House Divided

House Divided

Postby Guppy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 am

Noura was healing. At the very least, she did not feel that same staggering ache suffusing her wary body any longer. Her wounds were mending, her skin knitting together where leather and fist alike split it asunder. Her bruises faded as quickly as they were able. It was uncanny, how rapidly it all occurred with help of Solena's healing draught and her own unnatural abilities. There was, of course, some thanks due to the regular meals and untold amounts of sleep in the very plush bed she was getting. If pressed, though, she would attribute it to the elven woman herself. Days were spent wandering the woman's home with curiosity nipping at her heels. It was the happiest she had been in quite some time. The only thing plaguing her was the uncertainty, the paralyzing worry for her friends. It drove her to pen a few letters and plead with the occasionally visiting Cat to deliver them with haste.

They were written slowly, over a few days, to ponder over what she wished to say.

Son,
I hope that this letter finds you well. Last I saw, you were being dragged away by the Constables after trying to rescue me from the stocks. That was ... amazing. I have never been so afraid for your safety. I did not know what they would do with you. I know what It meant, now, by your hunger. I saw it in your eyes. I know that you are ashamed of it and I don't think you should be. It was magnificent, Son. I hope that you will visit me soon or that I am well enough to seek you out. You still need to take me hunting, when things calm down. Don't forget!

Yours, Noura

She was not certain that Cat would be able to locate the boy-Knight, but if anyone could, it would be the urchin.

Elliot,
Lady Rhaena told me that she altered your mind again and that your affection and our friendship are lost to you. I pray that is not the truth, but I know better. I had grand dreams of you saving me from my lashings at the stocks, I must admit. Childish notions. I have heard of the Lady's demise and I am not certain if you have been returned to yourself. If you have need of a friend in these dark times, please do not hesitate to seek me out. I am hidden and healing, but I would be at your side, should you have need of me. I miss our lessons together, but I am glad that I have found myself, finally.

Love, Noura

Cherny,
Please tell me that you managed to escape uninjured. I hope that you are caring for Son and Elliot as best you are able. I am not certain what became of Son after he was dragged away. Is Elliot himself again? I worry for you all. Have you seen Gloria? I know that she does not wish to see me, but I can not help but concern myself. Nostalgia, I guess, for our lost friendship. Please do not tell her that I asked, should she be near. I doubt she would appreciate it. Please be careful. I have heard that the Lady's followers (even false ones) are in great danger.

- Noura

It,
I am well. Keep yourself and Niall safe. I will see you soon.
-Whelp
Guppy

Re: House Divided

Postby Cherny » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:50 pm

The letter that returns is carefully written in a hand more painstaking than practiced.

Noura

I am well thank you I got away from the Ladys house with just a cut on my head it has eight stitches but is mending all right. Son is at the remedeum with a case of stabs but is allso mending all right. He is unhappy at the food and the medesins but I think he was happy to have your letter he is sweet on you do not tell him I sayd or he will put me in the horse truff. I have seen Gloria she is back from Golben and the black man is dead. We got in a fight with your devil and it magicked me with Nyals magick I still have marks on my hands I think you are better off with out it since you are good and it soots Nyal better as they are both AWFUL WICKED. I have not seen Sir Elliot since the Lady died I am worryd for him and hope he is all right I am still takeing care of Dash his horse but I do not know if I am still a squire. Ser Catch has come back but he is still all twisted in his bones where the CIVILS hit him and I am looking after him with porige. Manyfights and his pups are all right too they are geting big and ask for the duck lady that is you. I am sorry you got hurt I hope you are mended soon and the medesin is not too bad.

This is a lot of words but I think that is all of the things I have to tell you.

Cherny
Cherny
Founder

Postby Guppy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 am

The return of Cherny's letter unleashed a giddy young woman. A woman greatly relieved to hear of Son's relative safety. The uncertainty regarding Elliot tempered her elation, however.

Cherny,

Thank you for writing me back. News comes slowly, here. I do not think that Solena wants to upset me with bad news.

I am so happy to hear that you and Son are well. Gloria too. Please tell Son to listen to his doctors and take his medicine or he will not heal as quickly. You should have seen him, Cherny. When he tried to save me from the stocks, it was so brave. He thinks that he is simple, but he is as much a hero as anyone.

I had not heard of the Dark One's death. I bet that It is beside herself. It was sweet on him I think, though she never told me. As much as It can be sweet on someone. I am sorry that you fought with her. You'll have to excuse her grief. I would hope that Gloria took pity on It with the news and told her gently, but I know better than to assume. I am glad that you think I am good, but I am not sure that It and Niall are good influences on one another. I do miss It. My head seems lonely, now.

Please keep an eye out for Elliot. The Lady told me that she stole his mind again so that he did not have any affection for me anymore.

Give my love to everyone. Keep them safe.

Your Friend,
Noura
Guppy

Postby catch » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:59 am

He had precious little else to do. He had his furs, but his fingers were clumsy, and Son - being Son - often lost his patience, and the half-finished cap and gloves and scarf-wrap often found themselves at the end of the bed, thrown there in anger, leaving Son little to do but glare at the walls. There was reading, but Son was poor at that, too, even if he was slowly getting better. He wasn't illiterate; he was proper-schooled. It had just been awhile, and he and Papa were usually busy right up until the snows came in, drifting up to their door.

When the letter came, he read it. Then he read it again. Then he had to think on it, a surly sort of think that got Cherny a threat about the horse truff when the boy cajoled and pestered to read it, or at least know the letter's contents.

She likes the darkness inside.

Nowruh,

I do not think you shuld think its amazing. It is a turrible thing I done and do. You do not haf to lyke me bcauz I am hungree and dark and yur divil says you shuld. I jus got so angree and I lost my hed and I hayte it wen unfair and bad happens and peeple laff and point and thynk it is funee. It is not funee at all. Peeple are not funee and shuld not be lafft at.

I am a bad thyng wen I am angree. I am angree all the tyme.

We will go hunting. I am veree happy you are better. I was a little scaret.

Son
catch

Postby Guppy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:12 am

Son's reply made the young woman sulk around the house for a few days with hurt indignation. Son was correct in his assumption that the heroic rescue had change the way the wildling thought about him. It was all very romantic in her head and she did not think that there might be other motivations for his actions. The notion of him mounting a daring rescue, driven to madness by her capture, fell to pieces with his letter. It knew the girl best, knew that Son's darkness would attract her attention. The whelp, however, did not care to notice such things about herself. Her own reply was a few days coming, but it would, eventually.

Son,

I am glad to have your reply. It has not mentioned you other than to say that you are interesting, so worry not. I am sorry that you think you are bad and that I only like you for that. In that entire crowd, you were the only one who tried to help. You are a hero, Son.

I will see you soon. Try to listen to the doctors so that you might heal faster. Cherny will need your strength to protect him, should they remember he was in service of the Lady.

- Noura
Guppy

Return to Myrkentown