Master Calomel; By Way of the Office of Governor Helstone,

Master Calomel; By Way of the Office of Governor Helstone,

Postby Varian » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:19 am

Receipt by the designated party intended:

Constable Cinnabar Calomel;

It is my wish that this letter find you in good health and spirits. I write to you on the matter of the act of establishing the much needed constabulary in Myrkentown. I congratulate you on the advancement of your endeavor and offer my hand in any matter you might see fit.

While I am no longer a soldier, myself, I have at my disposal a great many resource you may find to your benefit. Such as, I am willing to pay forth a large favor of financial support. This gift is for no particular use and I only ask that you see to it that your conscripts receive the foremost education, as well as weaponry and armor of a standard suitable for such a respectable outfit.

It is my intention to finance the constabulary alongside all government funds. Should the initial amount fall short, or should you see areas that would benefit moreso, do not fail to contact me.

Regards,

Varian apBlanc duMonde;
Baron of New Dauntless

[ The letter is marked in wax, the seal of Varian's family name; a crowned scepter within the coils of a striking serpent. ]
I'm like a prisoner getting ready to talk. I feel the blood in my hands and the threat in your walk.
Varian

Postby Cinnabar » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:12 am

[A reply soon arrives, sealed with what would appear to be the mark of the Myrkenwood Constabulary, being the Governor's arms of office enclosed within a shield.]

Baron duMonde

First of all, my most sincere gratitude for your generous offer. Such assistance is greatly appreciated, and will do much to ensure the continued safety and security of all who live in Myrkentown - truly the citizenry owe you a significant debt of thanks.

It is my hope that your worthy actions will set a shining example to other public figures who will thus be encouraged to aid us in our efforts to bring lasting peace and rule of law to a town so sorely beset by strife and unrest in recent times. While the Governor has made considerable provision for the Constabulary's budget, any supplemental source of funding can only enhance the service which we offer to the public, and improve the ability of our officers to perform their duties.

With regard to the practicalities, I would be most obliged if you could arrange to have your contribution made care of Governor Helstone's office, marked as being intended for the Constabulary budget. The Governor's staff are responsible for managing the Constabulary's accounts, and will be able to ensure that the funds are directed to where they might do the most good.

My thanks once more.

Sincerely

Cinnabar Calomel
Myrkentown Constabulary
Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.
Cinnabar

Return to Downtown Myrkentown