For the Teahouse Matron

For the Teahouse Matron

Postby Malaroth » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 am

Cambree Calomel

Greetings and Salutations,

I write to you concerning the recent edict I have issued to the knighthood that forbids them from making use of your services. I remember the care with which your employees looked after me and am very grateful for it. I also remain unashamed in rounding up donations to serve your establishment following how it was used in the aftermath of the riots that installed Bromn, briefly, as Governor.

It has come to my attention, however, that your house offers certain services that I cannot condone, nor will I allow them to tempt those who have joined the knighthood. For constables and soldiers, there is a time at which one is off duty - this is not so for a knight. Courage, honor and wisdom are not clothes to be donned in the morning but tools of the heart that are to be lived at all times.

Squire Mayfield has shared some concerns with me regarding this issue, specifically as it regards your friendship with her. Rest assured that I am not in the habit of forbidding friendships and do not intend to take it up anytime soon. Should your protocol change in the future, and you should no longer offer services of a questionable moral nature, I would be all too willing to allow members of the knighthood to partake of tea and good company. As things stand now, your establishment is forbidden to them.

Please feel free to address any concerns you might have to me.

Sincerely,

Sir Malaroth Deucalios of Zachea
Grand Master of the Shepherd Knights
I wish I had a reason
My flaws are open season
For this I gave up trying
One good turn deserves my dying
Malaroth

Postby Wendy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Letters arrive within hours of each other. The first is from her friend, the squire, and the second comes from the Grand Master Knight that has refused her friend any more time within the tea room.

It has been Cambree's understanding that Patience must do what she is told, and it is a difficult decision to make whether to write the squire back or to address the letter written by the knight. Somehow, it feels as if writing one is as good as writing the other. This is what it appears to be like.

The girl's reply is read through again before Cambree sets it aside. The knight's explanation rests beside it on a teahouse table - the thought of which causes a mild shake of the woman's head. She must spend the night thinking over whether a person that possesses courage or honor or wisdom actually sheds these attributes or trades them for certain services. Her own courage and honor and ...if she can be bold enough to call her experience 'wisdom' does not go on hold nor does it hibernate, no matter what she is doing.

Constables and soldiers are mentioned as being able to lay down their virtues and their attributes and it causes another shake of her head.

"Sir Deucalios, you have so much to learn about others." she speaks against her hand, and then sighs slightly at the broad discount of people who would also have honor, wisdom and courage in their hearts - perhaps not as tools, but as deeply rooted to their hearts as the vessels that connect them.

"I pray that you will one day see that there are still so many people who can claim to be as honorable though they are not of the knighthood." She is obviously speaking to herself as there is no one in the room. It is late and there are candles burning. Mister Ymir should be on his way. She expects to meet up with her husband and go home then.

Constables and soldiers. Heh. As if they can afford the luxury of certain services. Another head shake as this is just too much assumption placed in a letter. She can hardly think of a way to respond. She rests a hand to her cheek and leans back in her chair, skimming both notes distantly, and thinking. She is still unsure whether to write the Grand Master Knight or Patience, to at least relieve them of the weight of their apologies. Perhaps, she should consider addressing both. She will sleep on this idea.
Wendy

Return to Downtown Myrkentown