From the Teahouse to the Dagger

From the Teahouse to the Dagger

Postby Wendy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm

An affair is in order. Cambree Swinton, Myrkentown Teahouse proprietress, has offered her hand in arranging what may be of some worth to the Myrken area. Equipped with a list of things to do, she is all about making arrangements with those parties that might offer their assistance toward this end.

Her first letter is to Zalin Savoy. His reputation as a phenomenal cook in the Broken Dagger's kitchen is now widespread.

The note is written with very little embellishment, as it is meant to be brief. There are several other writings she will complete by the time her candle light has drowned in its own wax.

Greetings and Every Good Fortune, Zalin Savoy:

Dear Sir,

Such word has been distributed in regards to your exquisite creations. It has been said that your crafts in the kitchen are the reason for the prosperity of the Broken Dagger. Try as I do to ignore rumors, please understand that I could not keep my ear from bending to those tales.

I am arranging a small affair that will require dinner for up to eight guests; however, this number is not yet secured. With this in mind, would you consider offering a private sampling of your catering menu?

My apologies for having very little personal knowledge of your services in the past. I am hoping this letter will be a step toward learning more about you and your skills.

Expectantly,
Mme. Cambree Swinton

These contents are sealed and delivered by morning - hopefully into the hand of the renowned kitchen artisan. If the Savoy brother is unsure who Cambree Swinton is, there is a great chance that someone in the kitchen might tell him, in a whisper.
Wendy

Postby Alastir » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:33 pm

Indeed the note did get to Zalin Savoy - in the kitchens of the Broken Dagger. And he reads it by candlelight and window light. And in reply with curling letters - beautiful and elegant:

Mme. Cambree Swinton,
A sampling of my cuisine can be arranged quite easily. As it is, I have an unspoken for evening at the end of the week. I will make enough for three. This includes some sample dishes for the meal and desserts. If you wish appetizers, I shall include some of those as well.

Zalin Savoy.
I'm gonna suture up my future, I ain't jaded, just hate it hard to explain, done & buried all I carried.
all my evils, through a needle, as I pull through the eye, of what was & what will, are now gone,
don't sweat it, thread it to forget it,
to feel like you've already gone on, to the rest of,
the rest of the life that you've got,
tie loose ends & bury it all away.
QotSA.

~ If it can't be healed; you're already dead. ~
Alastir

Return to Downtown Myrkentown