Perdition

Perdition

Postby VulspethTrezner » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:09 pm

An accord had been reached, in the monster’s own mind anyhow. The threat posed by Lyrion had shaken him to his twisted black core and the sensation was not one he was anxious to revel in for long. He had ridden his ink black horse to the edge of Myrkentown, despite Aeron’s warnings of the destruction that lay there for him. But a moment it would take, however, to find one of the night’s children--a youth (mere boy, really) slowly winding his way home after a long night of wooing the young lasses and attempting to outdo his fellow young men. That boy would find a thin man standing on the side of the road that night, and all it took to convince him to approach was the fine suit he wore and the handful of gold coins that glinted in the moon’s wan glow, obviously meant to be seen. Closer he came, and the strange man’s smile seemed all the more appealing. The boy’s mind gradually became so engrossed in how he might earn some of that which Vulspeth so blatantly displayed that he did not even notice the impact of an undead hand across his face, robbing him of his senses.

Upon awakening, the boy would find himself lying in a heap on the cold, impersonal stone floor of a dank basement. Unable to speak, to due a rather well tied gag placed across his mouth, he watched as his abductor and a seemingly androgynous humanoid form conversed. The strange form stood within a circle of rune-like symbols, and seemed to not quite glow with a greenish light. A few squirms and wiggles were attempted, though all efforts to stand up mysteriously failed. The boy’s spirit never faded, despite the blackness that slowly enveloped him as he once again fell in to oblivion’s embrace.

“I’m not impressed enough by this paltry offering for what you ask, Baali.” reported the strange being. “Not only is his body young, but his soul is young as well. Tis only its second or third time around.” Vulspeth didn’t seem too thrilled by this news, but he politely responded. The last thing on his mind was to inspire the wrath of a demon, particularly the demon he now presently bartered with. “A young soul indeed, but the soul of a young man is innocent! Surely such things are prized in the underworld.” The demon smiled. “Shrewd you are. Yes, this soul is rather pure and would fetch a fair price--however, and much to your dismay I am sure, I know how greatly you desire your prize and I require more…simply because I know that you will give it to me.” Vulspeth’s quick temper leaped into action. “And they call me a monster! For once, I try to do something with the best of--” and the idea was cut short as his jaw seemed only able to flap soundlessly…probably a result of the blinding white flash of pain he experienced as the demon worked its lithe little claw in between his pectoral muscle and his shoulder, sliding between sinew and bone with an excruciating thrust. The vampire gasped uselessly, powerless to react in any other way.
“Now now, little Cainite. You will calm yourself and you will serve me with a clear, focused mind or you shall never see any more profit from your dealings until the day we finally pull your miserable essence to burn within the Earth. You wish for me to grant you further power? Resilience and strength enough to defeat this mage who now walks among your precious little friends? You will bring me three more souls then, all of greater quality than this wretch you have brought tonight, and I shall grant thee this boon. Oh, and speaking of such a wretch, bring him forth to me.” The demon removed its hand with a moist report, leaving the vampire to stumble away while clutching his chest. “That wound shall sting you fiercely until you fulfill this pact, mind you” the dark one spoke while Vulspeth dragged the boy towards it. Dainty, though surprisingly strong six-fingered claws clutched his soft, youthful flesh and laughter slowly built as it gleefully broke his body, snapping bones and tearing musculature and viscera with perverse enthusiasm. There was a flash as the boy’s soul was cut astray and absorbed by the demon, and with the decay of that flash all that was left in that chamber was Vulspeth, a pile of warm, broken gore upon the ground and a sharp, burning ache within the vampire’s chest.
VulspethTrezner

Return to Downtown Myrkentown