Drawing A Line

Drawing A Line

Postby Serrus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm

The messenger came in the morning with a folded note, one day past the confrontation at the stables:

Wynsee,

You're not a whore. You aren't suited to that lifestyle and I doubt you'd find solace in such an occupation. Even so, you've gotten yourself off to a great start by convincing that dog eared fuckwit simpleton of yours that we're fucking each other we're fornicating I wanted to get into your skirt. Marvellous.

Stop whinging about bloody money owed. You're a commoner girl a few years past her flower, not some high-in-the-sky matron of a lord's manor who shits more gold than she knows what to do with. The ring was retainer enough. The she-wolf is dead. I never got to finish that job, so I'll take your ring as payment for that whole marsh business. Even though it's a governor's ring and I have more chance of riding a flying unicorn than selling it for anything more than a two bob bit in this fuckstain of a town.

I've been in this town long enough now to learn things. Things about that towering sack of shit simpleton boy that defy any rational explanation. Men I've known, good friends of mine, have been beheaded for lesser offenses. Far lesser offenses. It baffles the mind why one would keep something like that around in public. We're all good and well slaughtering werewolves because they bit your hand off, yet we seem to have compunctions in granting a quick mercy to a simpleton who goes about raping and beating women whilst consorting with devils?

Regardless, I don't want your bloody explanations or stories as to why you or these addled bloody towners want to keep the boy alive. I don't blame the boy for getting confused at the stables the other night, either. A madman sees what he sees. But if a master has a rabid dog that keeps biting others, no matter how much he loves it, sooner or later he realizes that it must be put down.

Don't take those words the wrong way, Wynsee. I don't intend to go out of my way to harm the boy, given he does have some measure of friends in this town -- if you could call them that. I would, however, suggest that you encourage the boy to err on the side of caution and advise we keep our distances. I know you have a kind heart and care for him, and that you'd be awfully upset if I lopped that stinking head off his shoulders the boy were to be harmed in some fashion.

S.B.
Serrus

Re: Drawing A Line

Postby Rance » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Msa. Belcaw,

I am sorry for engageing you the other evening in the manner which I did, your fourte fartu fourtuitis presents in that marsh preserved my life and Noura's; I am no fighter but could not have perseveared were if not for your appearance. The ring I feel was not enough as payment, for I know you are a man which likes his women and I was compromised at that moment, I will wish you ought to forgive my misjudgment for I have done in the past things like a whore would do and

You must understand of Ser Catch that he is a very precious creature. He has been hurt by me, by my people, by the people in this land, more than he hurts others, of his faculties that are limited is his understanding of what is right or wrong or that which may be perseaved by others as improper.

You must understand this Msa. Belcaw: those things here in Myrken Wood which you may think are beasts often bear the greatest hearts, while those things you may believe to be innocent are as cold within their bones and blood as a tundra.

This child in my guts belongs to him. Its presents was not forced upon me by him. He is gentle, he is hurt, and he capable of bountiful love, simpleton you may think him. The condisions of this pregnancy are a complexity no letter or conversasion can easily conveigh. He believed you to be trying to do me wrongly; I shall in whatever way may be most agreeable to him attempt to make him understand, but please do not blame him for

The page required turning. Sharp ink continued on the other side of the parchment.

stupiditys of my construktion. Be easy in his presence for if you do not act as a threat to him he will know you to be a peaceable; but I have seen in the depths of his spearit what he could be capable of when leashed too strongly Msa. Belcaw and I esure you that when under the command of others, includeing myself, he is capable of dangers far more horrendous and horeific than if allowed his own freedoms.

You know all too well from what I see in your face, in the way you hold so closely to your bottle, and in the sleeplessness in your eyes, that you are aware what terrible deeds men can do to men. We are our worst monsters. But hear you I have become too filo phel filosophical for I have had two great cups of wine and aught should have another to soothe this dumb, flagrant, and implacable Jerno bitch in my brain what thinks she knows so very much and acktually knows so very little at all!

I am grateful that you are here and to perhaps even call you friend; I wish only that you should begin to learn how much can be achieved with a sword still in its scabbert.

Yours,

Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrkentown