On The matters at hand...

On The matters at hand...

Postby Altias_Bromn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:08 am

Altias Bromn was not a fan of public speaking, not after the bloodshed that had followed the brutal rousting of Helstone. Therefore, in response to Ariane's advice, the governor had spent the better part of the night writing...again.

Letters were dispatched to all of the councilors and all those who had offered aid to the oncoming threats. Each was short and to the point, accepting said assistance and informing them of the council meeting to occur on Friday evening.

Emmit, and his brother Percy, were set about delivering the belated food shipment from Xanth Grange to the appropriate merchants. With instructions that each family was to be allowed a bundle, at no charge. Even with the crisis winding down, they deserved more than they had gotten.

And finally, tiresome work, were the notices. Gladria, Susanna, Meghan and Dot had all been given fist fulls of the documents, all penned by the governors own hand as he did not wish to bother the young lady scribe in the middle of the night. They posted them in every place that Zayken perfect had left his notices and as many other places as they could find.

To the residence of Myrken Wood,

I have returned from finding food for us, only to find us faced with yet another crisis.

Please know that I am not unaware of the situation, and plans are in motion to deal with it as we can. Many of our allies have offered their assistance in this matter. We have accepted their gracious offers.

The council will meet this Friday evening to discuss the current state of affairs and how best to protect you all.

It is important, I believe, for you to all know that you are still what makes Myrken wonderful. The council is not uncaring of your needs and desires. We are listening, and more importantly, we are acting.

Let it be known that any concerns can be brought to me at any time. Until such a time as the Meeting House is rebuilt, I shall be accepting written concerns and requests via my staff at the Bakery.

The threat is real, but so is our preparation for it.

As always, you have my ear, and my heart,

Altias Bromn

Wrong, in all the right ways
Altias_Bromn

Postby channe » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:27 am

The black, handpainted Straka symbol, on two or three of these.

HE LIES, says the graffiti.
channe

Postby Altias_Bromn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:05 am

The governor would be unaware of the Straka symbols, and their message, until much later in the evening. However, Young Emmit and Percy would see it on their way back to the bakery.

"By the Mother Emmit! Look!"

Percy would point a filthy finger at the black words, his deep brown eyes wide with disbelief.

"Emmit we have ta get back and tell the Gov about this!"

Emmit would reach down and grasp the boy's pointing finger, squeezing sharply. A lean face, smudged with dirt, would frown deeply at the younger boy.

"Are you daft? Don ya think the gov has enough troubles without hearing about this? He's gah the whole mess with Misser Helstone, his woman left him, he has enemies all round him. Do ya really think he needs to hear bout this, right now?"

"Gov'ner Bromn has the council meetin tomorra. Sure enough he'll see it on his way. No sense pesterin him with it before, hmm?"

Percy frowned back at his brother, snatching his finger back.

"Seems ta me he ought know about all the threats out there, but you know best....I suppose."

The two would work their way back to the bakery, with nary a word to their governor.

Wrong, in all the right ways
Altias_Bromn

Return to Downtown Myrkentown