The Questioners. A new start

The Questioners. A new start

Postby BetaFlame » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am

Aleksei had started to gather them. Glenn's five would make a good start, and he had out put feelers for more people interest. People with skilled brains, and skilled bodies. Brains would be the part he really focused on. They were not a militant group, they were an investigation group. Find, identify and solve.

Already he had began teaching the initial group. How to identify, how to react when faced with these threats. Aleksei was no mage, but he could imitate one fairly easily, and a stuffed sock could serve as a 'spell'. Dodge and duck. Get behind cover.

Then there were the lessons. How to identify mental tampering. Looking for jumps in a persons memory. Magic was not perfect, it left behind traces - things that could be picked out and identified. A taste to the air, a charge to the energy in the area. It was long, and difficult. And mandatory. The classes were open to anyone that wanted to attend (that worked for Glenn), but his group? They were required.

Today, however, was the first day. And he was introducing himself to the group before him.

"Most of you have seen me around town. At least five of you have been given a briefing on me by Glenn," a smile for the five constables, then "my name is Aleksei River. I specialize in dealing with magical problems. I have my own way of solving these, but I am just one person. I am going to teach you how to rely ont he skills you already have and apply them to avoid what magic can do to you."

He moves around to sit on the edge of the table, blue eyes surveying the lot of them, "But more than that, I am going to empower you. With knowledge. The knowledge to identify magic, to know what it can do. If you have knowledge, there is no reasont o have fear. I will teach you how to avoid spells that will damage your body, and how to foil spells that will control your mind. I will teach you how to capture and neutralize various sorts of magical creatures."

Then he is stand again, and looking around slowly. There is a warning to his voice now, "That is not to say I will teach you how to defeat every type of magic everytime. Sometimes the correct course of action is running away. So more than anything, I hope to teach you the wisdom to use this knowledge correctly."

He settles against the table again and gives that easy smile to them all. "So today, we become Questioners. Not because our job is to put people the othe question, but because our job is to question the natural assumptions we have been making about everything. Shall we begin?"
BetaFlame

Re: The Questioners. A new start

Postby Tolleson » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

Arriving neither early or late, aside from his brilliant red hair and tall frame he blended in with the meager crowd quite well. He looked the part, uniform aside. Some muscle and some skill, it was only a matter of moral alignment. The part Glenn was likely most concerned about, all-the-same, his blessing had been given.

Behind crossed arms he listened, leaned if he could, and was otherwise unmoving. Not a nod of understanding, nor a smile at the bits mentioning running away.

Once Aleksei has concluded his statement the dishwasher, the criminal, the red-haired-twin of another of Glenn's Inquisitors, Tennant, would break his stoic stance and smile. A slight, polite and friendly expression for someone not quite a friend, but certainly familiar.

Pressing off from where he stood, he approached Aleksei and held his hand out. A peculiar gesture given the others around, "Indeed... and may I say, it is an honor." To serve? To learn? To finally and properly meet Aleksei River? Regardless of why, the compliment certainly sounded genuine. The sort of requisite symbol of an official introduction, though Aleksei has just introduced himself and there could hardly be an employee of Glenn's that did not know, at the very least, Tennant's name. However, he would make no special mention of Glenn's requests or the fact that he was to be more-or-less, Aleksei's page.
Tolleson

Return to Downtown Myrkentown