Summons: The Potion Maker

Summons: The Potion Maker

Postby Jirai » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:55 am

One morning a carriage would roll up to the tavern. Out came a well-dressed young lady, a hat perched atop blonde braids, narrow skirts both practical and elegant at the same time. She ascended the porch stairs with mincing steps and headed inside. Straight to the bartender she would go, inquiring as to the whereabouts of one Raia, the potionmaker.
Jirai
Op

Re: Summons: The Potion Maker

Postby breeevil » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:30 am

Now and again, Raia had good timing.
Really good timing.

She pushes the door open not a whole minute after she was asked about, her face tilted down while she looks into a fabric bag slung over one shoulder, mumbling something to herself about corks catching fire too easily.
Her focus remains on the contents of that bag until she runs into the bar, a quick, "Oof!" leaving her mouth before she flushes and smiles, eyes turning to the bartender to listen to a few words first.. but then to the other woman there, with her pretty braids and her skirts.

"I'm going to guess you are not the person Endymion said was going to come help me pick out the lace?"
breeevil

Postby Jirai » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 am

"I'm afraid I don't know any Endymion, miss," the young lady apologized, looking the red-headed woman up and down. "But I do know a lot about lace! In fact, there's a merchant in town who just got a shipment in from the south and it's ever so lovely and - oh! Do please excuse me, I've forgotten my manners!" She dipped a smooth, practice curtsy. "I am Annabelle. The Lady has asked to see you and I'm to bring you to her. I have a carriage outside and everything!"
Jirai
Op

Postby breeevil » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:19 am

The words about the merchant and the -lovely- shipment are forgotten immediately.. in one ear and out the other. "Hi, Annabelle." It didn't surprise Raia that this person did not know Endymion. Endymion wouldn't send someone so fancy to help the potion maker with anything. Ever. The potion maker is too clumsy to be around people so.. dainty. Or whatever the word was.
Raia doesn't curtsey, but she does nod her head a bit and smile oh-so-brightly, "I'm Raia." But this girl knows that. It's odd, isn't it? How twice now someone has come to Raia to take her to someone else.. and all in a very short ammount of time. Hadn't she just told someone that people did not call on her often.. for anything?
"Lady.. Olwak?" Big Witch. Please don't say -yes, that one-.

But she nods right away, pulling the strap of her bag higher up on her shoulder as she tries to look excited.. look happy. "Oh! Carriage's are fun!" And flaps her free hand in the air at her side, like a child.. like she might try and fly away. "After you?" She asks, her eyes moving to the door and then back to the girl.
breeevil

Postby Jirai » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 am

"Oh yes, Lady Olwak. Except it's Lady Burnie, now, you know. And about time! I mean, it was a bit scandalous before, what with them living together and all without a proper wedding or anything! But... oh! Oh, yes. The carriage!" And the girl popped right out to open the carriage door for Raia.

"I do love carriages, don't you? I mean, this one doesn't have the white horses, but I do think bays are almost as pretty. Maybe they would be prettier if they were unicorns or they could fly, but that would be a little silly, wouldn't it? I'm sorry, I do chatter on so!"
Jirai
Op

Postby breeevil » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

"I keep forgetting that." She admits, nodding as she follows after Annabelle. She didn't know Glenn Burnie.. she didn't even know Rhaena, save for having met her once or maybe twice and even that she might be wrong about. But Raia shrugs, "It doesn't seem like very many people stick to tradition around Myrken anyway." So living together while they weren't married didn't seem like it could hold too much shame.

Sometimes. Sometimes they can be scary, though.. right? When people have big dark ones with tattery little shades over the windows in them and when the horses are like.. giant!" her hands come up over her head and she nods again with wide eyes. "And the person in front is wearing some crazy cape or something. Like in the childrens stories." She tilts her head to peek at the not-white horses and chuckles before she slips into the carriage without seeing to think it's odd even a little bit. No. Nothing weird here at all.

.. if they could fly. "Prettier, sure. But if things like that just ran around all willy nilly they wouldn't be special anymore. And it's okay, I talk a lot, too. I'm pretty sure you'll make more sense than I do while you talk all the talks, at least.. people probably want to listen to you more than they want to listen to me. Have you worked for the Lady Burnie for a long time? Do you get to work at the school with her?"
breeevil

Postby Jirai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 am

"Oh, I haven't worked for Lady Burnie for very long at all. But I'm ever so happy to have the chance now! She's such a lovely lady, you know."

And the chatter would continue until the carriage rolled to a stop. Annabelle would then usher Raia out of the carriage and through a door, leading her to a bright and airy room containing a birdcage filled with songbirds, a table set with tea and cakes, and two chairs. One of those chairs was occupied by the Lady Burnie herself.

"Ah, Miss Raia. Welcome, welcome. Thank you for joining me. Do have a seat - would you care for some tea?"
Jirai
Op

Return to Myrkentown