Strange Entertainments

Strange Entertainments

Postby Rattrap » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:37 am

In the market place of Myrken Wood, most people simply go about their mundane business the same as they did the day before, and the day before that, and so on. Some seek ways out of the monotone lifestyle, while others...they simply wallow in it, either uncaring or lacking the will to escape it. It wasn't a bad way to live, it was just a little boring on the scale of things. But today - today had in store something a little different for the general public.

It started out as a horrer picture. In one of the busier intersection, a zombie stalked into the open. None had seen the walking corpse approach, but there it was anyway - woman and children shrieked, as did some men, while the remaining grabbed whatever weapons happened to be at a quick reach and rushed towards the monster, which had, naturally, quite the berth around it. Nobody wanted to stand next to an evil thing, after all.

What stopped the various armed men (and women, mind you) from simply chopping the sack of decay into a fine powder was the zombie's own doing - it plucked its head off and held it out at arm's length. Then, it spoke.

"Greetings, folks of Myrken Wood! I must apologize for such a ghastly entrance, but to get your attention is for your own good, I assure you!"

At that point, the zombie melted. Steam rose off it in thick clouds, blown away a moment later by the weak winds that always patroled the lands.

Standing in the zombie's place was quite the short character - a gnome, in fact. He stood scarcely taller than a halfling would. Dressed in a extravagant purple robe and many gleaming jewels of various assortments, the gnome's profession apparently made him wealthy. Twinkling green eyes seemingly calmed the crowd done from the zombie experience.

"I am Dimitri the Illusionist, at your service. I have come to entertain; I have come to teach you kind folks that things are not always the way they seem!"

For the next couple of hours, the townsfolk of Myrken Wood watch the gnome perform various tranformations and acts that defied all the natural laws of the realm they had grown up with.
Rattrap

Return to Downtown Myrkentown