Noire

Noire

Postby Suede » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 am

What's a good way to get on someone's bad side? Wake them up in the middle of the night. What's a good way to make them feel better about having to be up? Let them wake someone else up so that person can suffer as well. Though to be fair he had no way of knowing whether or not Simona would even be asleep at this hour.

She could be working.

Well, it was a risk he was going to have to take, stomping up to the Teahouse at night. He expected a show going on, people about, maybe he'd just be able to find her on the first floor as he shoved his way into the door. Despite making infrequent appearances in this room he still looked utterly out of place. Unkempt clothing, an old worn hat, and scruff on his face to go with a sour expression. He was still a bit annoyed with Simona for that damn glowing bauble she'd given him. It was a gift, true, but he'd decided she still owed him one that he was going to collect on anyways. She'd want to get in on this one, the way she always talked.

He'd pin his eyes on the nearest teahouse girl and stomp up to her with all the grace and tact of an old bull and badger her about the location of the only person in this frilly place he had the desire to speak with.
Suede

Re: Noire

Postby Dulcie » Thu May 08, 2014 5:17 am

Of course she was working. Late evening was the prime hours of employment for a teahouse girl. Simona wasn't working on the first floor however, which meant that she was upstairs in one of those little rooms that were rented out from Petronela. Clearly the girl that Seasons talked to misunderstood his intentions, but at least it seemed that Simona wasn't technically in the middle of something as the girl hurriedly guided Seasons to the exit of the teahouse and directed him to the stairs that lead to the upperstory rooms. Normally she would have called Simona down of course, but Seasons was around enough that she had made some assumptions. The girl even went so far as to knock on the door for Seasons before heading back down to the first floor to finish her shift.

The door opened then, a beam of candlelight bathing the darkness as Simona pulled it open. Perhaps if they were in a different place one could have assumed she had just been getting ready for bed, the young woman clothed in a beautiful silk robe that was patterned with the colors of a peacock, the embroidery upon it equally as extravagant as the fabric itself. Her hair was still perfectly fashioned, pinned up with loops, save for the intentionally stray curl of hair here and there. She blinked her perfectly manicured lashes a few times in surprise when she saw Seasons standing there.

"Seasons? What are you doing here this time of night?" Her expression curious as she crossed her arms over her chest, waiting on a response.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Why did everyone always give him funny looks when he came here? He didn't see them doing the same thing with the other folks meandering around. He didn't understand girls, he really didn't want to understand them either. They were scary enough when you didn't really know what they were up to. He'd trundled after the woman leading him upstairs and raise an eyebrow when she knocked on the door, staring after her in some consternation until Simona opened the door and his attention jerked back around to her. His eyes scanned over her and her state of dress, peered over her shoulder just to see if anyone else was in the room as he jammed his hands into his pockets awkwardly.

"I like the robe, you look.. uh.. nice?" Should he be complementing her over her state of dress when she was wearing what was probably a work uniform? When her arms crossed his eyes dropped to her decolletage for a moment until he caught himself and met her expression again. "I have a job, you're always going on about adventure, do you want in? I need to get some information. You might be able to help me get it. That's why I came over, I was up anyways. Thought you might be, too."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:32 am

A smile touched on her lips as she watched his embarassment. She uncrossed her arms and gave a little twirl.
"You do? It reminds me of a peacock. I always thought they were incredible creatures. Do they even have them out in this part of the world?" Her expression brightened when he mentioned adventure and she ushered him into the empty room.

Her room was about what one might expect. The colors were warm and many of the surfaces were draped with lush red, or gold colored silk. The bed was of course the central piece of furniture in the room, a grand four poster bed with incredible carvings in the post and more pillows than could be counted without an obvious effort. An armoire, a vanity and an overstuffed armchair were some of the other major items in the room. Not one item was out of place or disorganized. Clearly everything in Simona's home had a place and a purpose.

"Adventure you say? Well then come in good Sir." She said in a silly tone as she waved him in with her silk draped arm. "Information is something I'm particularly good at acquiring."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:54 am

"Don't look so pleased with yourself. You just caught me off guard." He was the one that came to her unexpected and he was caught off guard. Stupid women and their bloody teahouses. She twirled, he watched and made certain a grouchy expression was on his face just to say he wasn't. "Is a peacock like a popinjay? If so, then not really." Might actually be a fish, since she came from the coast.

Coaxing him into the room didn't take much effort, he didn't really want to be standing out in the hall that way, but getting him to relax in there might be another beast entirely. He examined the room, the ridiculous number of pillows and the trinkets scattered about. He shuffled to the vanity and picked up a random bottle, sniffing at the top. "No wonder you hate my place... this one is a lot more red."

He was deflecting a bit, now that he was here. Seasons had never been to this part of the teahouse before, particularly not this room. He wasn't certain if he was suppose to feel awkward here or not. He went with yes and tried to hide it. "There's a noble ninny named Paltrow who supposedly comes by here a lot. I wanted to know if he was hosting any gatherings soon... and I need a date so I don't look suspicious if I go." He wasn't exactly NOT looking at her, but that bottle certainly was fascinating.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:11 am

"Well red is the color of romance you know." She was angling to make him blush, just the tone of voice she used was a clear indicator that she was teasing him. She walked over to the bed nonchalantly and sat herself down on the edge, motioning to the arm chair for him. It would give him a good view of that bottle of perfume he seemed to find so interesting.

She listened to his purpose for coming to visit. She was a surprisingly good listener. Maybe it helped in her line of work.

"I've met him before. He's not one of my clients but I've seen him downstairs here and there. I think I heard that he might be throwing a summer garden party."

She paused then and gave him a grin.

"Well Seasons, it sounds like you're asking me out on a date. I'm flattered." More teasing of course, but that's how Simona operated.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 pm

"Well, and blood!" He added it hurriedly, a little too quick to throw it in though his demeanor didn't quite crack. He'd almost dropped the bottle at the mention of romance, and it was carefully set back down on the vanity before he dropped roughly into the seat she'd offered, body just mostly spread out and sunken into the cushion. "I mean, blood is in the heart. That's romantic, right?" And speaking of red and faces, was it warm in here?

"A garden party? There are garden parties? As opposed to what? Does that mean they just don't do the barn dance thing and dance around the flowers instead?" It made sense, but he didn't really think parties needed different names just based on where they were.

"I... I mean it's for work. Making you go to one of their frilly dances. You'll be bored. I'll be bored. I'm just going to make you be bored with me." He still hadn't figured out how lie thanks to the 'gift' she'd slipped him, but he'd gotten better at just not saying all of the truth.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 pm

And blood? Her eyebrows lofted for a moment as she just looked at him. Sometimes his awkwardness continued to surprise her.

"Generally I don't think about bleeding hearts when I think about romance." She paused for a beat "But your cheeks are a fair shade of it... and you seem rather intent on breaking my favorite perfume bottle." She pointed to the bottle he had been fumbling around.

"Yes, a garden party. You know, there's tea and sunlight, little sandwiches. Sometimes there's dancing in the evening under the stars. It's all quite civilized and proper. You don't see many nobles twirling around barns you know." She grinned then. "And just so you know, I happen to like frilly dances. So why don't you tell me all about why we're going to one if you're just going to be so horribly bored while we're there."

She shifted positions on the bed then, making herself comfortable by grabbing one of the pillows to prop under and arm so that she could lay on her side and still face him.

"I hope it's something very exciting and adventurous. Maybe involving swords. Are you any good with one?"
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 pm

He saw more blood than he did romance on a daily basis. Even if it was just from cut lips and black eyes. "Isn't it the bleeding hearts that pine after romance the most?" He said nothing for her comment on his cheeks and just turned a bit more red. Of course they were that color, it was hot in here and he had on that coat of his, even if it was too warm for it this time of year.

"The parties I tend to go to have ale, meat, and happen when the sun is going down if that. The barn twirling dances are more fun anyways, less time working on being snooty to get in the way of it." He eyed her over at her new spot on the bed and set his cheek on his hand, snorting. "In my opinion, your taste is questionable, but I'd still like you there to KEEP me from being bored."

"Never held a sword in w-days." He'd wanted to say in his life, but he'd nearly choked on the word, felt it blocking up and had to shift the sentence midway through. "Why? Do I need to wear one? i just need to get into the guy's house and find some sort of turn to take him down a few notches, or down completely. I've heard he's got a lot of blood on his hands, want to see if it's true. He's pressuring a few folk with bad debts, trying to steal their property legally. One of them bakes me bread, I don't appreciate it." Fellow might have had a few people knocked off as well.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:16 am

"Oh I can keep you from getting bored. That's no trouble at all." The tone was coy and playful and the little grin on her lips and the gaze at his cheeks was a clear indicator that she was trying to turn him an even more brilliant shade of crimson.

She considered the comments about swords and shook her head slightly. "They're not required. I was just sort of hoping it would involve some sort of a duel. I find them terribly fascinating. As long as no one bleeds too much, then it's just disgusting."

She looked disappointed to find out it was more of a matter of property and investigating the truth. In fact she even quieted for a moment before suddenly perking up, sitting up from the bed rather quickly.

"Wait! What if I played a role for you. Like a wealthy heiress or something, someone with property that he'd want to steal away and then you could catch him in his lies! Oh that would be exciting. You know I'm a very good actress."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:28 am

He just gave her a long, flat look. "Don't tempt me, Simona. I might just ask to see what you mean." He snorted and sunk lower into the chair, hands stuffed in his pockets and the coat pulled around his body like he was trying to cocoon himself in it. "Duels are for fools." Heh. He liked that one, he'd have to remind himself of it later. "In the real world you don't declare a challenge. You come up behind them, throw dirt in their eyes, and then hit them with something between the legs. Valor and honor don't mean much if you die because of them."

It tended to keep his bleeding to a minimum that way, for certain. "Well don't look so glum about my loss of bread. It'll work out fine." He didn't really get her fascination with the grandiose, crazy, and life threatening adventures she thought about. "And when this much money gets tossed around it's not going to be safe. These are the sort of folks that were part of the late Lady's pretty police brigade."

He hadn't planned to go into that much detail about it, that much subtlety, but what the hell. He knew enough about her to know she could trick a lot of men. He wasn't really certain what she was up to most the of time. "If you want to come up with some crazy back stories, feel free. Not sure if you can pull off the act, though."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:56 pm

"You're ruining my understanding of these things Seasons, really. I don't think dirt and kicking is very exciting at all. You're beginning to make me think that all the stories I've heard about noble duels were lies."

She couldn't help but to grin at his little cocooned self in her chair and she slid off the bed (literally slid because that's about all that silk upon silk can do) and made her way over towards him, offering her hands out to him as if to assist him in getting up from the chair. "You look so uncomfortable it's killing me. If I'm going to be your date to a garden party you could at least pretend like you feel comfortable with me on your arm. Now then, what sort of role do you think I should play? I could be brazenly outgoing about a great inheritance, or maybe I could be a shy little miser... oh this will be such fun!"
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 pm

"The only ones telling those stories have never had someone swinging a sharp object at them. The first time someone tries to take your arm off or stick you like a pig you'll just think it's terrifying. And then you'll be as sane as I am."

For a minute he just stared at her after her slide over to him, debating if he should refuse her offer because he was more comfortable than he looked. With a grunt he took one of her hands and stood entirely on his own. "You know I'm fine with you hanging onto me. Do it as much as you like, really. But I don't think you have a chance at playing someone shy."
Suede

Postby Suede » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm

<Simona> "It's a good thing you aren't a bard. Too much honesty doesn't do you any favors when it comes to impressing women you know." Not that he was trying to impress her, but still. "Well then now is as good a time as any to practice don't you think?" She moved to loop her arm in his, gazing up at him with obviously fake doe eyes. "What do you mean I can't play shy? Why I can barely muster the courage to speak with you good Sir."

<@Suede> "I don't need to woo any women. I can get them to fawn all over me whenever I want to... I just never want to." His lips turned down into a rather large frown, one of his hands rubbing at one unshaven cheek while she clung to the other arm. "Practice what?" He leaned down a bit to be level with her face and raised an eyebrow at her. "No really. You're sweet, but you can't pull that one off at all. You better just stop before you strain an eye."

<Simona> "And why don't you want to woo any women hmm? We aren't that horrible of creatures are we?" She sighed in mock disappointment at his rejection of her shy persona. "Well fine then. You pick who I should pretend to be. You're the one who is trying to catch the criminal anyhow. How best can I help?" She did however keep his arm looped with hers. No point in letting go now.

<@Suede> "Temptresses of death and doom. Why, if I let my guard down just now you'd likely suck my soul or brains out here and now." She sighed, he rolled his eyes and straightened up, faintly testing her grip on his arm but making no real effort to escape the deadly grasp she had him in. "The best act is one that isn't too far off the norm. So be a firm, exotic, confident woman. Opinionated and not afraid to show it. I like the idea of being opinionated about your new wealth." And Seasons? He glanced down at himself, at his very worn boots and wrinkled clothing and shrugged. "I'll dress up as your manservant or guard. Nobles have those usually."

<Simona> She almost opened her mouth to make a joke about what she could do if he let his guard down, and then thought better of it. There were limits to torturing Seasons after all. Instead she just ignored it. "I can be a firm, exotic, confident woman. So where do you think I got my wealth from? And what sort of opinions should I have about it?" She brightened then. "Well that I'll definitely enjoy manservant. I can send you off to go fetch me things and that will give you an excuse to go hunting for your evidence!"

<@Suede> "Because you are one. That's the point." He might be disappointed that she didn't take the opportunity to make her joke. He could tell by the look in her eye she had something devious floating back there. "Fishing fleet? Ships off some coastal town. Everyone around here is from Myrken or the south, they barely know what fish are. You can make up just as much as you really know, and they'll probably not know any better." With her still stuck to his arm he did a little mock bow towards her and mixed in a lazy salute just to really oversell it. "At your beck and call, ma'am. And exactly, you make a spectacle of attention so I can wander around." He looked her silk robe up and down and came to a concerning realization. "I'm going to have to take you shopping. For something that'll fit the role... no offense, but a lot of your dressier things might be a touch too revealing."

<Simona> "Oh I do believe I gained my wealth by owning a fleet of ships. Merchant vessals, fishing boats and the like." She relieased him then and frowned, putting her hands on her hips. "What are you trying to say? Really do you think that everything I own is revealing? I can dress the part. I can be wealthy AND modest. Well, at least modest enough to fit the role, but there has to be a little bit exposed to garner attention, don't you think?"

<@Suede> He stepped back, hands on her hips while his went up to the side of his head. "I'm just saying everything I've seen you in has been one or the other. Which fits because those are the situations you tend to want to dress for. I don't exactly have clothing for things I don't need to dress up for. I may own servants clothing from a previous job, though." Hands still up defensively he grinned anyways at her touch of irritation. "It is a bit tough to picture you modest with that robe on, though. But you're also the one that knows about wiles, you be as exposed as you think you need to."

<Simona> "Well just because you see me when I'm working doesn't mean that I don't own other kinds of clothing. I might just own a dress from a previous job." She gave him another look that was quite convincing, making her look rather offended until she just couldn't take it any more and broke out in a grin. It was difficult to offend Simona, especially on the topic of modesty. "I'll surprise you. I can play the part."

<@Suede> "I've seen you when you're not working too. You didn't go for the over-the-top noblewoman appearance." When she grinned he had the sudden urge to shove her back towards the bed in bemused frustration. So he went with it and did. "Stop making me think I shoved my foot in my mouth. It's your fault I can't control what I say." He glanced around the room and it's nearly ostentatious amount of red, rolling a shoulder and fighting a smirk. "You probably will surprise me, I don't believe it."

<Simona> "I didn't have any reason to dress like a noble woman. Those other outfits were intended to make you feel more comfortable. Obviously dressing like a noble wouldn't do that." She blinked when he shoved her, clearly surprised and hit the bed with a nice soft thump. It made Simona laugh. "You know Seasons, if I didn't know better I would think you were up to something else." She watched him then, waiting for him to blush.

<@Suede> The moment she started speaking she got what she wanted, his face turning as red as her room as he slapped a hand over his eyes. "I.. what? No! I wouldn't try to... I mean, not that it was a bad thing... but I mean that wouldn't be appropriate... I'm not crash around pretty women!" He had to stop himself from yelling out the last bit as he turned around quickly to stare at the wall.

<Simona> She laughed then, in fact she had to clap a hand over her mouth to stop from laughing too loudly. The rooms were fairly well sound proofed, but still. "My point exactly! This is exactly why I need to be concerned for your comfort." She managed to control her laughter then, getting it down to a little giggle and a grin. "Okay, okay you can look now. It's your fault for throwing me on the bed though."
Suede

Postby Suede » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:27 pm

He was rubbing his face with both hands, palms digging deep into the sockets as he tried to face the blood back out of his face and the embarrassment from his expression. "I think you're going a little too far with the assumptions about my comfort. There's a difference between what you wear around town and what you wear here. I don't nearly pass out every time I see you in a dress."

He harumphed softly and didn't turn back around despite her assurances. The laughter was fairly obvious and he could still hear the mirth on her voice, which was keeping him embarrassed enough he'd rather stare at her armoire than go right back to where he started. "It's your fault for being billowy." Muttered around her giggling.
Suede

Next

Return to Downtown Myrkentown