Shady Dealings

Shady Dealings

Postby Guppy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:02 am

The night stretched on. The moon hung low in the sky, weary from her climb. Already, there was a soft pink at the horizon; the sun was just awakening.

It was never a silent time in Myrkentown, given the numerous pubs that were home to raucous activity until the wee hours. Given that hard-working, respectable merchants rose early to tend to their wares and to ready themselves for the day. The figure carefully skirted the Floating Dragon, keeping to the shadows. She passed a merchant with arms laden with baskets containing sweetrolls. Breakfast for those that had the coin for it. Neatly, she plucked two from the pile without so much as a sound and continued on her way. Unseen.

The dark clothing helped to disguise her slim frame as she moved. Her intended path was towards the Gilded Lily, where she had been welcome before. She passed both sweetrolls to one hand and licked at the honey upon her free one.

When the door was answered at her insistent knock, the figure tossed her hood back to reveal Noura's sweet face with the creature's black eyes. Full lips curled prettily at the man who barely spoke any common at all. A palm reached out to pat his cheek lightly. "Fetch your master, dear, for a friend has come calling."

Berdini had her scaled amulet.
Guppy

Re: Shady Dealings

Postby Dulcie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:38 am

The servant didn't understand the words of the demon, but he knew the eyes, and he knew his Master. He simply bowed his head at her request and motioned her to the stairs that led to the apartment above the theatre.

One could wonder if Berdini ever truly slept as he arrived at the door without a hair out of place, though the silk robe that he wore provided some indication that perhaps he had at least been inclined towards night time activities.

"Ah Shetani, I was wondering when you would come calling. Do come in." The servant bowed his head and scurried back away into the dark recesses of the theatre, the sole hint of light fading away as his lantern disappeared with him and Berdini beckoned the wolf in sheep's clothing entrance into his abode.

"I was beginning to think that you would never return. I thought perhaps that bit of a girl you wear might have overcome you. Weren't you in a different one for a while? It's so very hard to keep track of your skins. You do know I admire you for that don't you?" His smile danced on his lips, not bothering to hide that dark intrigue that lingered there. This was one person he didn't need to hide his true self from, and it was rather tantalizing.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:59 pm

She leered, her flash of white teeth reflecting in the pale light of the lantern as the servant turned and obediently led her towards Berdini's luxurious apartments. She trailed along at his back with hands clasped behind her in effort to keep them to herself. Stefan's employees were well-versed in the horrors of their master, but the creature itched to push them a little farther.

As the man in question came to his door, he would note the creature's dark eyes glittering with mirth at him from over his man's shoulder.

"Stefan," she greeted, warmly, seeking to brush past the servant to greet him with a icy kiss upon each cheek. Her hand, which sought out his lower spine, would seek to slip inside his robe to press against him. With luck, her skin would meet skin and she could draw the wildling's blunt nails across it playfully. She would enter his home with the air of someone who owned the place, though her gaze swept over the silk pillows as if seeking something.

The reason behind her search was revealed, when she questioned, "Alone?," with some surprise. She knew Berdini's tastes, after all. Once the door closed, she would seek to move in closer again, nose seeking his neck to nuzzle affectionately. Abruptly, she was gone; crossing the room to throw herself effortlessly, belly-first, upon the heaps of fine pillows he kept scattered across his floor to serve as seating. Her booted feet lifted, crossed at the ankles, and swung back and forth. It kept with the youthful appearance of Noura's frame. The creature was adept at playing human.

His comfort with her was returned. The creature had so few friends, but she counted this man among them. They were two selfish creatures that could be trusted to do whatever was best for them. There was honesty in that.

"I was within Niall's frame for a time. Your prison," and here she shot him a pointed look, as if it were entirely his fault. "imprisoned me in a bottle until the whelp released me. After, of course, I found the memory of Giuseppe and ended his life, just as I promised." Things had changed, it seemed, since she had come to Berdini for information so that she might save the man. She did not give any further details, not unless questioned.

Her eyes danced as he spoke of his admiration. "An admiration which I return." She waved impatiently for him to join her upon the floor.

She rolled to sit on her backside, legs crossed before her, and leaned forward eagerly. "Did you get it?"
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 am

One might wonder at the conversations Berdini's foreign servants had at night. One might also wonder why they chose to stay. Perhaps they didn't. Idle thoughts for idle minds, and it was a lucky thing that there weren't too many of those hanging around Myrken Wood. There was a time when Glenn Burnie might have posed a threat of course. The man was far too nosey for his own good, but that threat seemed to have been quelled all on it's own and he hardly considered that bit of a girl who followed around on his coat tails to be much trouble at all.

She would hear the pleased intact of air as those hands slid into his robe, nails dragging down along skin. It had been awhile since he had felt a woman's touch after all, such was harder to acquire these days, especially while trying to keep suspicious eyes away. She queried his loneliness and he laughed.

"Yes, alone. It seems I've made an enemy of the teahouse matron. It's been a thorn in my side ever since. I can hardly think what I did to offend her." Sarcasm certainly. He made no move to stop her as she made her way inside and flopped down on the pillows that existed for just that. He chuckled and approached in that slow manner that he often kept about himself. It was a presence, perhaps it's what had drawn him to the stage in the first place.

Her beckoning drew him nearer and he slid down into the pillows beside her, though not laying down yet, his hands instead moving to try to stroke along her thighs, her knees before lingering at her booted calves. "These imply that you have somewhere to go, and I would much prefer that you stayed." He gave her a roguish smile, and if she allowed it he would slowly, and carefully relieve her of the boots.

"Funny how I don't remember building a bottle trap, nor do I remember you intending to kill Guiseppe. Although honestly it's better done anyhow. He was mostly a husk of a man I believe. Perhaps he always was. Do tell me, how did you accomplish it?" Asked as casually as if he were asking her how she had baked a pie.

A fingertip would move to toy along her knee, tracing long slow circles if he were able. "Was I able to get what?" He was teasing clearly. His eyes glimmering with a look of mischief.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:02 am

The pleased noise he made pressed a self-satisfied smile onto her lips as she moved past and towards those pillows. Her appearance was casual indifference as he approached her, stalking forward like some great cat.

She frowned, expression nearly a pout, when he mentioned his new-found enemy. "Well, that is certainly troubling. Her girls are paid for their work, are they not? Maybe you should let me speak to her." A cheeky grin settled upon her lips, hinting at just how pleasant she would be with the other woman. "Poor dear, you must be aching," she teased, drawing out the last word in teasing manner.

He joined her, finally, his own posture just as lazy as hers. She did not seem to mind the hands that coasted along her leather-clad thighs, down across her knees, to her calves. Instead, she stared at him with half-lidded eyes, in amusement. She waved a hand carelessly as he complained about her footwear. Apparently, he could feel free to remove the heeled boots from her feet if he so desired.

"There is something intelligent in your prison, Stefan. Something that controls it. Something that imprisoned me instead of allowing me to retain my girlish figure," she drawled, with complaint. Still, there was not much he could do about it. She was already free to do as she wished.

One shoulder lifted as he spoke of Giuseppe before she shifted in an attempt to drape herself across his lap. "True, that was no my intention. But it occurred to me that he was hardly worth my attention. He certainly did not deserve the honor. Obviously, the easiest way to show him that was to aid Gloria in killing his storyteller mistress," simply said, while she stared up at him.

One arm attempted to stretch out and around his neck as he toyed with her skin. "Don't tease a girl, Stefan," she winked. "How clever are you?"
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:59 am

"Oh dear Shetani, the joy I would experience if you "spoke" to that old nag would be immeasurable." He chuckled, finally finding her free of the boots he sunk back into the pillows, letting a hand linger here and there where it might find its self upon her frame. It was a casual touch, easy and familiar. "I have to maintain my good reputation you see. But you.. well, you don't have those same limitations." He grinned "Aching would be one way to word it indeed. It's a shame I don't always have such lovely young women knocking at my door. You do seem to like to keep your shape young don't you? Sometimes I wonder at how old you might really be, and then I remind myself that I would rather not know."

She draped herself across his lap like some sort of feline and he treated her as such, moving a hand to try to rake through her wild hair, his other to rest across her belly. "Intelligent? Well that is a surprise, I certainly didn't orchestrate that. Although I should have. Either way, what a pleasant addition. Not for your discomfort of course, but it adds a whole unique element to the labyrinth that I hadn't quite considered." He listened a moment longer. "Ah, a sad loss the storyteller. I heard gossip about the trouble she caused. A shame really, it was rather entertaining watching all the people squabble about. I suppose all good things come to an end in time though."

She moved on to more important matters, the reason why she was really there he presumed.

"Oh I am quite clever. Quite clever indeed. It wasn't that difficult to find you know. I rather expected it to be more of a challenge."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Her features pulled into a sullen expression as he mentioned her own reputation. "Oh, do not get me started on that. I used to be free to do whatever I wished," she offered, dreamily, as she waved a hand grandly. "They scattered like ants before a rainstorm." Her lower lip escaped in a pout and arms crossed her chest. "Now, I have the Wynsee girl to judge my every move. That Mitchell healer with his pious outrage. That empty-headed orc at the tavern," she rolled her eyes.

She smiled up at him. "Ah, but not you." Her hand rose, fingertips to stroke at his chin affectionately. "You, Stefan, are lovely company." She used the arm around his shoulders to lift herself closer. Her flat human teeth sought his jawline, a sharp nip given if he did not move away. She made a noise that sounded suspiciously like purring when he stroked through her hair - tamed somewhat by a comb, something the wildling rarely did for herself. She had gotten herself presentable for Berdini.

Her laugh was bright when he mentioned the object she had sent him for. "The challenge was to figure out what it meant, dear."

A smile curled upon her lips as she gazed up at him through eyes half-lidded. "So, did you?"
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:03 pm

"They should still scatter like ants before you." He murmured as she nipped at his jaw. His fingers continued to stroke through her mostly tamed hair, tangling about a few strands here and there with attempts at gentle tugs.

"The Wynsee girl. That one is more trouble than she seems outwardly. The ugly ones always are you know. They have little else to occupy their time with than skulking around trying to ruin everyone else's fun."

He let himself just enjoy a few more moments of her affections, the little nips, the winding of their bodies around one another. His fingers still wrapped about her hair and his other hand dancing along the curves of her borrowed body. "Does it feel differently when you're touched when you are wearing different skins?" He mused idly, curious about the creature who was truly the only person he could be himself around.

Her next statement captured his attention however. "Meaning? I had thought the intention was merely to locate the amulet. I must admit, I haven't investigated any further into it than that. Was there a puzzle I was supposed to solve? Some dark secret of yours to reveal?" The tone of his voice was teasing slightly. He was mildly interested in the amulet, but far more pleased with the woman who had curled herself around him.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:02 pm

"They will," she assured him softly, a grin behind her words. Her eyes flickered shut as he toyed with her hair, tugging the knots out with soft touches. She sighed and sounded a low chortle when he explained why Gloria had time to spare for her affairs. "She won't have time for long," she mentioned. "Not once the child comes. If she even survives it," she muttered, though she mostly sounded petulant. For reasons she did not bother to give him.

They allowed themselves a little time to relax in the other's company. They could be honest with one another. They trusted one another, even if they were both monsters.

When he asked how it felt to be touched, she smiled as soft as a kitten. "It does. You all feel things a little differently," she mentioned, seeking to press a fingertip against his arm. She would draw it lightly down his skin, feather-soft. "Maybe I will show you, sometime. You can line them up for me and I will let you play to your heart's content," she assured, with a wicked grin.

"A secret. My origins," she explained, seeking to rest her head on his shoulder. "You were here when life pulsed through my veins. It was a hint, that is all," she offered no further information just yet. She basked in his attention like a purring cat in his lap.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:23 pm

"I do believe I had heard something of that sort." He mentioned idly as she discussed Gloria and the child. He had no vested interest either way. The girl could live or die and it wouldn't trouble him much, other than her meddling of course, and as his companion mentioned a child would easily distract her from the affairs of others.

"You tease me horribly Shetani. How much I would enjoy an evening of that sort is beyond imagination. Perhaps someday, when we bend the wills of these petty people to ours we might see such things." He chuckled at the thought. Certainly he would love to command the people of Myrkenwood, but such things took time and he was merely mortal.

He made a pleased sound at her touches, the fingertip that trailed along his arm, brushing over muscles that existed despite the appearances of a job that required little physical exertion. His own abandoned the mess of hair that she wore, electing instead to try to tease along the skin of her neck, moving to let the tip of his nail scrape lightly against her flesh.

"I would never have presumed that you would tell me your secret." His voice smooth and soothing. "A creature like yourself I imagine has an origin far darker than you would share with so simple a task as finding an amulet. I would be lying if I said I was not intrigued, but answers almost always come with a cost." Monsters they both were indeed, but that didn't mean that either of them forgot just exactly what the other was.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Her lips curled with his disinterest in Gloria and her child. She let a pout fall to her lips and attempted to sit up properly in his lap. She would seek to ghost her lips between his brows. It was infuriatingly platonic, which was probably her aim. "I had great plans for that child, but I am not certain I have the attention span," she admitted, carelessly. Her smile turned wicked and she pulled back to stare into the depth of his dark gaze. "Besides, it would take time and I would miss you terribly, darling."

She gave a low purring noise as his nails dragged against her skin. She heavily debated dragging him to his bedroom. The whelp would certainly not appreciate his attentions. Not when she moped after that hunter's boy. It would be far more simple, though. A little companionship to banish any weakness she might have. Besides, she wanted to see if she could get the stoic man to beg. Such thoughts were abandoned and she sighed in wistful manner. She leveled a smile on him, affectionate, but offered no explanation for her inner musings nor the expressions that accompanied them.

Her mouth slanted down with disappointment when he mentioned the cost that accompanied her answers. "Ah, but what is life without some risk?," she sighed and held her palm out for the amulet.

"We were going to make a deal, were we not?" One of her sculpted brows lofted.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm

"You would miss me at least until your attention waned." He let her purr and continued trailing fingertips here and there.

"Risks are something I know a great deal about, there is a difference between walking to the edge of the cliff and then simply stepping off of it altogether." He grinned and she held out her hand for the amulet. He chuckled and shook his head.

"As if I would keep something so precious so close to where I allow visitors. Come." He'd move to disentangle himself from her, and he'd motion her to follow him to the bedroom. Whether or not his other intentions would be realized he at least intended to tease her with the mere presence of being in his bedroom.

Should she follow he'd lead her into a large bedroom in the back of the apartment, the room furnished just as lavishly as the rest of his living quarters with red and gold silk being the primary means of decoration. The bed was clearly the central part of the room with the usual smattering of bedroom furniture against the walls. He'd leave her at the doorway and cross the room to a night stand that he unlocked, and withdrew the amulet from.

"I'm tempted to make you work for it." He admitted in a voice that alluded to the fantasies running through his mind. "But I do believe a deal is a deal, and I am most certainly still in on my side of it."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:09 pm

"Probably. My attention span is limited, I'm told," she admitted, with that cheeky grin leveled at him. "Cliffs are no bother for those with wings," she teased him, seeking to tap his nose with an index finger.

She disentangled herself from his frame with only a little sulking, on her part. "I can hardly fault for you keeping it safe for me," she lamented, all the same. She moved after him, the sway of her hips bringing to mind a snake gliding through grass without a whisper of movement.

Entering his private bedroom made her glance around the room with interest. Whatever his intentions, she seemed not thoroughly troubled by them, as she crossed the room to plop down on the edge of his bed. She leaned back, her palms bracing her weight as her eyes lifted to consider his space.

The look she shot him was amused, dark eyes meeting his own across the room. She shifted her weight to one hand and held out the other.

She wriggled her fingers at him impatiently.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:22 am

"I imagine you would look stunning with wings." He mused, his green eyes watching as she draped herself on her bed. "Although you are stunning in whatever form you choose. I believe you are a good influence on your hosts." He chuckled at that, for surely their definition of being a good influence was different than that of the ordinary person.

The amulet was produced and he made his way over towards her, letting it dangle between his fingers.

"A kiss, Shetani. My only fee." He said with a grin as he moved to slide across the bed towards her, keeping the amulet just out of reach of those wiggling fingers.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:44 am

Her lips curled in amusement at his flattery. "I would like to think I was more fearsome than fetching, darling," she purred. "I am an influence, but I am not certain that I am a good one." She did not want it any other way, either.

He requested a kiss and she couldn't help but grin at him, feral. "And here I thought your ambition was aimed a little higher. Don't be boring," she chastised.

Despite that, she shifted, reached out in an attempt to fist her hands in the front of his clothing. She would tilt her head to the side and tug him into her, should she be successful. Her eyes danced at him and she would ghost her lips along his own. Playful, teasing. Then, she shoved her tongue down his throat if he didn't protest.

A quick shove to put some distance between them, far too abrupt. Far too soon. Her fingers attempted to wrap around the amulet. "Now, my friend. I believe that you mentioned a spell. Potentially one that assures mutually assured destruction so that we can be friends. Neither of us trust easily, after all," she mused.
Guppy

Next

Return to Myrkentown