Hunting The Bloodmoon (Part 2)

Hunting The Bloodmoon (Part 2)

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 am

((This part of this sl is completely open, I forgot to add this when I first posted.))

Drathius was perhaps an intimidating figure as he walked through the streets of Myrkentown. The 7' tall ilarian elf was adorned in black enamled plate mail armor with golden fluting. The breastplate bore a large, cetlic cross-like design etched into it, the symbol of his god. He did not wear his helm, thus leaving his elven features plainly visible. His long, molten gold hued hair was tied back in a long ponytail that hung to his mid-back. At his left side rest a sheathed blade, a bastard sword judging by the sheath's size.

Intense violet eyes were seeking out those that may be members of the local guardsmen or whatever group enforced the law. He was also looking for any sign of Seth... if he spotted his quarry on the streets a bloody fight might just ensue. Thus he moved through the streets, ignoring those he deemed unworthy of attention, though not letting his guard down.
Gods of War, I call you. My sword is by my side.
I seek a life of honor, free from all false pride.
I will crack the whip with a bold, mighty hail.
Cover me with death if I should ever fail.

~~ Words from The Warriors' Prayer by Manowar
Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Tue May 15, 2007 6:37 am

Drathius was still wandering the streets of Myrkentown. He had seen several guardsmenor whatever they called themselves and had simply decided they were not worth speaking to. This was obviously counter-productive to his search.

He was growing annoyed, the arrogent expression on his face turning grim. This was when he decided it would be best to return to the Dagger, before someone came along and tried his patience. There was always tomorrow to search, thus he would begin heading back in the direction of the Dagger.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Three Knights, Drathius Returns

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Fri May 25, 2007 3:04 pm

~~Several weeks had passed since Drathius had last been in Myrkentown. He had encountered Seth at the Dagger but a strange guardsman had interfered with the event. Drathius had been injured but not severly before the guardsman had melted away and been absorbed by the floorboards of the building along with any blood that had been shed. The day after that incident Drathius had left the Dagger and Myrken to seek out Livia and Kelendar as well as recover from his wounds before hunting Seth again.~~

They rode into town early in the day, three knights fully clad in black enameled platemail with gold fluting and a large, celtic cross-like symbol etched into the breastplates. One stood out amongst the others, for he was taller than the other two by far and his black warhorse was as big as a draft horse with eyes that shined with far more intelligance than a normal steed. Another thing that stood out from the other two was that the face mask of this ones helm was shaped in the grim countenance of a skull. Drathius had returned with Livia and Kelendar, should anyone choose to try and get in his way this time he would have allies on hand... Seth must die.

Seth_Bloodmoon

An Inevitable Clash Of Steel

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Sun May 27, 2007 3:58 pm

~~Occuring around the same time Drathius and his knights enter town~~

Seth made his way through the streets of Myrkentown, he planned on informing the Constables of possible trouble in the form of those hunting him. He should informed them a lot sooner but then again he had planned on not having his troubles enter these parts. Even after encountering Drathius at the Dagger he had procrastinated on the matter, thinking he would be able to avoid another encounter with the man in Myrkenwood. Now, however, with the feeling of impending trouble eating away at him, he was on his way to warn them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drathius, Livia and Kelendar maneuvered their mounts through the streets in search of a decent place to stay at. The Dagger was not an option Drathius would take after certain events had transpired. It would be Kelendar's steely grey eyes that spotted Seth first, just happening to glance down one of the side streets as the tall elf was making his way across it.

Kelendar halted his steed, "Drathius! It's him! The oathbreaker!" calling to the armored elf, pointing a finger in Seth's direction.

Drathius halted his mount before making it back step to Kelendar's side. Intense violet eyes narrowed as he caught sight of Seth and he drew his wickedly serrated, bastard sword as he steered his mount down the side street, "TRAITOR! OATHBREAKER! Prepare to answer for your crimes against the Holy Order of Ozmosis!" He did not kick his mount into a gallop, yet but should Seth run, Drathius was prepared to trample anyone in his path as would the two knights traveling with him.

Livia and Kelendar were right behind him, each drawing their own swords. The two would keep an eye out for any interferance. Drathius had made it clear that he wanted to slay Seth and no one, not even them, was to interfere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traitor, oathbreaker and the words that followed caused Seth to freeze in his tracks, right hand flying to grasp Twilight Heart. Damnit all to the Nine Hells... this was not supposed to happen here... not in the middle of a town.

He turned slowly to face the direction from which the all to familiar voice came from. Brilliant blue eyes flickered with anticipation as they locked onto the armored forms riding towards him at a calm pace. Elven features grew grim as his gaze flicked about to take in random townspeople that were probably watching the spectacle unfold.

His gaze returned to Drathius and his knights, "Let us settle this somewhere else," the tone of his voice was deadly and he spoke no form of insult. He wanted this fight, wanted to be done with it but he did not want it in the middle of Myrkentown.

Drathius sneered beneath the skull shaped facemask of his armor as Seth spoke, "No, we settle this here and now. It is time you pay for your crimes," his voice was icey cold, "It is time that I free you of your mortal coil so that you may face the judgement of the god you betrayed," he would not wait any longer.

He halted his mount about twenty feet away from Seth and dismounted. He did not have Livia or Kelendar take his steed's reigns as he began to advance upon his target, the beast would take care of itself.

Livia glanced towards Kelendar for a moment as the two of them drew their own horses to a stop. Kelendar met her gaze and shook his head, this was not their fight unless Drathius ended up in trouble. Livia nodded and the two of them watched on, as well as watched for trouble from other sources.

Seth growled under his breath at Drathius' words and drew Twilight Heart free of its sheath as he was approached, "My crime you say? Would you see worlds ground beneath the bootheel of a powermad god? I denied him access to Warcry and prevented it, that is no crime!" Of course, in the eyes of the one he had betrayed and his followers it was a crime... always a difference of opinion to be had.

He wanted to lead this fight out of town but he would merely be ridden down in the attempt unless he decided to dart down an alleyway or something along those lines but he wouldn't... he wanted this too badly. He couldn't resort to his magic for it might cause unnessecary damage and well... he really wanted to clash swords.

Drathius snorted at Seth's words then suddenly charged his opponent, sword arcing in a wicked horizontal slash aimed for Seth's chest. Drathius moved as if he were wearing no armor, despite the fact he was adorned in plate mail and this might have surprised the average opponent.

Seth, however, was not your average opponent, and he easily shifted Twilight Heart to block Drathius' opening attack. Thus steel clashed with steel, there was no turning back, both men were commited to bringing the about the death of the other.

Ixius watched everything unfolding, absently leaning back against a random building. He had been keeping tabs on Seth through magical means and was not about to miss this. Niether Seth or Drathius had spotted him, though Kelendar had noticed the one called snowflake by at least two people.

He merely nodded in greeting to the knight that had seen him, lifting an apple to his mouth and taking a solid bite out of it. Eyes the color of rubies turned back to Seth and Drathius as the sound of steel on steel rang through the air. A slight smirk formed upon his lips as he chewed on the mouthful of apple.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Sherazade » Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm

Ilarian central... That is what this part of myrken was becoming, for coming from the direction of the blacksmiths was Loreley. Hunters tunic had a light dusting of ash upon it. Unstrung bow was gripped in one hand, and in the other was a brand new harpoon. Cutlass swung at her hip, blade gleaming as sunlight bounced off it.

The ringing of steel on steel drew her attention,. Pivoting upon her heel she spun and moved towards it. Golden gaze lifted fell upon the two combatants.

Drathius!!! The recognition caused a wave of rage to rise within her. Fingers shifted on the shaft of the harppon, even as pale lavendar swamped her gaze. There he was, the one who had lead that army, ridden into that small villiage of thieves and slaughtered every man woman and child. In silence she began to creep closer, arm drawing back with the harpoon at the ready.

"TALAEL TYDRAS!!!" The words for craven coward ripped from her lips at a roar, even as her arm snapped forward and launched that protectile towards the armoured mans side. Such force did she use, that she stumbled forward a few steps a medalion falling from inside her shirt. Glowing in gold upon that black surface was an eye in the center of a grasping hand, the hand poised in the act of reaching out to pluck something from its resting place. The mark of the followers of Jessilia, the goddess of thieves.
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

'Snowflake' Acts/The Battle Rages On

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Tue May 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Ixius was the first to spot Loreley, the first to see her let the harpoon fly towards Drathius while roaring an insult. Ruby hued eyes watched the flight of the harpoon as his lips formed quietly spoken, arcane words. He held the apple in front of his mouth, as if taking another bite, with his right hand. The fingers of his left hand made a slight gesture, barely percievable unless one was scrutinizing him closely. At the same moment his fingers moved an invisible force caused the harpoon to fall short of its intended target, thudding solidly into the street a mere five feet away from Drathius.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelendar and Livia's attention was drawn towards Loreley as she roared and unleashed the harpoon at Drathius. Kelendar reacted first, "Drathius, watch out!" urging his mount into a charge, fully intending to put himself between his leader and the projectile.

Livia urged her mount into a charge as well, straight for Loreley. She would be the first to notice the medallion "Stay out of this, follower of Jessilia!" it was the only warning she would give the woman. If the woman did not heed her words she would resort to violence, her sword raised high for a vicious downward strike.

Kelendar cursed, he would never make it in time, of course he knew this before he had charged forward. Then, suddenly the harpoon struck the street, short of his leader. He was a smart man.. that throw had been true and should have struck Drathius. He would reign his horse to a halt, still several feet away from everything and his steely grey eyes would seek out Ixius, who was 'eating an apple'. Then they would travel towards the ilarian elven woman that had thrown the harpoon, narrowing slightly. He would hold back now, ready to back up Livia if need be or to react to anyone else that might suddenly arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drathius only faintly heard the roared insult. Just barely heard Kelendar's voice shout in warning. He did not react though, he was far too intent on killing Seth. As everything occured he launched a vicious series of stabs and slashes aimed for Seth's chest.

Seth's only reaction to apparent interferance were two simple words, "HE'S MINE!" rage filling his voice. He did not look Loreley's way, keeping his attention focused upon his opponent. He fended off the series of attacks launched by Drathius and launched into his own offensive, Twilight Heart singing through the air.

Drathius fended off each attack and Seth did in turn, neither gaining the upper hand. To an onlooker it might almost look like a dance with the sound of steel on steel as the music. The two ilarian elves moved with a vicious grace, locking swords on occaision, only to push eachother back before renewing their attacks.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Sherazade » Wed May 30, 2007 7:59 am

Stumble was recovered from quickly feet planted in the dirt, even as nimble fingers deftly restrung her bow. "NO!" It was an enraged denial as she saw that perfect shot forced to go astray. Very well she wouldn't miss a second time, and then she heard Seth's words, gold was a flicker within lavendar as Lore tried to take back control. Let him have this Mother He's a friend . the mind's voice words were a cooling balm pierced the veil of red haze that the world had become.

She watched as Livia urged her mount into a charge as well, straight for her. Medallion flared as the warning was delivered "Stay out of this, follower of Jessilia!"

The woman was viewed with scorn, ... brash, rushed... the words flowed through her mind as she sprang aside watched livia ride right past her.
Hand went to her quiver drew forth a single arrow and notched in place. It was a smooth elegant movement, completeed even before the horse could be turned to face her once more.

"Fine I'll take Osmosis's Whore then...." Her lips curved into a cruel smile, one to rival snowflakes for simple venom content "tell me Whore... does your god let you lick his arse... Or do you just wish you could" Knuckles of her left hand were brushing her ear now, a fine trembling in her arm, for it took effort. Fingers released the string, pale lavendar orbs, watching the heavy tipped arrow fly straight and true heading for the bone right between the eyes of Livia's mount.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Kelendar To The Rescue/First Blood Is Drawn

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Thu May 31, 2007 9:17 am

Livia brought her horse around and made another charge towards The ilarian elven woman. The woman's words made Livia's lips twist in a sneer, "Better to be a whore of a real god rather than the whore of a sniveling goddess!" shouting her retort in a heated tone. Unfortunately for Livia there was little she could do about getting her horse out of the path of the arrow the woman shot and Ixius did nothing to help the female knight out.

The arrow struck true with a sickening thud. The horse itself, made a strange sound, charge turning into a stagger that made it a few feet further before it simply collapsed in a heap. Livia hit the ground hard, she had managed to free herself from the saddle so that she would not be caught under her mount. However, the force of her landing left her stunned, sword laying nearby on the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelendar cursed under his breath as he caught sight of the arrow hitting its mark. He did not waste a second, urging his own steed into a charge, straight for Loreley. He gave no warning battlecry but surely the sound of thundering hooves would be a clear warning. He aimed his charge so as to pass to one side of Loreley, sword slashing through the air, aimed for her upper torso.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seth and Drahius had locked blades again, brilliant blue eyes locked with intense violet eyes. Each tried to gain an upper hand as they pushed back and forth. Then, suddenly, Seth pulled Twilight Heart away, throwing Drathius off balance for an instant. Seth took full advantage of the moment, tall form twirling around behind his opponent, Twilight Heart slicing through the air to collide with Drathius' side. The blade found a gap in the man's armor and scored a shallow cut along his side.

Drathius hissed in pain but the injury was by no means a telling blow. He recovered and spun about to face Seth in time to block a second attack from finding its mark. At the same moment he brought a knee up towards Seth's gut.

Seth grunted as the knee found its mark, and staggered back. Drathius followed up with a sweeping, horizontal slash aimed for his opponent's face but Seth dropped to one knee at the last second, thrusting Twilight Heart towards Drathius' gut. Drathius lept back out of range of the thrust and thus neither of the ilarian elve's blades found their mark.

Ixius watched on, taking another bite out of his apple. One had to wonder what was going through his head. Once he had interfered on behalf of Drathius but then again he did not aid Livia when such help would have been needed.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:34 am

Loreley walked a twisted landscape, wreathed in mist, trapped within her own mind as she watched her mother battle her kindred, others of their race.
Why? Why did her mother feel such hatred for this drathius? for the god he followed? She began to shift through the fragments left of the spirits mind, of Eiraelae's memories looking for answers.

Ethereal fingers, find a misty thread and Loreley pulled.

The mist rolled back parade a series of bloody images before Lore. Men women and children dying beneath the blades of armoured knights, killed for slights real and imagined, sometimes simply because they existed. Finally the clearest image came....

The village was gutted, burned so badly there was little recognisable amongst the twisted blackened remanants of bulidings. The sickly swet smell of charred flesh assaulted the senses of Eiraelae and her small band as they returned from a raid. Even here in the mind the smell wafted not dulled by the passing of years. Blackened bones lay in twisted heaps as mothers had sought to protect their children, to take them to safety hile other fought all to no avail.
Who did this was not a question to be left unanswered for fluttering in the breeze was the symbol of the god Ozmosis its flag pole stabbed through the eyesocket of a skull

Inside her mind Lore wanted to scream to weep in outrage, and grief . something sheered along her senses then an awareness of another of danger approaching. and she turnd to watch the fight a spectator in the scuffle which her mother had hijacked her body.

Back in the real world now, the follower of Jessilla was advancing upon the fallen livia, hatred twisting features that belonged to her daughter, bow was tossed to the ground, left in the dust as cutlass was swept from its place at her hip. Hoofbeats sounded behind her but she became aware of them a moment to late. Sidestep was not taken quite fast enough and the point of kelendars sword sliced a thin line along her ribs. blood blossomed began to seep trough her tunic but she ignored it, just as she had ignored livia's comment about her goddess.

Golden fire raged through the lavendar mist Lore's gaze had become and mother and child merged, becoming inseperable in mind and spirit, both using the body in tandem now. This gaze would be lifted to kelendar even as a dagger few from her boot and into her hand.

"Come down here and play mercenary scum" her tones were full of scorn "or are you afraid?"

this last would hang in the air, an accusation that it would seem she believed to be the truth
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Kelendar turned his mount around to face Loreley once more as she called him 'mercenary skum', "Petty insults mean little, woman," maybe if he was actually a merc it would have had some effect but he knew who and what he was. And with that he would urge his mount into another charge, though he would be wary of the bow the woman wielded with apparent proficiency. This charge would be aimed to sweep alongside her yet again, sword swing aimed for her upper torso.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Livia was just now beginning to stir once more , pushing herself up onto her hands and knees. Slowly she pushed herself back onto her feet, taking a moment to get her bearings before moving to retrieve her sword. She cursed under her breath, her own mount was quite obviously a corpse.

Her helmed head turned to take in the sight of Kelendar charging Loreley again and so she made the decision to stay back for the moment, preparing to react should the need arise. She would much prefer to be ramming her sword into Loreley's face but she could wait... the chance would sureley arise after all, victory would be theirs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment Drathius lept back, Seth launched himself towards the armored ilarian elf and swung Twilight Heart in a hacking motion towards his oppenent's sword arm.

Drathius reacted swiftly, slipping to one side of Seth aiming his blade for a wicked stab at Seth's side. Seth spun out of the sword's path, brilliant blue eyes alight as he thrust his blade towards another gap in Drathius' armor.

Drathius brought his blade down and again steel met steel. For a brief moment they remained in a weapons lock until Drathius shifted to one side, jerking his blade free of the lock causing Seth to stumble forward.

Drathius took advantage of the moment and swung his cruel blade in a wicked horizontal slash that tore through the fabric of Seth's shirt and bit into flesh, scoring a long, shallow cut across his lower back.

Seth let out a hiss of pain and dropped to one knee. Drathius made the attempt to press his advantage, aiming to end this fight in the blink of an eye as his blade came down with the intention of removing Seth's head.

Ixius absently tossed aside the half-eaten apple and folded his arms across his chest. He watched on, a flicker of amusement dancing in the ruby red depths of his eyes.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Sherazade » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Eiraelae stumbled forward, almost dropping lore's body to her knees as pain seared along her side. Move aside mother trust me to do this Lore's voice rang within her own mind and she felt her mother stepped back.

Golden gaze lifted and the medalion ceased to glow, became mere decoration again. Body spun round, feet sliding into a wide stance, more suited to the pitching deck of a ship than land, but all the same Lore seemed quite stable. Perfectly still she stood as Kelendar charged her, cutlass and dagger held ready.

At the last possible second she threw herself sideways, cutlass swinging through the air and raking along the horses belly. Oh she hated to kill such a magnificent beast, but getting him on the ground was more important. Of course white hot fire did erupt along her ide with this move, tore the gash a little wider let the blood flow a little more freely. And for the moment she would remain kneeling in the dust.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 am

Kelendar cursed as he heard his mount 'scream' in agony and felt it begin to collapse beneath him from the horrid belly wound. He, however, was prepared for such a moment and was free of the saddle before the horse had completely collapsed, moving rather well for a man wearing plate mail.

He glanced down to his dying horse for a moment as he moved around its twitching body. Were he not in the middle of a fight he would have finished the beast off quickly but he could not trust his opponent. Thus he would turn his attention back the Loreley, the expression on his face lost beneath the face mask of his helm.

Kelendar did not rush towards her, rather he extended his free hand, turning it palm up before motioning with his fingers for her to 'bring it'. If she should go for her bow rather than come at him, he would charge her on foot with the intention of cleaving the bow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Livia watched Kelendar's horse go down, watched him react far better than she did when her own mount had gone down. Thus she held back still, not giving into the urge to rush Loreley. She would not pull a stupid act like Hector had done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seth had been prepared for Drathius, in a sense setting the man. The cut on his back stung like hell but it was not debilitating. As Drathius' blade neared his neck, Seth threw himself to one side and rolled back to his feet, gritting his teeth against the flare of pain that shot through his lower back.

Drathius' sword thudded into the street and he would howl in anger, whirling to face Seth. Seth charged Drathius in that insant, Twilight Heart whistling through the air in a horizontal hacking motion aimed for the armored man's abdomen. Drathius interposed his sword in Twilight Heart's path and deflected the attack to one side. At the same instant he brought the pommel of the sword up towards Seth's chin.

Seth failed to react in time and the pommel struck him solidly in the chin. While there was no sickening sound of breaking bone, the force of the blow was enough to lift him an inch or two into the air. He came down hard, on his back. Twilight Heart clattered to the ground beside him as he lay there stunned, pain shooting through his head.

Drathius moved to stand over Seth, lifting his sword so that the point of it hovered inches above his opponent's chest, where his heart lay, "This ends here and now! Prepare to meet thy fate, traitor!" hate filled words passing through his lips.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Sherazade » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:20 am

Lore rose smoothly to her feet, turned to face Kelendar, showing no sign of discomfort from the rake along her ribs. Of course giving her Devil May Care, attitude she had cast a wink at Livia.

Gaze now drifted past Kelendars beckoning , saw Seth hit the ground, and Drathius's advancement. She was too far away to help him, she knew that, even if she could have gotten past her own opponent. It was then her gaze fell upon her harpoon, lying forgotten in a small puddle of water.

Do it, my child the power exists within you Her mothers voice intruded and suddenly arcane ripples spilled from Lore. Wind rose around her, caused her twin silver braids to dance within its embrace, medalion again glowing as Jessilla lent her grace to one not sworn to her service. Phantom hand of water rose from the puddle grasping the harpoon. The throw wasnt as accurate as the first had been, would not be an instant death if it struck, but it was still heading for Drathius's side.

Of course while she worked this magic she was vunerable, for this first delibrate use of emerging skills took all of her attention, her concentration, and her return to self awareness would be sluggish and slow
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 am

Ixius watched Drathius gain the advantage over Seth, a slight smirk tugging at the edges of his mouth. He felt the arcane energies called upon and knew their source was most likely Loreley but he did not turn his attention her way. He had his own plan, he would be taunt Seth in the future because of it.

Thus he lifted his right hand, moving his fingers through the air in an intricate pattern. The arcane energies around him stirred, ready to answer his beck and call. A single word was spoken and his right hand moved into a palm out position. He shoved his hand forward, in Drathius' general direction. One might feel the sudden release of arcane power the instant he made that motion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelendar snarled as Loreley seemed to concentrate on something behind him. He couldn't be sure what she was up to but he would hesitate no longer in attacking. Thus he charged her, inteding to ram and armored shoulder into her but at the same time ready to react should she swing her blade at him, he was no fool.

That wink was damned near enough to make Livia rush Loreley. It irked her but she kept herself in check and held back as Kelendar rushed the woman. Livia's attention turned to take in the sight of Drathius standing over Seth, poised to run him through the heart.

Drathius could taste victory, could feel it in his grasp. He pushed the point of his blade downwards with the full extent of his strength, oblivious to the harpoon hurtling his way.

He never found his mark nor would Loreley's harpoon find him. A blast of magical force slammed into his armored form. Drathius exhaled a great woosh of air from the impact and his tall form went sailing through the ai, backwards. He crashed back to the ground on his back, somehow managing to keep his grasp on his sword. He lay there, however, stunned for a moment or two with the wind knocked out of him.

Loreley's harpoon would only find empty air where Drathius once stood over Seth and it would sail onwards till its momentum was spent, it was controlled to do something else or it struck something in its path.

Seth had been prepared for what seemed inevitable, waited to feel the plunge of steel entering his body. He was still reeling from the solid blow to his chin, which was already swelling.

Then, suddenly, Drathius was out of his field of vision, no steel found its mark. It took Seth a moment to make a connection that some outside force had just saved him from death. Slowly but surely, he began to stir. His lower back stung, dirt grinding into the shallow wound that had been delivered earlier. With a groan he rolled onto his stomach and began to push himself back to his feet. Twilight Heart still lay where it had landed.

Ixius' smirk grew with amusement as soon as Drathius went sailing through the air, denied victory. Without waiting to see what would happen beyond this point, Ixius made his way out of the area with a bored yawn. He had better things to do than to watch all the fools fight in the streets.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Postby Seth_Bloodmoon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:36 am

Livia could only gawk as Drathius suddenly went sailing through the air and crashed to the ground. It would seem victory had been denied to him again. As Drathius lay stunned and Seth began to regain his footing, she readied her sword, preparing to engage Seth should Drathius not get back on his feet in time to defend himself.

Drathius, however, would not need aid for he managed to recover swiftly and was back up on his feet. Rage flickered in the intense, violet depths of his eyes and he let out a roar of anger, charging towards Seth once more.

Seth's eyes narrowed as Drathius charged and in the blink of an eye Twilight Heart was called to his right hand with a mere thought. Violence flashed in brilliant blue eyes and he let out his own howl of rage and anger, charging in turn.

Both of the ilarian elves leveled their blades, much like two knights readying their lances in a joust. Time seemed to slow down as their eyes locked in mutual hatred, a hatred that ran so deep one could almost feel it in the air.

And then they connected... Drathius' blade sliced through cloth and blood sprayed into the air like a fine red mist. Twilight Heart rent metal as it connected with Drathius' armor, pushing through it like a hot knife through butter and punching out through the plate of armor covering his back and more blood filled the air.

Both men would collapse to their knees, each still holding their swords. Brilliant blue remained locked with intense violet. They were both breathing heavily and it would be hard to tell exactly who's breath made a horrible, wet, wheezing sound. It would be hard to tell who's blood was pooling the most about the two warriors. Eacn man appeared to be impaled on the other's blade.

Seth_Bloodmoon

Next

Return to Downtown Myrkentown