To be a man

To be a man

Postby Galacia Tarin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:50 am

She reclined on the large pile of silk pillows that served as her bed more often than not. For him, she dressed rather modestly, a simple gown of crimson silk which dusted her ankles. Her fingers toyed with the onyx pendant before she reached down to brush brown hair from his forehead.
He slept on the pillows beside her, though his form had not been there moments before. Elliot Brown rested quietly, even as a long talon brushed over his cheek.

"Elliot. Elliot wake up my young Prince."

The smile was apparent in her voice, even as it blossomed on her features. There was a fondness in both her speech and her touch. A single obsidian talon tapped on the pendant, making a slight clicking sound of glass against glass.

He was changing, growing. The world is never what we believe it to be when we are young and our hearts are full of hope. Reality has a way of waking us up with crushing truth just as we think we have all the answers. It seemed Elliot was on the verge of waking to those realities. She would be there, to soften some of the pain that would come with those changes. Growth is never trully without pain. Then again, pain was not always undesirable.

"Elliot. Come to me, we have so much to talk about."
Galacia Tarin

Re: To be a man

Postby Glenn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 pm

It was as comfortable as anything he had ever found himself on. Was that a surprise though? A farmboy. Hay and straw. A squire. Bedrolls on a ground. A hedge squire, at best. The warm ground in summer. Even now, when he could afford nice things, a nice bed seemed far too stationary.He had to be able to move quickly. And if he hadn't? Well, what bed could compare to hers?

Come to her, she said. My prince, she said. "Galacia," No my ladies here. In the real world things were more blurred. Here, though? Here in this dreamscape, in this surreal environment that seemed perfectly normal, things were more familiar. ''

Come to her. He could step off the bed but he didn't want to.

He was growing, but he was growing in multiple directions and without the control he so desperately sought. Most of all, he was growing towards a path of her affiliation, something she would approve of even if others, Gloria, Nova, Cherny, might not.

Come to her.

So he did. The ring was removed, and as it was, his clothes shifted as only they could in a dream. No longer was he wearing what he slept in, or his usual dark colors of his trade. Not even his favorite hood. No, now his clothes were of a fine crimson to match her own.

Come to her. "Of course." And so he did.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 am

It was apparent that she appreciated the change. She sat forward, looking him over with a dazzling smile, a finger turning in the air, bidding him to turn and show her this new look.

"Crimson suits you, Elliot. A bold choice. Now you will be my Crimson Prince, hmm?"

She patted the pillows next to her, her outstretched hand now holding a glass of wine. There were chocolates on the pillow next to his. She spoiled him here. She enjoyed spoiling him, because he enjoyed it. He appreciated it. A rare thing, in her experience.

"When last I saw you there seemed to be some changes occurring in your life, Elliot. Why don't you tell me about what has changed. What has happened to force your shift in reason and drive. I want to know what it is that I have missed. And I want to know who it is that you used my blade on. I felt it, you know. When you cut it. When it screamed."

There was an almost serene smile on her lips now, as she settled her back against the cold stone wall, her long legs kicked out on the pillow in front of her. She canted her head slightly, watching him in his colorful clothes, his spine straighter, his demeanor stronger. Her fingers moved to toy with the pendant, and he might feel her hand upon his chest, where her own pendant rested. There was a connection. One she could easily deepen on her own, but she did not. This was for Elliot to choose. This was his move in the game, and it was an important one. She would not force his hand.

"Tell me the story, Elliot. The story of how the little rogue became my Crimson Prince."
"I didn't really love you baby
I didn't really love you
I didn't really love you
But I'm pretty when I lie"
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Galacia did something that was amazing in Myrken, even for someone who spent so much of his time with Niall or Nova. As he turned or her, she stated things that were otherwise evident. She stated something that had just happened. It was dreamlike in its own way, to hear of something that was before his eyes. His clothes had changed. He'd barely noticed. It'd seemed the most natural thing in the world until she pointed it out. As she did, his skin turned crimson to match.

Elliot recovered quickly. There was a bombast to her that he didn't expect. "You're queenly, Galacia. You are." There was an unspoken but. He could be many things, a troublemaker, and rogue with a clever lizard-brain and a stubborn and brave friend or foe. A prince though? It was enough to make him drunk on the concept. He reeled under it, blinking. Really, there was only one thing to do. He went where she bade. He ate a chocolate (and that was a rare thing for Elliot, a rare thing indeed), and he drank of her wine. He enjoyed being spoiled because he had grown up with so little, yes, but only due to the fact he had earned it through his daring and cheek.

Tell me a story.

A story about him throwing a rock, about him getting potions tossed upon him, about him being scared and threatening Raia's life. Of Endymion moving to protect her and of him slashing at the creature to reveal his true form. All that. Here? To her? There were limits to Elliot. "I'm no Prince, no," then, something almost pulled at him as he felt her hand in a way that should have been impossible. "not yet, but you've given the means to fight back, Galacia. I've honed the skill and you've given then teeth," fangs? No claws. She'd given them a talon. "I was.. insulted and put in some danger, so I.. I answered. Then, something answered and I was forced to strike out. It underestimated me for being human. Endymion. Apparently he's a demon or a god in human form. Something like that. It revealed him for what he was." He could have lied more fully, could have painted a different picture but there was honesty there. "It's.. like I said, Galacia," his voice suddenly softened even as he placed his freehand upon the onyx triangle around his neck. "Power."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Downtown Myrkentown