Construction banter

Construction banter

Postby Tyralor » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:52 pm

"You know Andy, this would be a lot easier if we 'adn't used up most of the nearby good wood to build up the barricade"

"Sure would. Course, of the two, would rather have the barricade."

"Suppose so. What'd they do anyways?"

"Oh, pair of women. Can you believe that? Women! Anyway, they went and they killed some bloke I understand. Council voted 'em guilty, by a majority."

"Eh, majority? Who voted what?"

"Dunno. This way I think that no one can go beating on any one councillor if they didn't like the way they voted. All secret and stuff. Makes sense suppose."

"Suppose it does. So. They're guilty eh?"

"Looks like. Ain't complaining much. Been a while since we 'ad a proper hanging."

"True enough that. What'd you think?"

"I think the guard found 'em standing over a dead body with a bloody dagger in their 'ands. Pretty clear cut to me."

"That's 'ow they found 'em?"

"Yep. Dunno what the point of the trial was. They're guilty as sin in my books. Council's getting soft I think. How long's it been since those damned spiders got up there. Narry a mage in sight. They ain't doing much"

"Nah, they ain't. Only person that were, was that there loudmouthed Dhugal chap. Shoulda voted for 'im."

"Yeh. Me too. Liked the title Marquis though. ain't seen 'im yet. He doesn't come out during the day much do 'e?"

"Suppose naught. Say. how long do you figure it's going to take to get the gallows set up and all that?"

"Oh, reckon it could be done in a couple of days. But the Order's got other things on their mind. They said something about wanting it done at the end of September."

"Really? Long time ain't it?"

"Supposedly there's a fall festival taking place. The 'anging won't take place till after it's done."

"Makes sense. Ain't no way to start off a festival, with a 'anging. Wonder if the pair of 'em will be 'round the festival or not"

"They've been charged with murder yanno. It ain't likely. Pass me the hammer"

"Here you go. And I suppose not. Shame ain't it? Guess it wouldn't bother them too much if they ain't knowing though."

"Don't bother me none. Then again, I ain't the one getting my neck stretched. You don't want to hang. Don't kill. Simple as that."

"Sure is. Say. You hear that the Treadwell councillor's got 'imself another chin this week?"

"Really? What's that make. Six or seven."

"Dunno. Always afraid iffen I get too close, he might step on me like a horse. Can't count 'em from a distance."

"He eats a full pig a day I 'ear."

"Just one?"

"So says Timmins."

"That pig farmer'd know anyways, wouldn't 'e?"

"Yup."

"Aren't you two suppose to be -working-"

"Yessir. Sorry sir."
Tyralor

Return to Myrkentown