A Missive for the Taxman.

A Missive for the Taxman.

Postby Kylerryth » Tue May 15, 2007 10:58 am

When Treadwell next returned to his shop, there would be a sealed envelope waiting for him. Its dark red wax bore an imprint of the mark of House Aldred; a letter from his fellow Councilor, then.

[indent]To Aloisius Treadwell, Councilor of Administrative Sanctions:

Salve, Councilor Treadwell. Good health and fortune to you.

I will be brief, for I have many other matters to attend to ere the day is done.

You and I have met, but in passing -- we shared a table at a meeting in the seemingly distant past. I would change that. I invite you to dine with me at my estate, so that we may discuss any topic that interests us both.

Please send reply at your earliest convenience, Councilor.

Sincerely,
Aston Jylan Aldred
Lord of Aldred
Councilor of Defence & Civil Security[/indent]
I'll either find a way or make one.
Kylerryth

Postby Treadwell » Tue May 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Treadwell's handwriting in the note back to the other Councilor is its usual heavy-handed, ink-splattered, sloppy self, but the note goes out the same afternoon the former is found.

= = = = =

Lord Aldred, Councilor of Defense and Civil Security:

Greetings.

I certainly wish to accept your invitation. Any time the rest of this week is sufficient, although I will be busy in the evenings mid-week starting next week. Do let me know what time might be best, and quickly.

This fifteenth of May, A.R. 207,
From the shop I now share,
Aloisius Horatio Treadwell, Councilor of Administrative Sanctions

= = = = =
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Downtown Myrkentown