Of Bakers and Civic Administration

Of Bakers and Civic Administration

Postby Glenn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 am

Early upon this Myrken Morning, a missive would be delivered by a respectable looking urchin to one Atlias Bromn if he is currently in town. If he is not, it would be left at his most recent place of residence.

The letter was sealed with a rather modest seal and written in simple, polite penmanship. Very likely it had been dictated.

Atlias,

I've heard word of you asking questions as of late. I would be very pleased to provide you with the answers that you seek and have some ideas for how you might best be able to help Myrken Wood moving forward, if you are honestly inclined to do that. Almost anyone downtown will know where to find my office. Arrive when most convenient to you and I will endeavor to make time in my admittedly busy days.

Glenn Burnie

It was signed with just a name and no official title.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Altias_Bromn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:41 am

A letter would arrive at the offices of Glenn Burnie. It was written in flowing script on a piece of slightly pink parchment. The paper smelled vaguely of amber and was smudged with flour here and there.

Dear Mr. Burnie,

I appreciate your offer. I would indeed like to discuss Myrken and how she is currently being run. What trials she currently faces and how I can be of service. I Shall come around to your offices some time this week. I will bring a bottle of brandy. We can talk like civilized men.

Altias Bromn

There was no title for Altias either, as there was none to give. He no longer had a title, or a job, for that matter. He would go and speak with Burnie, and hope against hope that everything was well and good in Myrken.

Wrong, in all the right ways
Altias_Bromn

Postby Glenn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 am

Atlias Bromn no longer had a job. It was a fact that Glenn Burnie was well aware of. No job, and perhaps a few distinct holes in his memory. Factor in what the once-mapmaker knew about the LAST time Bromn's name was mentioned around Myrken and it made for an interesting situation. The Glenn Burnie of old would have delved into the heart of it in the most haphazard way possible.

This was not he.

No, this Glenn had sent a letter. This Glenn knew exactly how to move forward with one Atlias Bromn. This Glenn waited patiently in his citadel of paperwork and bureaucracy. This Glenn sat in his comfortable chair at his impressive desk and worked and waited. Outside his office clerks and researchers droned forth collating, organizing, writing and editing. To look at any one would be to see a chaos of ink and parchment, but all of them together created stability and order. Glenn wrote and Glenn waited.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Downtown Myrkentown