A Message Delivered to Duke Burel.

A Message Delivered to Duke Burel.

Postby Carnath-Emory » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:40 am

Protocol has been observed: this piece of carefully-folded parchment has changed hands several times before reaching Burel's own, each recipient instructing the next in the urgency of this matter, and cautioned that it must reach the Duke's hands intact. From the vehemence of these cautions, one might safely assume that coin or dire threats have been employed in its delivery; quite possibly a combination of the both...

Duke Burel of Thessilane,

I have been contacted by Ser Silus of Thessilane, who claims to have word of the Duchess Lenore. He would meet with you to discuss this matter, and claims a place at the Bellisarus Shipyards. I cannot vouch for his trustworthiness, and deliver this news to you only as there were no others present at the time of Ser Silus' approach upon the Broken Dagger to receive his message. I have heard tell of the losses suffered amongst your men; while I doubt you have need of aid, should you choose to meet with Ser Silus, you need only request my accompaniment, should you feel it of use.

This has been penned for me; I vow upon my own life that the scribe will never breath word of its contents. It has been sealed twice over with wax and twine, which I tell you that you may know immediately if it has been tampered with.

Signed this day, the 20th of April,

Ariane Karnath-Emory.
Carnath-Emory

Return to Downtown Myrkentown