Stranded.

Stranded.

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Tue May 01, 2007 4:32 am

Light flooded into the workshop of the half demon elf. The source, a magical portal that had opened up in the doorway, revealing a scene of natures fury.
Lightning flashes across the night sky, rain coming down in sheets inside the confines of a park, the edges of the portal showing the solid rock of some kind of bridge. Standing in the middle of the portal was the half demon elf. Behind her was a tunyannii.. An upright walking, five foot tall rabbit.. With soft vanilla colored fur was looking down at her, a softened expression on her fetures, as if she were capturing a moment of gazing upon a loved one.

The hanma elf collapsed to one knee, magical energy flowing across her form, a broad grin appearing on her youthful features.

"Tada!" She proudly proclaimed, pointing a finger at the portal. The tunyannii seems more interested in the hanma elf though, crouching down beside her.

"Are you ok, dear? You're not burned, are you?"

The elf lifted her gaze up to the conserned features of the tunyannii, and noded, favoring her with a smile, getting to her feet, swaying for a moment. "Yeah.. But I can't hold that thing open for very long. It's pulling on my personal strength and energy to power it."

The tunyanii nodded, and motioned for the elf to proceed her. "After you then, dear."

The elf nodded, staggering through into the gate, feeling the energy of one of the bunny's prayers washing over her. She turned her gaze back to the bunny, favoring her with a smile. The bunny, in turn, rawred at her playfully, and took a single step into the gate.

At that point, the whole world seemed to explode to the elf. The sudden jerk in her chest told her that it was the spell. Something was going wrong, and quickly. That was all she had time to register before she was blown free from the gate, and into the wall of the workshop.

She brought her arms up, in an attempt to soften the impact with the wall, only to have her arms both bent in an unnatural direction, obviously broken. Even as the pain flooded into her senses, something else registered. Blood, and a lot of it. She groaned, and rolled over as best she could, looking down first at herself, then at the doorway where the gate had been. The entire room was covered with blood and chunks of flesh, as if someone had been ripped assunder.

Her first instinct was to look back down at herself. Other then her broken arms, she was realtively intact. The blood wasn't hers. That could only meen..

The realisation hit her like a brick to the back of the head. That ment the blood could only belong to.. No.. No.. It couldn't be.. Usagi couldn't be dead.. She couldn't be.. She was alive and well just a moment ago.. Now.. She was covered with blood.. Usagi was..

And that was her last contious thought for a long time. She lay in a crumpled heap on the floor of her workshop, her mind shut down to protect itself.

Her wife was dead, and she was stranded here.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Wed May 02, 2007 4:47 am

The half demon elf lay there, uncontious for an undetermained amount of time. Slowly, the stirrings of contiousness returned, thrust upon the peaceful endless blackness by the pain shooting up her arm. Night has fallen outside of the slim window near the roof of the wall she'd crashed into, and the room was filled with shadows. Softly glowing eyes cracked open, only to fill with tears once again as her gaze fell upon the congealed blood and tissue still splattered about her in the semigloom.

She curled, as best she could, into a tight ball, sobs racking at her shoulders, causing further physical pain upon her as she disturbed a dislocated shoulder, craddling the oddly bent arm against her chest. A world of misery was what she existed in. She lacked the will to even bother to try to get up. Her entire life had crashed down around her in the briefest of moments. She could still see the playful grin that had been upon her wife's face the moment before the gate had collapsed. Now she was gone, and the elf had no reason to even want to continue existing.

She was snapped out of her misory for the briefests of moments at the sound of a dark chuckling coming out of the shadows against the wall.

"Poor little Feather.. You've gone and killed your bunny, haven't you? You kill everything you love eventually. You know that, right?" A rich barrotone voice commented dryly. The owner stepped into the moonbeam filtering in through the window, thought the light didn't seem to dispell the propetual shadow around the figure.

A long suffered sigh escaped the hanma elf, and she sniffled in her misory.

"What do you want, shadow?"

Another dry chuckle escaped the shadow cloaked figure. "You know what I want, Feather. You are one of my children."

The elf ground her teath, making an autable sound. "No, I'm not. Not anymore."

The shadow snorted in amusment. "That may well be.. But you know what I want. I'm willing to trade it for the life of your beloved bunny. You know I have the power to give you that. You know who, and what I am now."

That gave the elf pause, a spark of hope flooding into the dark, bottomless morass that her heart had become, shattered utterly. Then memory came flooding back. Memory of the last time she'd dared to disobay him, had steadfastly refused to come to his becon. The pain he had infliced upon her had been something she'd never felt the like of, and prayed fevorently that she would never have to feel again.

"I can take away your pain, Feather. You know that." She felt the weight of his hand upon her head. Almost instantly, the physical pain she was in dissapeared, and the emotional pain numbed to almost nothing.

She couldn't help but sigh in relief, turning her softly glowing gaze up towards the face of the creature that she had once been a puppet. Unbidden, the voice of her deceased wife rang out, the pendant that dangled from around her neck growing warm against her chest.

"He's a monster, Feather. He feeds upon the pain and suffering that he inflicts upon people. He doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he does. You've seen it for yourself, he cares about noone but himself, and where his next meal will come from."

The elf remained quiet for a moment longer, her heart at war with itself, then replied, looking up where the shadow's face should be.

"How about you go screw a goat? The puppet's strings have been cut. I won't do your bidding anymore, even at this price."

The shadow snorted again, angrly, pulling his hand away, clenching it into a fist, and swinging it at the side of the elf's head, the pain he'd taken away returning, with intrest. The amulet against her chest, a gift from her bunny when she'd won her freedom from the monster, growing almost burningly hot against her chest.

The shadow brought down his fist against the side of her head, only to have it pass right through her, without leaving a mark. Only the feeling of wind blowing against the side of her head. The shadow snarlled with rage.

"Fine. Enjoy your pain, Feather."

Then the shadow vanished, leaving the elf alone once more in the congealed blood and tissue of her fallen. Alone with the pain of her wounds, and with the pain of being alone. Forever seperated from her best friend.. Her wife.. The mother of her child..

Another sob racked the elf's body, causing another spark of pain..
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Wed May 02, 2007 5:29 am

Blood. There was blood on the air. It was one of those unmistakable scents that managed to pierce through the air and signal warning to men, no matter how dull their senses or minds might be. It was reflex.

This is the reason that Ignas had broken off what he'd been doing at the market. He'd been looking at daggers. His hair was something of a mess. It was a bright red, the color of blood, sickly shiny, and had somehow restored itself to its more usual length, instead of the short, uneven cut it had displayed days before. Ignas did not know how to explain the color change, naturally. That was a mystery. But perhaps it was due to the fact that he'd done some heavy stuff to his hair and scalp a week earlier.

Either way, that doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that something or someone is hurt, and that the stench is distinctly...human. This is not something that can be measured, or pointed out in a logical manner. It is more like something ringing in the back of the mind, a warning alarm.

He looked around, moving towards the scent. And...there was one place where it seemed most likely to be from. A shop. He stepped inside, and looked around. Nothing. But he heard sobs.

"Is someone hurt in here?", he would call out, concerned. He was on his guard now, stepping forward, towards the door behind the counter. It smelled bad. Someone had to be pretty badly hurt. That couldn't be good.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Wed May 02, 2007 5:38 am

Another sob escaped the tormented one, causing her injuries to sear once more with pain. It only served to make her emotional torment all the worse. If it were possible to will ones self out of existance, it was what she was trying so despreately to do. But her body was refusing to listen, proclaming its most deffinately alive state with another sear of pain from her arm and shoulder.

Another sob escaped her, her mind not registering the voice coming from the front of the shop, so lock in her own torment was she.

The stench coming from the room was horrible. She'd been laying in the blood long enough that it had congealed, and started to turn black, sticking to everything. The first apperance is not going to be good. It looks, to say the least, like someone had blown up in there.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Wed May 02, 2007 6:23 am

Of course it looked like someone had imploded. Add onto this the appearance of the sobbing woman, and...as Ignas moved his way into the workshop, he did not quite know what to make of all this. So, he would stand there, staring down at the woman. And wait for her to register his presence.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 pm

It takes the distraught elf a few moments to register the fact that there is someone there, turning her softly glowing eyes up at him. More tears trickle down her cheeks as she waits for him to say something. Perhaps he's just a figment of her imagination as well. He certainly doesn't look like anyone she's ever seen before.

'Amazing what the mind can come up with when put under stress,' the small part of her brain that's not damaged by the events coments. She sniffles again, peering up at him.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Thu May 03, 2007 1:35 am

"Do you wish to explain what's happened, demon?"

An easy question. He wasn't sure whether this demon was crazy, putting on some sort of an act, or was genuinely upset. So he'd hope for an explanation. The authorities were going to be contacted, either way. Whatever authorities in town were actually an authority and cared about law enforcement, anyways.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Thu May 03, 2007 4:25 am

The young demon elf sniffled, closing her eyes once more,tightly. Her prone form curled into a tlighter ball, a misreable little whimper escaping her.

The man standing in the doorway of her shop looked like nothing that she had ever seen before. Undoubtably it was the shadow, returning to torment her once again.

Another sniffle, and a soft cough to clear her throat. She responds, her voice roughened with the emotions still raw and fresh, still pressing down upon her chest like a leaden weight.

"You know damned well what happened, shadow. Don't think that playing dumb is going to make me give you what you want."
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Thu May 03, 2007 5:08 am

She spoke in an incoherent manner. Suspicion rose. Perhaps this was a woman who'd become possessed and warped? These suspicions drive his next action. He steps towards her, and his booted foot swings. It lands upon her neck, and presses firmly, meaning to threaten a horrid, crushing death, if it is something she fears.

"Speak, woman. Speak -coherently-, or I will be forced to believe you are possessed. You will not enjoy your fate if I am led to believe that you caused this.", his voice raises, eyes widen. He means to threaten her. It is the most convenient way to get the answers he wants right now.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Thu May 03, 2007 5:44 am

A gurgling squeak escapes the teenager as the boot is pressed down upon her throat. Hands move up to try to remove the apendage, only to disturb the broken bones in her fingers and arms. A growling his of pain, and she drops the appendages back to her chest, staring up the strange looking man, a look of defiance in her eyes and expression.

"Fate?! Or you'll what?! Kill me?! Please. You'd be doing me a favor!" She yells back at him, only to be caught in a spasm of coughing as the evidence of her grief gets lodged in her throat from the exhurtion.

The pain, the misory all catch up with her again, and she disolves into another torrent of sobbing, fresh tears making tracks down the sides of her face.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Thu May 03, 2007 5:46 am

"I doubt the authorities will let it go easily. You'll be tortured before you die. Either by them...or me.", she struggles at his fingers. His boot is pressing down upon her now. She seems to be a little angry at him now. He'd press down hard enough to actually choke her for a whole minute, grinding his boot into her throat, before releasing. "Feel like talking now?", he had to get this done quickly, or somehow he'd get painted as the one responsible for this mess.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Thu May 03, 2007 5:58 am

She makes another gurgling noise as the foot presses down on her throat. Her body suddenly goes completely limp, as if she lacks the will to fight the choaking sinsation. While it may not be the fastest way to die, it might give her the release that she so desperately wants.

Her features color under the wieght of the foot on her neck, and she chokes, but her hands remain on her chest, not fighting. A look of disapointment crosses her features as the pressure of the foot is taken away. A spasim of coughing excapes the teenager, and she glares up at her tormenter defiantly.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 am

He exhaled frustratedly. This woman's defiance was obviously that of some tormented, possessed woman completely incapable of expressing whatever it was she'd done. He would have to kill her, then. "I hope your shadow, whatever it is, cannot follow you to hell...but its likely that I'm wrong.", he reached into his sleeve, and pulled out the thin, long dagger he'd just purchased. The first out of what should have been four. The weapon gleamed brightly. One last attempt at threatening, before he'd have to put the dagger away and call someone to arrest this woman. He wouldn't kill her and risk taking the blame for this.
Minty

Postby Cobalt_Steel » Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 am

It could very well be that, or the mark of someone whom long ago got used to being tortured. Either way, she glares up at him in defiance, a flicker of unidentified emotion showing in her eyes, before being overcome with the grief again.

"The shadow can't hurt me any more. Usagi promised. The shadow can't hurt me.'

Once more, fresh tears appear in her eyes.
Cobalt_Steel

Postby Minty » Thu May 03, 2007 6:54 am

Ignas sighed. Boot was removed. He was now bending over, a hand reaching for her arm. "You're coming with me.", he hoped it would be easy enough to drag her out, because that's what he was attempting to do now. "We need some guards over here! Someone has been murdered!", he'd shout out, hoping the sound carried out of the shop.
Minty

Next

Return to Downtown Myrkentown