Love in the Forge

Love in the Forge

Postby Sherazade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:11 am

Sunlight dappled the leafy canopy overhead, spread lacross the surface of the pond below. Ripples sent it scattering , ripples created by a pair of bare feet. Samariah giggled with delight, watching the tiny droplets raised fall back into the water, and then she lay back on the bank, an arm raised and angled over her eyes to shade them from the sun. Slowly the warmth of the day lulled her towards sleep. Just when sleep was about to claim her, she felt an odd tightness in her chest, a sudden upwell of panic and she jumped to her feet, and raced towards home.

Feet flew over the grass, her growing terror almost giving her wings, grasping branches, easily skirted, never had she passed with such wraithlike ease through the forest. Up the slope overlooking her village she went, the sound of the silver falls thundering in her ears, and amber orbs fell upon the horrfic sight below her.

The village was burning and there were strangers there dark skinned pointy eared strangers. Drow the words seared itself across her mind even as her soul wailed its denial.

Sam stirred restlessly in her sleep, no longer aware of the arms that still held her, of the warm form pressed against her back. Tears flowed in silence down her cheeks brought on by the pain the nightmarish memory was causing.

Stealthily now Sam left the overlook, slipped into the burning village, her skill for her age of 10 summers was uncanny. She had only one destination and that was home. "human whore" the words taunted sam's upswept ears as she pressed herself against a large boulder and peered round it towards her burning home. and there held by her glorious flame hued hair was her mother, her dress was in tatters, her body bruised and bloody. it was obivous she had been raped. Hands shoved themselves against her mouth to stifle the cry that wanted to erupted and Sam tore her gaze away, only to find the body of her father sprawled over the ground, and now not even her hands could kept back the sound.

"Daddy" It was a tortured scream that echoed within the dream and carried into the waking world, breaking the stillness of the night.
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

The Real Dreamcatcher.

Postby jacktim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:20 am

Sabrion awoke with a jerk, his entire body reacting to the scream of his love. His primal instinct forced his arms around her, ready to protect and lift her from harm. His eyes snapped open. Where was the danger? What imminent problem did she face? "Just a nightmare.." Sabrion sighed. He pulled her closer to him, kissing her cheek and whispering into her ear. "It's okay, you're fine." He continued to coo into her ear, hoping that it would not wake her, but simply soothe her dreams. He rolled her over to face him, and he kissed her forehead, and continued to hold her tightly. "Goddess, let your light shine upon her, in the darkest corners of her mind," the prayer went in his head, "take her nightmares away..." He mouthed the last few words of the prayer and kissed her head again. "Take her nightmares away."
-Fleshy, bloodfilled, homeless trees... :evil:
jacktim

Loves sweet voice

Postby Sherazade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:29 am

Those whispered words, his comforting arms, they were a call stronger, than the darkness that sought to drag her back under. Face pressed against his chest as she burrowed close, tears still leaking from beneath closed lids
"dont leave me, dont let go" sob choked tones fell from her lips for she feared the return of the nightmares cruel grip
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

More than a dream?

Postby jacktim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 am

She had mentioned before how she was plagued by these nightmares... perhaps there were more to these dreams than he'd began to realize. He would have to remember to get her to talk him through them later... but for now, his main focus was, Is she okay? "It's alright Samariah," Sabrion said a bit firmer now, "I'm not going anywhere... I'll not leave you." He began to nuzzle the top of her head. Any affection now might help her to relax. He struggled for a moment on a phrase to say, an old proverb, anything... But the only words that would come from his lips, the only words that would work were, "I'm here Samariah, Sabrion is here for you..."
jacktim

Whispered Promises

Postby Sherazade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:53 am

I'm not going anywhere. I'll not leave you. Here for you. these phrases these words wrapped around her mind, as his arms were wrapped around her trembling form. The light they shone in her mind forcing back the darkness , beating the nightmare into full retreat. Little by little she would relax in his embrace, tremors ceasing first as she drifted back into a now dreamless sleep. the silent tears however although they slowed would continue even after sleep had fully claimed her again.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

A New Day With The Dreamer.

Postby jacktim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 am

It would take Sabrion some time to fall back to sleep afterwards... his own mind now troubled with her nightmares. Will she ever be fully at rest? He nodded off for a bit and continued the evening holding her close to him...

Sabrion awoke early, before the rise of his new mistress, the elven girl Samariah. He rose carefully as not to wake her, and donned his armor. He considered for a moment whether he should stay or do his foraging... given the past night's events he began to wonder if she would need him. "I hope she'll be fine...", he said. He carefully scribbled out a note and left it on the bedside table for her:

"Dearest Samariah,

I have gone out to forage for a small while, and I will return promptly. Please make yourself at home, and help yourself to anything in my pantry until my return.

Love,
Your Sweet Sabrion"

He gathered up a small hatchet, his bow, and quiver before carefully heading out, closing the door behind him softly. He scrambled off into the woods to hunt and gather.
jacktim

Postby Sherazade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:33 pm

The remainder of the night held naught but peaceful rest for Samariah, the nightmares kept at bay by the arms wrapped round her by the sound of his heartbeat beneath her ear. She failed to stir, when he rose, remained wrapped in its peaceful oblivion.

Lashes flickered, lips parted to release a yawn as sam finally started to wake.
For a moment when her eyes opened and beheld the unfamilar ceiling, she was bewildered uncertain of where she was, and then she recalled the night before, the encounter in the forest, and a smile curved her lips. Turning onto her side her gaze searched for Sabrion. A flicker of alarm crossed her features
only fading as she reached out and picked up the note. Amber depths perused the note and her smile returned. "time to get up" she murmured and rose from the cot. wisps of hair tickled at her cheeks for they had escaped the now bedtousled braid, almost made her sneeze as one brushed beneath her nose. Body stretched, easing out the kinks and then she bent and saw to the task of tidying the bed. That task done she turned her attenion to unravelling her braid, her mind already wandering .
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Sabrion's B&B

Postby jacktim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:10 pm

Sabrion made quick work of gathering before returning back to the shop. He came into the room with a tray of food for the two of them: leavened bread, eggs, a few strips of meat from a game hen, and a pair of apples. He had hoped to see her still sleeping... but was not disappointed that she was awake. "Morning milady.. " Sabrion smiled, "I trust you slept well?" He knew she hadn't for the first half of the evening, but for the rest she slept like a log... "I have a bit of breakfast for us." He said, breaking out a pair of goblets and filling them with juice.
jacktim

Postby Sherazade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:30 pm

It was rare, that sam was asleep long after the sun had risen, so if he ever wanted to bring her breakfast in bed he was going to have to rise earlier than he had .

Sam turned in the act of rebraiding her hair at the sound of footsteps a smile lighting her features at his words of greeting, at the sight of the breakfast he had brought with him "I did after you chased the nigtmare away " Nimble fingers quickly finished the braid and fastened it off, before her steps brought her closer to him.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Inquisitions of Dark Dreams.

Postby jacktim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:50 pm

He smiled at her, "Oh really?" He was glad to hear that. He reached out with his arm and pulled her closer to him, stealing a quick good morning kiss. He stared into her eyes, he could get used to this life. He could get real used to it.

After a moment's embrace he helped her to sit, and allowed her to begin at their breakfast... "These nightmares you have..... are they always the same?" He didn't want to pry too deeply into her dreams, he didn't know how well she trusted him, or how much she would want to talk about it, and he DID NOT want her to leave. "... I mean... are they always about the same thing?"
jacktim

Excuse and a hasty exit

Postby Sherazade » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:08 pm

Sam knew what was coming from the moment his arm slid around her waist, so she did not avoid it, he deserved at least a kiss for chasing the nightmare away. Once he released her helped her to sit she reached for an apple, hesistating once it was grabbed. Oh goddess he wanted to know about the nightmares. panic starting beating inside sam then there was one memory she did not want to rise.

hastily she rose from the chair. "i'm late for work... i'm sorry i have to go" she knew even though it was true it was a poor excuse and it was unfair of her to use it but she just was not ready to face what she had done that day, the reason the nightmare still plagued her. Pausing only long enough to brush a quick kiss against his cheek she would be moving for the door
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

A terrible pause.

Postby jacktim » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:13 pm

This was all that the blue bard was left with. The empty silence of the shop and a prepared meal for two.... Hasty her excuse? No, it was hasty of him to decide that she should trust him that much. To make so light the dreams and hidden feelings of another, no matter how loved. Sabrion ate in the silent recesses of the hidden room and finally set about his daily chores. The later day would find bouquet of carnations at the door to Treadwell's shop, a small handwritten note attached, which read:

"Should your nightmares come again... I will be here for you.
--Dream catcher,
S."
jacktim

The return of the dreamer.

Postby jacktim » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:00 pm

Treadwell's toy shop was too dank and dark and unfamiliar for Sabrion to find much rest, Samariah in her state did not need to be in an area where Sabrion himself. Sabrion stood with her in his arms, he doused the fire and carried her across to his shop, THEIR home, and put her to bed. He laid down with her laying on his chest until she fell asleep... his own eyes would soon follow suit.
jacktim

A Storm of tears

Postby Sherazade » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:29 pm

Sam's tears would not cease completely to start with not until he was down on the cot and her head was on his chest, and then it was only because she had fallen asleep. hopefully tonight she would sleep without any nightmares. hopefully tonight hope would not be proved a lying B***H
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

A Nightmare in the Blue.

Postby jacktim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:37 am

"Samariah?", Sabrion jumped in a cold sweat, awakening from a dream, a nightmare. He turned his head to see the sweet angel laying beside him. "Safe... still.." He smiled, snuggling up to her. What had he been worried about? Nothing would take her from him... nothing, as long as he was able to be there for her. "I'm here now Samariah," he said, drifting back off into a lazy slumber. Perhaps he could rest easy now?
jacktim

Next

Return to Downtown Myrkentown