Of toys and crimson plans...

Of toys and crimson plans...

Postby Carnath-Emory » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:48 am

It's a day for letter-writing, isn't it? With the air grown warm already, but the skies so overcast that the world's been made over in humid shades of grey. Perhaps it inspires a certain dramatic streak in a person, so that they want for ink and paper and very grandiose phrasing. Perhaps it makes Myrkenfolk think of coming storms...

This is the pursuit that has certainly occupied the most of one swordswoman's morning. There has been a very unlikely request sent to an attorney who vacations far from here; there has been the morning's letter sent to architect Duquesne, and nevermind that he's had six weeks and more to meet his death. It is a short thing, but written with particular care, and it features such exotic words as 'codicil' and 'extortion' and 'faith'.

And then there is this, clearly penned in some haste, and delivered to Treadwell's businessplace by a runner who's earned his coin with sweat and enthusiasm.

[INDENT]Glenn Burny,

I am glad of the map, gladder still when it is complete. I do not allow that you will be murdered before I receive what I have paid for, to whit your lessons begin today and in earnest. I've a mock weapon for you, you will do well to fetch yourself a helm a padded jerkin pants you do not fear to ruin suppel boots. We speak of Vraal at soonest chance we speak particularly of Snowstill, for you do me a great service by learning this thing and I must know all that you have learned. What I would say of this cannot be written upon a page.

Thank you.

Ariane.

[/INDENT]
Carnath-Emory

Postby Glenn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 am

It had taken a while for Glenn to receive the letter. There were certain advantages in making Treadwell's toy store one's base of operations. First and foremost was the large, bountiful meal which occured everyday in the early afternoon. Once one sat down for such a thing, it was generally a good while before he got back up again.

Also, Glenn had not expected a reply so quickly from Ariane. It had basically been a notification that yes, he was still on track with her work and no, he did not get recruited by any enemy of hers. He had hoped to finish the map this afternoon and he had hoped to have time to go through whatever records of purchased land Treadwell could dig up for him in his role of tax collector.

Now he was going to need some time to purchase what she had suggested. Very good, Glenn. Accepting work for something that wasn't money was well and good. At least food prices had dropped, right? Accepting work for something that would COST you money? Well that was just moronic. Glenn Burnie, moron. Even Alastir got free pie for HIS services.

A letter was hastily written, though at least with real sentences this time, and handed off to a runner for delivery.

----------------------------------------------------
Miss Emory,

I will as quickly as possible purchase such things as you suggested. Please provide me with a time and a place for us to meet for training and to speak of what I have learned and what I suspect.

Glenn

----------------------------------------------------

Well, at the VERY least, Glenn was glad he had been so perturbed by the frost, by the accursed Mudd, that his appetite had not been very strong for lunch. He had no desire to revisit the food in the midst of heavy training. Work would have to wait, but really, who would blame an employee when his client was TELLING him to focus on the payment and not the job. The moment the message was sent, he was off to procure clothes to get battered in.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Downtown Myrkentown