A Letter to C. Swinton

A Letter to C. Swinton

Postby Varian » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:52 am

A letter left at the tea house, in much the same fashion as that which he had discovered at the theatre, upon his return to Myrken Wood. A single, folded page sealed with crimson wax, branded with the mark of the House duMonde.

Darling Mme. Swinton,

I wish to express my gratitude for the warm regards of your letter, delivered so long ago to my playhouse and humbly request your pardon for my absence from the province.

Your gift is not unappreciated, if somewhat neglected in its receipt. I find it has lifted my spirits and stirred me from the lethargy that had consumed me and drove me from Myrken Wood so many months ago.

I am of the mind to invite you to The Gilded Lily, before its opening and request your opinion on its state and readiness.

Grant me this request and in your debt, I will have a meal prepared for us to share.

Your friend,

Varian apBlanc duMonde,
Baron of New Dauntless
I'm like a prisoner getting ready to talk. I feel the blood in my hands and the threat in your walk.
Varian

Postby Wendy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:09 am

Tea house hours are now forced to remain between dawn and sundown. Its madame keeps herself busy with serving the patronage in between.

An unexpected invitation was found on her porch one day ago. It has taken her much less time to pen a response to the Baron to acknowledge her well-wishes:

Baron Dumonde,

What a surprise to have your response in hand! Welcome back to the province yet again. I am glad you were able to receive my gift.

I hope that the ring will help you with a fresh start. It is something that I purchased with new Trae Kelsan shillings when I first arrived. It should bring you luck as it has for me.

My hope is that your success is swift in the opening of your playhouse. I will be delighted to see it and meet with you; however, please accept that I must politely decline your invitation for dinner.

I look forward to your suggestion of a date and time.

Until then,
C. Calomel

There is no seal on this letter, nor are there special markings besides some personal drawing of an ivy border - drawing is a habitual thing for this one. She drops the missive by the playhouse, with no use for a runner, leaving it on the doorstep - this time securing that a breeze will not steal it by setting a small stone she picked up from the the path on top of it.
Wendy

Return to Downtown Myrkentown