Nelicquele Winery

Nelicquele Winery

Postby Sherazade » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:57 am

The canopy of spiders had hit this small winery hard, grapes withered died on the vines. Illness had already stolen her brother and now a sickeness of the mind had taken her father as well. But for the moment Charliegh knew nothing of this.

Feet pressed against the corpse littered ground , holes were appearing in the canopy, this years crop was gone but there was hope for next years. a smile curved lips that had for too long had no reason to find joy. That would plesae her father, lift his spirits. Fingers gathered her skirts into her hands and she began to run , she had to tell him had to let him know there was hope.

She knew something was wrong when she saw the door to the winery swinging aimlessly in the wind, Her father never left the door like that. "father" she called out as she slipped inside, but there was no answer. Amongst the vats and barrels she moved searching for him, but there was nothing. "what is that smell" the words fell from her lips as a foul stench tickled her nostrils. It smelt kind of like an unclean stable but there was something else a scent beneath that which was growing stronger. It was then she heard the sound, the creaking and saw the shadow moving back and forth across the floor. Gaze drifted upward and a scream of terror of grief tore from her throat "Father!!"

Up the steps to the balcony she flew "please dont be dead" the words fell over and over from her lips in a useless prayer for she knew, felt deep within herself it was alreayd far to late for prayers. She reached out grabbed a cold clammy hand of the swinging winemaker "I'm sorry i left you daddy" She sank to her knees that hand pressed against her forehead.

She was still there later when the workhands found her and
made her come away, when they cut her father down question was now what were they to do, with no other children Charliegh now owned the winery, would she keep it carry on or seek a buyer to banish the dark ghosts the meories this place would hold for her.

many futures can be changed, held in the balance by a single persons deed.
Sherazade

Taking Control

Postby Sherazade » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:17 pm

The door to the winery was open and kept from blowing about by a chain round its handle and a hook in the wall. All windows where thrown open as well, in an attempt to allievate the sweltering heat, being generated by the fires under several of the brewing vats. Hands on her hips, she felt the trickle of sweat down her back the sticky cling of damp tendrils clinging to her face and neck as she stood looking at those there to help her. "we are doing this we have no choice they have not paid up they broke their contracts I can take those barrels we are holding for them this year and do as I please with them, " she was almost ready to stamp her foot in pure fustration but she held the urge in check. "now get those barrels up here and dont forget the honey spirit my brother created"

"m'lady " one man ventured "what do you plan on doing with that spirit" at this charliegh found a smirk curving her lips, "we are going to make a port with a difference something unique to us so we can once again take pride in our winery now get moving " her gaze sparkled with the glint of sudden mischief "before I call Gertie out here" there was a an immediate change in the men, they were moving to follow orders each set upon the course of thier task, all knew the ladies governess, and all preferred to deal with the lady for Gertie had a reputation for cracking heads if a person moved too slow.

when they were gone Charliegh sighed and found her gaze wandering up to the rafter she had found her father swinging from, suddenly the heat, the memories were too much and turning on her heel she darted outside and fell to her knees beside the small stream hands splashed cool water on her face her neck and whispered words fell from her lips "oh father I pray I'm doing the right thing" lashes drifted down over her gaze hands clasped themselves in her lap "I will not sell, I can not without putting up a fight to kept it" Vehmently spoken where those words into the quiet body rising from the ground as she heard them moving inside the winery once more. It was time to return to work, memories or no.
Sherazade

I Will Not be Silenced

Postby Sherazade » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:56 am

"this will teach you to be quiet to hold your tongue"

The words lashed Charlieghs mind tormented her every waking thought and her dreams. She could not make them quiet. Third time had not been the charm with Kranston . Fingers pressed to her temples tried to press the images from her mind. His sweating face, the press of him against her. The pain, the pounding that had seemed to go on forever. She wimpered and pressed her face into her palms, rocking on the stool before her dresser . It had happened over a week ago now and yet she still ached still felt bruised battered torn. She had not ventured out either all her time had been spent in the house the garden or the winery always within sight of someone. He had turned her into a frightened shadow of herself , meek compliant just like he had threatened.

Hands fell away from her face then and the rocking stopped defiance glittered in mulberry depths "your not winning Kranston not now not ever lets see how you deal with this"
Hands picked up her brush and she began to tame her tresses, she would get dressed she would go out and she would find someone in authority to tell what he had done . It all sounded good sounded easy in thought in the planning but would it really be that way

That which does not kill me makes me stronger
Sherazade

Crime and Punishment....

Postby Khalika » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:45 am

The night was in its first awakenings..the sun still lingering, painting the sky with a pallete of colors...and somewhere in Mryken town a man named Elias Kranston left his residence leaving a frightened Niece in his wake. One who wasGlad he sought the company of others this night.. If only to give her a few hours of peace. Little does he know that as he departs he is observed... Watched like unknowning Prey, his stalker had found his home earlier in the day...Had linger outdoors, like a shadow. Waiting for him to make his exit... Followed him to one of the more seedy taverns within town rather then the more popular Broken Dagger...

An hour passed, Ales consumed when he took note of a women across the room, tall Exotic in look... Her hair wrapped and hidden in a vibrant coil of sunburst orange Fabric... Her dress a swathling of ebony, that allows curves to be seen... a Shawl of matching orange hangs over covering one arm.... Oh he wants her... Has not seen anything to match her. Soon he stands and is stumbling over to greet her with stale ale breath...

"Baby...Let me make your night memorable..."

His words slur and spitdle hangs in the corner of his mouth...But she only smiles....rich features pulling him in with ease, as she leans close to whisper her responce...

"Oh...I have no doubt it shall be...But not here...too many eyes..."

With that a hand lifts to drift across the side of his face.. Beckoning him towards the door... He follows with that letcherous glint in his eyes... follows her as she pulls him through alleyways and out of town...never occuring that she was pulling him away from eyesight and earshot...Hands roam, yet she seems not to mind. When they are secluded, alone, surrounded by nothing but forrestry...she turns to him with that same come hither smile...

'You like women...don't you Elias?"

Arms lifting to wrap about his form, as she pulled him in close... He could only nod...as lips find her neck...it never occured to him that he never gave him her name..Perhaps his ego found explanation for this....

But while they lingered in such an embrace, her arms around his neck. The bare arm, slipping past the silk coverings of the other, pulling out the ivory hilted dagger hidden there... It once belonged to one like him... One who thought women were for the taking... To be violated at his whim...

"You like to hurt them?..."

Her words turned suddenly from honey suckel, to acidic and sour...Dark and deadly... There was no responce to her querries..for before he could find once..that jagged edged dagger found his gut...slide across from one side to the other, With Furry and rage. He dropped to his knees, arms holding in his insides as the blood flowed freely....Looking up to the women, eyes pleeding for explanation as to why she would take his life. But there was nothing but a smile and a boot to his face sending him to the ground full.... Then a knee to his shoulder as she leaned over him...

No they have never meet before... most of her victims did not know her face. She was vengence, it flowed through her with as much ease as the blood flowed from him. She would stands where others should not...for those who have never expereinced murder, never should. At that is what brings her. For what is another face mixed within?...It is not much in her mind.

"A kana mukav tut le Devlesa..."

The words falling in her native tongue, as the blood dripping blade lifts and slashes open his throat..splashing blood upon her face...and then there is only darkness for him, his eyes empty, his life is over.. Justice and vengence served....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fire rages, high and furious...and the Gypsy stands before it... watching as the body of a deadman burns to ash...along with it the garb she doned earlier... The dagger cleaned, the blood washed away....It is doubtful any will look for him. And if they do they will find nothing..No body...no evidence, he simply went out one night and never returned....

His estate if not willed to his niece will be purchased by an unknown buyer and then transfered over into her name... Her Guardianship, if not already seen to will also be done so through this unknown benifactor... to be sure she is placed with a caring family. One thing is certain though...The girl and another, will never again fear of him again...will never again worry upon meeting this man, and an unborn child will hopefully never know of the crimes its father commited.

And the Gypsy?....places another face against all the others..
Khalika

Only Loosely Related

Postby Zorana » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:37 pm

"Monsieur, have you heard of of a Madame, or perhaps it is Madamoiselle Charleigh's winery? I have heard that it is not especially large, but that she presses very fine grapes?" The pale sunlight of early spring gleamed in delicate curls the color of champagne. Whisps of the fine, pale blonde stuff wafted over pretty eyes of pale green.

The merchant cleared his throat, stifling his disappointment that the very well dressed woman was not there to purchase anything from him. The merchant's wife silently admired the almost-white brocade of the woman's heavy overskirt, and the filmy creme silk underskirts that were visible through many slits. She silently ooh'ed over the bodice of lush, winter-pale velvet, embroidered with delicate, slightly golden fleur-de-lis, and the sleeves of creme silk that ruffled over the woman's wrists.

"Aye, I know of it," the merchant said, glumly. "Take that road, there, and follow it out of town a ways. The winery's on the end of the left fork. It shant take you long to find it."

"Marvelous, monsieur. Merci!" She beamed a smile at him, a guileless smile. "Also, monsieur, could you show me the very pretty pearl eardrops you have in that little cabinet? I believe they would match my gown very well."

The merchant relaxed, and smiled much more jovially. He nudged his wife towards the little cabinet the woman had spoken of, and while the eardrops were retrieved, he said, "They are the finest quality, imported from the coast of Thessilane. They are set in a very pale gold, and would set of your hair very nicely."

"Indeed," said his sweet-voiced wife. "Pearls are always very elegant."

With a smile, the woman reached out for the tiny little box. "If I may?" she asked, before she took it. She lifted one, and held it up to her ear, peering at herself in a small mirror that the merchant's wife held up for her. "It matches my necklace, also," she said, pleased. "I would love to buy the pair."

The merchant, surprised at the easy sale, immediately rattled off the price. When she smiled, and pulled exactly the amount he had quoted from the tiny brocade pouch she carried, he blinked again in amazement. She hadn't even haggled. "Thank you, damisela! I am very pleased to be of service to you! If there is anything else that we might help you with, you have but to ask!"

"There is not, mais merci." She paused. "Thank you. And monsieur? My name is Cosette, for your little record book." She gestured to the tiny leatherbound book that the merchant's wife was already recording the sale in.

"What lands are you lady of, damisela?" the merchant's wife asked, politely, assuming that Cosette must be a noblewoman.

She blushed slightly. "I am the Comtesse d'Aubergine."

The merchant's eyes widened slightly. "Aubergine.. the makers of the finest Chianti in Trae Kelsa?"

She blushed again. "Oui, monsieur. Merci beaucoup. It was a pleasure doing business with you." She quickly waved a hand gloved in delicate lace, and turned to glide elegantly from the little jewelry shop, with the tiny box that held the earbobs in her hand.

She relaxed once she was out of the shop. Homesickness had almost overcome her when the merchant's wife had asked her for the name of her lands. She closed her eyes, and stood for a moment before the merchant's shop, surrounded by the smells and sounds of the little town. "Oh, how I miss the sea," she whispered sadly to herself.

She blinked away tears, and squared her shoulders. With the help of a young man, she mounted her pretty white mare, and rode off towards the winery. She left a blushing young man (one silver piece wealthier) behind her, when she left.

On the ride, she sang sea shanties quietly to herself.
Did you ever wonder what happens when there's dirt on the "Bat Signal?" It wouldn't even look like a bat anymore. Maybe they'd accidentally summon a superhero named "Misshapen Blob Man." I bet he weighs 900 lbs. and comes in the "Misshapen Blobmobile." And the cops go, "Aaah! Clean the lens!" And his theme could be the Batman song at about 10 R.P.M.

Shameless Art Promotion Starts Here.
Zorana

The Sending of a Message

Postby Sherazade » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:26 am

OOC......
Before I begin the actual post I thought it perhaps prudent to give a short historical timeline of Charlieghs life and a few details on how she related to several members of her family.

Her mother died when she was 14 that was ten years ago makes her 24 now. Her brother died when she was 22. And her father hung himself during audies icky spider blanket.

Charliegh and her brother Chase were close, infact Charleigh nursed him while he was ill and was at his beside when he died. She was always able to con him into telling her stories and stealing her cookies from the ktichen *g*
He was about 4 or 5 years older so basically she was her brothers little princess and She his constant shadow from the time she could walk. Most of the time he'd do anything for her so it stung when he died.

When their mother died the father was well he looked after them but he was emotionally withdrawn from Charliegh. It got worse when she began to look more and more like her mother and in fact those fences only started to mend after the brother died so in some ways she feels cheated by him killing himself for they could have gotten closer.

And then because I was bored and felt I could be nasty to her yet again she got raped by one Elias Kranston (Now deceased) fell pregant from it she is due the end of april to have the baby

Now for the post itself *g*.................

Slender fingers rose tucking a skien of chocolate and ebony back behind her ear, mulberry depths shadowed by thought as she reached for her quill. Alastryne was right she should jus stop dancing around the issue and send the message.
Quill scratched across parchment flowing lines of ink marking the page and each time the quill lifted it was only to reink itself and return to work, work guided by a slender hand.

Lord Harrowfield I know its been sometime since you have heard anything from anyone in my family. but I know you can not be unaware of the trouble that has plagued us in recent years. I promise this will be rectified in time. It is shameful to me that two famlies once so close have allowed themselves to become distant, fall out of touch. And yet the purpose of this message is to enquire after the whereabouts of your son Bran. If it pleases you a prompt answer with the return of the messanger would be greatly appreicated

Once she ahd started writting the words had come easly for Charliegh, fingers flexed eased the cramp from their slender lengths and she signed her name.

Lady Charliegh Nelicquele

Quill was now set to rest in its stand and a hand fell to her stomach, fingers rubbing soothingly of late her babe had been so disturbed for it was outgrowing its prison, and feeling Charlieghs stress. "patience little one things will be alright I promise" She murmured as she blew gently on the parchment to dry the ink.

Once she knew the ink would not be smeared she would rise rolled sheaf tied with a simple ribbon and go to find someone willing to deliver her message. then she would spend some time in her garden........
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

Later the same day

Postby Sherazade » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:52 am

Even after the winter the winery was still beautiful indeed it had survived far worse. Men and women toiled in the fields amongst the vines, doing what needed to be done to prepare for the coming season. Ice no longer dominated the the small river that cut through this place gathered up by the blades of the wheel attached to the winery itself only to be dropped back within. The pool here most handy for chilling wine on a hot summers day.

From the river a shrub lined path wound its way psat the winery towards a house, ivy vines crawling over an ironwrought gate that lead into the gardens . Wild roses winding themselves into the hedrow in which the gate was set offering privacy to those beyond it.

This afternoon found Charleigh sitting in a comfortable chair just outside the winery door. needle point resting almost forgotten in her lap for the needle slide less and less frequently between the threads of the linen sheet. Tresses of ebon and chocolate hue were caught at the nape of her neck by a wide maroon ribbon . simple gown of dove grey flowing over her form, stretched out over growing belly.

Her thoughts where not focused on her work no they were turned towards the message sent out that morning, on what the reaction to its reception would be and whether or not she would recieve a reply . A sigh woudl leave her lips ands he would drag her mind back to her task set her needle to moving again. stitching the finely wrought vines and grapes onto what would be a sheet for her childs bed.
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

Return to Downtown Myrkentown