Purely Instructional

Purely Instructional

Postby Rance » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:25 am

Good morning, Giuseppe.

That was how each morning began. The Black Man (he wore White now, so much White, like butchers and clergymen) might have noted the seamstress' bountiful diligence to her new position: she was at the Inquisitory before even the Glass Sun awakened; she tackled each task asked of her -- organizing stores of parchment, scrawling updates on papers that could be trusted to her -- with focus; spending her time between making marks on files (files, they called them, parchment sandwiching parchment, and that fascinated her) reading books, pamphlets, and studies the Black Man had suggested to her. Even if they boggled her mind. Even if they turned her eyes against one another and the words were sometimes too foreign, too difficult, too strewn with dialect for her to readily understand.

But between chapters of Understanding the Occult: A Simple Analysis of a Complex Science and paragraphs of Gerdoc Yarlond's "The Miraculous Coincidence of the Uncanny: Statistics of the Mystic, Mythical, and Magic in Trae Kelsa" she diluted the throbbing ache in her brain by writing.

A little note. One she left on Genny Tolleson's desk late in the day.

Dear Genny,

if I am to read any more books my very little brain will turn to porridge and there will be quite a mess, there should be a limit on pages, a daily limit on pages, the words still become Jernoan words in my head.

I do not even know if I am right for this new thing or if I am smart enough but I thought perhaps you could spare some time to lunch with me and we might talk, I am very grateful for you and would not like to do this wrong, also besides Jiaseppy Giuseppe you are a familiar face and you are also ammensely smart,

Whatever I may help with please ask, please demand, I am very good at lissening and doing as I am told and am excited to learn at the elbow of someone with more experients, these have all been very fine books but sometimes I think the little barrel-man and the other inkquisitors are already getting impatient with questions, questions, questions, questions

and they are not even dangerous questions if you understand what I am meaning, I am just wishing to learn,

Yours,
Gloria Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrkentown