Noire

Re: Noire

Postby Dulcie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:02 pm

"I suppose I should take billowy as a compliment. Or maybe the fact that I almost make you pass out." She got off the bed with the audible sound of silk swishing across silk before the gentle thump of her feet touching the floor was heard. She made sure the robe was pulled tightly enough around her waist that everything was decent.

"Really Seasons, you're being ridiculous. I'm perfectly decent." She paused for a moment then as if thinking about something. "You know, I think this is the first time I've tried to convince a man to look at me. It's really a little discouraging now that I'm thinking about it."

She placed her hands on her hips then and just waited. "You know we can't work out the details of this little investigation until you start talking and stop muttering."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 am

"You could make me pass out with the wrong look... or the right one." He harrumphed and muttered under his breath before finally taking her word and turning about to face her again, eyes looking up towards the ceiling with little subtlety as he turned. He wasn't going to look directly at her until he could tell through his peripheral vision that she wasn't setting him up for another ploy.

Satisfied, he turned his eyes down to her and cocked an eyebrow in her direction. "Why? Consider it a different experience getting a few more manners than you're used to. Or you're just too pretty to look at, if it makes you feel better." Neither were lies, he couldn't really manage those at the moment, but there was a touch of teasing to the comments.

"And I'm not muttering. What other details do we need? We can just improvise the rest as we need to." That's what he usually did, anyways. Plan the key necessities, the exit strategy, etc. Worry about the story as he went.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:47 pm

"You know sometimes I really wonder what you think about my work. People treat me with manners all the time. If they didn't they'd never get to visit me again. I'm very picky about my clients." She grinned and looked at him again. "You're really lucky I put up with you, the way you tease me, it's a good thing I'm not easily offended."

She walked over towards him then and moved to offer him a good night hug. "Well if we're all settled on details then you should let me get some beauty sleep. I have a party dress to plan for after all. Come pick me up before the party? I'll be ready to boss you around."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

"I don't think about your work, really. At least not when it isn't necessary. My brain can't process too much at once." She grinned, he managed more of a smirk. "What makes you think I'm teasing you? I can't tell lies, remember? Everything I've said to you has been technically true tonight."

She gave him a hug, he wasn't really certain how to consider that, or consider the fact she wasn't wearing much more than some silk held on by defiance of gravity more than any actual physics. He returned the gesture awkwardly, not really sure where to put his hands and resisting the urge to just pat her on the head in hopes of it being the safest bet. "You're always ready to boss me around. I'll be back with bells on, then. When do you want me here... actually here and not the woman's be here now and wait for an hour?"
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:57 pm

"Ohh you take all the fun out of it when you ask for the actual time. I had looked forward to making you wait." She grinned at him and then let him go from her embrace.

"Why don't you come an hour before the party starts? Then by the time we get there we'll be fashionably late. You should probably arrange for a carriage as well. A nice one. I need to look the part you know."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm

"You're always making me wait, you won't be losing anything by not for once." She released him from her insidious little hug trap thing and he adjusted his coat while muttering under a clearing of his throat. Did he smell like a girl now? That would ruin his whole image if he didn't go roll in sawdust later to be safe.

"A carriage?" He groaned at the blow that would deal to his profit for this, but what was he to do. It also reminded him of something he hadn't remembered to bring up. "I need you to hire me to be your manservant."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 pm

"Hire you? Why should I hire you? I thought we were just going to pretend everything, there's no point in me actually hiring you. I'm doing my share by putting on a decent dress that -shouldn't- make you faint."

She crossed her arms back over her chest again as she watched him. "I'm the one doing you a favor remember? And yes, I want a carriage, a nice big grand one. My manservant would bring it around for me of course."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:02 pm

"Because someone gave me a little fairy trinket that means I can't lie. And what happens when someone asks me who I work for?" Muttering about the fact most of her dresses could probably make him faint just by the way she wears them.

He pantomimed her posture and raised an eyebrow as high as he could. "I didn't say how much or how you had to pay me. Give me a copper for all I care, but I need to be gainfully employed and then you'll get the biggest carriage I can find and somehow manage to steer." A glance over her posture and he decided he couldn't sell the hip jutting out thing nearly as well as she did. Damn.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm

"You say that as if I knew that it was a fairy trinket. I'm surprised you haven't solved that problem yet. Aren't there people with the kind of talents that could make all of that go away?"

She watched his body language and grinned a little. "Careful, you keep looking like that and I could round you up a customer or too. You would look fetching in a dress. Maybe a little rouge right there." She reached out to try to pinch his cheeks playfully.

"I could pay you in kisses." Her tone was teasing and the look on her face gave him a pretty good clue that she wasn't actually going to kiss him. "But then if someone asked you how you were paid it would sound suspicious." She wandered over towards her vanity and pulled a small coin purse out of a drawer and fished out a silver coin that she handed to Seasons. "I'm all out of coppers. You can owe me."
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Downtown Myrkentown