it came from was small, a few other coins, the majority of which were small and copper.

The purse was closed with no intention to return the coin and she would pass through the portal full intent to board the carriage. If there were ever a reason she might turn her away, Genny would follow up her offer with an adamant instruction, “get… go to the r-rememdium, get Glory well…”

“Gods be with you… and Horace,” a friendly smile, a nod ‘good-bye’ as she took to her transportation.
Tolleson

Postby Dulcie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 am

The widow was about to shake her head resolutely, had already even begun to do so, trying to refuse the coin, but her daughter's name changed that motion and she'd hold out her hand to accept it, bowing her head forward a little.

"Thank you." She'd say simply. "May the Gods travel with you."
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Myrkentown