A Warning to All Traveling Merchants

A Warning to All Traveling Merchants

Postby Antichthon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:03 am

Within the past week, two small caravans have been reported as missing in the vicinity of Myrken Wood. Both wagons were attended by well-equipped and professional caravan guards.

Those missing include:

Four (4) adult men
Two (2) adult women
Three (3) children under the age of ten
Three (3) Horses

It is hereby strongly advised that all merchants travel in groups of no less than Twenty (20) able-bodied men, of which at least Four (4) to be trained guards.

Any information as to the whereabouts of those missing or to the circumstances of their disappearance is to be reported to the Myrken Wood Guard at once.
Antichthon

Re: A Warning to All Traveling Merchants

Postby Rance » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:20 am

...hereby strongly advised that all merchants travel in groups of no less than Twenty (20) able-bodied men, of which at least Four (4) to be trained guards.

I squinted my eyes at the page, trying to understand the writing. Reading wasn't my strongest suit; sure, I could read the markings on a wharf-crate well enough, but crush so many letters together on so many pert little lines? There was something about the authority of it that made me want to crumple the parchment in my hand and toss it into the mud.

But I knew why. Or at least I thought I knew why. Precautions. Concern. I blinked, and, in a deafening roar of color, I saw

the bolt jab into the soft meat of his face
somewhere just below the eye, landing with a wet
smack
heard the sickening crack of cheekbone, and so

I folded the notice with quivering hands, stuffed it into my satchel, and took a drink from my flask.
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: A Warning to All Traveling Merchants

Postby Treadwell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Fwump-fwush of the end of a broom against the satchel from behind.

"Hold one moment there, lad, mmph."

"There might be other folks, mmph, needing to read that. It would be a splendid idea, hm hm, to see it put back where it belongs."

Such says Aloisius Treadwell, proprietor of the very nearby Tready's Toys, as he pulls his broom back closer to himself and leans on it. The door to the toy shop hangs open, revealing the firelit interior with its shelves and plush creations and tables and wooden toys.

"Hm hm? Well, m'boy?"
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Myrkentown