Warrants

Warrants

Postby Altias_Bromn » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:52 am

A new page for the governor would be seen placing notices up in the town square, as well as delivering copies to the Gaol.

In the governor's even hand they would read as follows:

Dearest citizens of Myrken Wood,

It is with a heavy heart that on the 27th day, of the month of March, I must issue warrants for the immediate detainment of the following citizens on the charge of High Treason.

1) Aloisius Treadwell
2) Quincy Randall
3) Ariane Carnath-Emory
4) Lamai Carver

They will either turn themselves in to the Order at the Gaol, or be brought there by force, until their trial.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Altias Brom
Governor

Wrong, in all the right ways
Altias_Bromn

Postby Tyralor » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:08 pm

Lieutenant Joshua Kilborn sighed as he stared at the sign that had somehow got posted on the side of a building. There was another a short distance away he could see. Why was it, that certain individuals just had to wander about making his job more and more difficult? He'd even spoken to the man just the other day, yet this was still done behind the Order's back.

"Corporal. I want four men to start heading around town and count each and every one of these posters that have been raised. Report back to me in three hours with a total number."

The only benefit that would be applied to the Governor, in response to the offering of providing additional fees, was that Kilborn chose to leave the posters on the walls. There'd been a man interested in bounty hunting recently. He could use this perhaps.

As for the official response from the Order, at least that Kilborn was providing came along the lines of...

"Without having any appropriate information provided to myself, or any other member of the Order to my knowledge, we are not in a position to wander around and arrest anyone on such a charge, without an appropriate reason."

"The Order of Straka has issued no warrant at this point in time in regards to these individuals, and will not be pursuing them personally yet. However one assumes that the Governor is planning on setting a bounty and providing supporting belief in why these charges might have been laid."

Of course, the governor come morning would probably have his own worries to contend with. Apparently someone over at the Order of Straka took it upon themselves to issue a warrant with his name on it, with a large number of counts of "Forgery" and "Falsifying official documents"
Tyralor

Postby Treadwell » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:15 pm

"High treason? Oh dear. . . ."

A pipe-smoking, purple-robed Treadwell saw one of these posters earlier today, and the result was, simply put, shocking. A still smoking councilman, taxman, and toymaker now sits in his living room this night, penning a letter he'd try to send out in the morning--were he not arrested overnight while asleep, of course.

= = = = =

To Altias Bromn, Governor and Judiciar of Myrken Wood
From Aloisius Treadwell, Councilor of Administrative Sanctions

Dear Governor,
In short, Altias, I'm worried about this. "High treason?" I must surely ask for a plea of mercy and an explanation on your part. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for some proof, sir, before I simply turn myself in for a crime I've come nowhere close to committing. Either feel free to talk with me on neutral ground--the meetinghouse council chamber, perhaps, with guards present if you so choose?--or to write me a reply at your leisure.
Yours in trust,
Aloisius Treadwell

= = = = =

After signing the note and setting it out on a table to dry, Treadwell soon nodded off for the night, ending up a sleeping, snoring mass on his living room couch.
Treadwell

Postby Rattrap » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:14 am

The captain had a slight correction to Kilborn's statement, releasing a warrant for one of those individuals previously placed for arrest.

Warrant for: Lamai Carver

Assault by magical means on Governor Altias Bromn
Assault by magical means on Sergeant Jack Hickensen
Resisting arrest

Additional note: needs nothing free to cast. Incompacitation or cooperation is necessary.

OOC Edit: This extension wouldn't be public. Hope that doesn't interfere with anything already replied with...
Rattrap

Postby Mabon Darkfall » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:35 am

The flapping pages of the postings seemed everywhere....Darkfall had studied them when first they appeared...a slow consideration of the names listed thereon and a dark laugh at the charges....From what he had seen of these individuals it would take a great deal to persuade him that they would be involved in games with devious intent...such as treason...

Last evening's excitement had changed his initial opinion very little....Altias seemingly intent on vengeance for some unknown slight...His repeated refusal to clarify the situation for those accussed...The guards had arrived and their intent was clear...their duty was toward the law and they had been drawn toward the successful completion of the task...

The guard and the other occupants of the Dagger, however, had not been prepared for the chaos that ensued therein....The appearance of flames within the room had only served to raise the excitement level a notch higher - not that it was needed...

Dark eyes had watched the drama unfold....his stance as the silent observer offered a surreal quality to the night....Inwardly he wondered what drove the situation forward...a glimpse to Altias before the guard drug the injured man from the room....~What secrets are you harboring, M'lord Bromn?~
Mabon Darkfall

The Govenor's Knight

Postby Eriks » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:56 pm

A few of the leaflets fluttered in the streets, torn loose by the northern wind that was blowing almost incessantly. Georgyboy was scuttling about on normal business; while one might protest to the ragged street urchin if he attempted to pull the posters down, once on the ground they were fair game. Sold for a pittance to those far too poor for more expensive wood, the urchin would turn quite a large profit for himself. And so nimble fingers snatched up the crackling leaflets as they swirled in the breeze, the boy doggedly chasing one particular one about, limbs flailing widly.

Until his potential target was pinned down by a boot; silver-armored, the spurs clicked once against the cobblestones, the figure having moved with the quiet fludity of a trained fighter. Slowly the dim creature realized just what -exactly- was going on, and who the man was that now stood before him. He couldn't leave fast enough, eyes practically bugging out of his skull, papers sent flying as he beat a retreat.

The armored figure made no move, for quite awhile; then it stooped, black, cotton-glove clad fingers curling about the paper, lofting it upwards. It protested, snapping as the wind drove it and the wolven mantle surrounding the armored one's lithe body, stirring blond-brown locks. Eyes crease at the edges; kohl-smeared, those, serving to further accent the startling, absinthe-green orbs; vieled, emotionless.

The General smiled.

OOC: Uhm. All those involved, if you'd want to query me or something? Just go ahead.
Eriks

Return to Downtown Myrkentown