Not an Apology

Not an Apology

Postby Glenn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 am

Letters travel around Myrken with relative ease. There are enterprising scamps willing to do the work for a coin or two. A name was usually enough to find someone, though it might take an extra day or two in the seeking. This name may have caused a momentary pause, but after what the last few years had brought, she was a footnote in the annals of Myrken's horrors. That, as much as anything else, explained her return.

The note would be delivered.

Renea,

It warms my heart to see you alive and well. Alive again and well. Not dead. Or at least, your body isn't cold. Yes, well, you know what I mean.

I look back at my time as Governor and I will admit that I made many mistakes. One situation in which I made no mistakes was in handling your untoward rise from the grave. Unfortunately, through eventualities wholly outside of my power, you were driven out of Myrken, and that, at least, I find unfortunate. It was ever my intent to see you protected.

Therefore, I am glad to see you returned once more. I know that despite your stubbornness, bull-headedness, and dubious education, you only had Myrken's best interests in mind in all that you did. You are, in short, a good person and those are always in demand. I have no real power, currently, that is, at the exact moment of writing this letter, but I would be glad to repeat what I just said about your intentions to anyone you think it worth repeating to. That is, unless you have returned as some sort of lumbering wraith, in which case, you probably won't be able to read this anyway.

Yours,
Glenn Burnie
Glenn
Co-Founder

Re: Not an Apology

Postby Caile » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 am

The urchin seemed nervous, standing outside her room at the tavern and shifting from foot to foot. Casting looks over his shoulder to the doorway to see if the escape route was clear should the woman in front of him decide she wanted to dine on his brains. Payment was payment though! And facing a possibly undead zombielichghoul thing was an easier paycheck than some in Myrken. In the event, however, the little scamp didn't have to wait long for the reply and was sent scuttling back to Burnie with the same sheet of paper he'd come with, a few additions scribbled onto the back.

Dear Glenn,

gruuuuuuuuuuuhhh.

braaaaaaaaaaaiinnnns.

OooooOOOOOooOOOOooOOOOooooOOOOOooo.

You may no longer be the Governor but you are still an utter ass. Your intercession will not be necessary.

Kindest Regards,

Renea
Caile

Return to Myrkentown