Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Postby Jirai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:52 am

Something was wrong.

Rhaena Burnie sat in the sunroom, fingers curled gently around a delicate cup of tea. The steam rising lazily gave the room a floral scent, but the governor's wife was not paying any attention to such mundane things.

Something was very wrong.

Elliot hadn't, in all this time, despite the efforts of so many, managed to break through what she had done. It was impossible, of course.

How, then, had Ariane?

Memories surfaced. Glenn Burnie, his anger upon discovering her plans for Ariane Emory. The final argument that pitted the two against each other through the bond that once held them closer than any.

Ah.

Rhaena rang the tiny bell beside her chair, summoning an immaculately dressed maid.

"I wish to speak to the vice-governor."
Jirai
Op

Re: Broken Chains

Postby channe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:24 am

The vice-governor arrives shortly afterward; she'd taken up residence closer to her Lady, of course, the better to protect her, the better to be near her, to be her best friend ever --

-- and so she stands in the door, her skirts hitched like Rosamaria's, silver barrettes dangling in her braided hair. "You called, my Lady."
channe

Postby Jirai » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 am

And at the arrival of her best friend, the governor's wife smiled.

"Agnie. It seems something has gone wrong. I don't know what exactly... but we may have some trouble with the Lady Marshall. You will be ready, won't you?"
Jirai
Op

Postby channe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:51 pm

A pause as she stands in the door, her back ramrod-straight, her smile tilted slightly. "... trouble with the Lady Marshall. God forbid."

She reaches down to touch her sword-hilt. "I would do anything for you. You know that."
channe

Return to Myrkentown