Of Excess, Restraint, and Golben

Re: Of Excess, Restraint, and Golben

Postby Dulcie » Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 am

The gentleman laughed slightly at Glenn's comments about the impossibility of their task. He would seem amused by the tirade that the man goes on about how it must be constructed, the resources, the time, the manpower, all those things. Berdini would let Glenn blow all of that wind before he would finally smile and lean forward a little, looking at him quite seriously.

"Dear Governor, Impossibility has been the trade of my lifetime. My hands are quite capable in the matter. You provide me with the resources, the manpower that you have to offer and I shall find the means to provide what is lacking. You will find me to be a rather resourceful man in such matters."

He would lean back then, tapping his fingertips upon his knees as Glenn holds his hand up to halt more communication. He would wait then patiently, looking towards him until he had the opportunity to speak again. "You have my complete support Governor Burnie. As you know I myself was attacked by such a beast that I am sure you would like to expel to this labyrinth. It is a worthy task, a noble one in fact. How could I possibly think to refuse such a calling? I will begin drafting the plans in the rather near future. Do tell me, do you have any particular care that the beasts entrapped should be free from harm?" It was an almost chilling question, one which implied that the labyrinth could not only occupy those creatures, but perhaps inflict pain and torment as well.
Dulcie

Postby Glenn » Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 am

"Oh, Stefan." The smile of an old friend, a fast friend, a co-conspirator, but also somehow impatient, harrowed. He had lingered overlong and there was so much to do, especially now that he had received everything he had come here for and more."Of course. Despite what I said, Impossible not in the construction, not in the design, not in the execution, though your skill and resources will be more than welcome. No, no. Impossible in the ..." He raised his hands, outstretched, palms up, as if this explained everything. "abstract." A little laugh went along with that word. "We reach for greatness, for something that has never been done, never even been imagined here, a creation of daring and audacity, but one that will be for the benefit of our people." And that would quiet the raging spirits inside of him.

"Part of that will be making sure they know that." Hearts and minds. The Myrken people, superstitious, beleaguered, tormented by the weight of decades, longer. "And part of THAT, Stefan is doing things right. No, I think there should be safeguards to prevent escape, towards the entrances, but in general, a design of this magnitude is more than enough. We needen't.. enhance it in such ways." If for no other reason, cost was ever an issue.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Dulcie » Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh to be spoken to like a child in that manner. The things that the Councilor had seen and the ways that he could define impossibilty, though if his blood was boiling beneath the surface none of it would show upon his actor's mask, his lips curled into that same mirror of a co-conspirator smile, nodding his head and offering Glenn an expression that offered that sudden awareness and understanding, as if all had indeed been explained to him.

"Oh, yes but of course. Certainly no one has thought of such a plan before, and I agree, it will most certainly rest the weight upon your mind and spirit. It often does with great men. Did you know that? With greatness of leadership always comes the plague of managing that great weight of responsibility. A weight I'm most happy to aid you with my Governor."

He'd listen carefully to the specifications, his mind seeming to wander for a moment, his eyes looking elsewhere. "Yes, certainly safeguards, of course. I will make use of my creativity for the labyrinth then." He'd nod a little, his attention returning and he would look back at the Governor. "I'm eternally humbled that you would chose to come to me over such a matter Governor Burnie."
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Downtown Myrkentown