A changing of names

A changing of names

Postby Dulcie » Fri May 23, 2008 9:19 am

The barmaid had finally taken a day off from work. It seemed like from the moment she had started working again she had tried to find a way to keep almost every moment of the day filled. This afternoon would find her on the way into the downtown area.

Perhaps it was a bad time to be attempting a trip so soon after the disaster of a few weeks prior. As she walks her hazel eyes would continue to watch the streets cautiously. She would be careful to avoid the street where the counting house was located, having no desire to go anywhere near that building ever again. Instead today her trip would take her towards the office of census and registry. There had been a thought on her mind ever since she had returned to Myrken and now seemed to be as good a time as any.

She would press the door open and take a few minutes to let her eyes adjust to the light inside the building. It chilled her a little, the buildings in this district all looked so eerily alike from the inside and some of the memories would come back to her from that horrible time. She'd pause a few minutes in the doorway, considering leaving before she would finally continue on with her resolve, making her way to the desk where the clerk was working.

"I'd like to make a change of my name. I'm Dulcie Baker. My husband.. he.. he passed away three years ago. I'd like to have my name changed back to my maiden name, Miller."

She would watch the clerk in silence, not feeling inclined to say a whole lot more than that. It was hard enough just being there.
Dulcie

Return to Downtown Myrkentown