Something's Bugging Treadwell

Something's Bugging Treadwell

Postby Treadwell » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:08 pm

Treadwell had sent out a note earlier today--just after lunch, actually--to the good Governor Altias Bromn. The poor old man's in a predicament.

= = = = = = = = = =

Altias,

Do pardon the poor penmanship, here; I'm really fairly livid at the moment, with a good mix of frantic tossed in. Today while I was in the inn around lunchtime, wearing a yellow and black outfit of mine, one of the inn's latest villains--a short lass by name of Issy--played something of a most cruel prank on me.

My being dressed something like an overgrown bumblebee inspired her, I suppose; in short, she used her magics to suffer me the humiliation of--and you may come view me for proof if you think me mad or drunk!--sprouting a pair of bee-like wings from the shoulders! My usual gold-plated cane was also mystically changed, and, well, let's merely say I have a most realistic, pointy, dangerous stinger, now.

I expect help if it can be found; I most certainly look *quite* ludicrous. Now, I don't believe Myrken's laws rightly cover partial transformation of public officials. Do see this remedied very soon.

From my house by the lake, Aloisius.

P.S. Sitting is quite impossible, mind you. Rest assured I've been lying around a good deal--on side, not back!--and, well, I must admit, learning to make fair use of these wings. They seem strong enough to carry me about, at least. Mmmmm. -- A.H.T.

= = = = = = = = = =
Treadwell

What's the buzz?

Postby Treadwell » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:40 am

"I tell ya, Martha, Counc'lor Tread'ell's got a fat, pointy stinger comin' out his arse and wings out his back! M'boy Jack done said so!"

Such was the report from simple peasant laborer John Alldale, who'd heard from his boy Jack, who'd heard it from darn near every one of his friends but first from his buddy Will, who'd delivered the original message by hand to Altias. Will had gotten a very good look at the yellow and black suited Treadwell--maybe because Tready had been floating in the air about a foot with his newfound stinger wagging behind him. Either way, like the Numpty Song from weeks before, word of this would get quickly around Myrken in spite of the morning drizzling rain.

Also in spite of this rain, a flood of boys and girls have all herded 'round the lakeside cottage Aloisius Treadwell calls home, poking heads in random windows to get a look at the immense "bumblebee-man." And, yes, Tready even gave them a brief show of flying about outside before sending them scurrying. He might look funny, yes, but the old chap's actually taking a liking to the attention and certainly enjoying the flying. It's a shame he can't change to look like this on demand.
Treadwell

Postby Rattrap » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:27 pm

As one could imagine, Andrew Miller wasn't quite prepared for Aloisius Treadwell as a bee. It simply wasn't something that registered with the boy at first -- something so insidiously different, something so completely unforseen when the job was taken up, when the job was posted, when Andrew first saw the sun, that at first he didn't notice.

It wasn't until some close examination that the boy realized that Mr. Treadwell must indeed be a devious demon, at which point he flopped over in shock.

Suffice to say, his case would hit the ground not soon before the young lad, and thus he would stay until awakened and explained to.
Rattrap

Oops?

Postby Treadwell » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:07 am

"Yessss, Councilor. Rest assured I'll do everything I can to help you back to your normal fat, grumpy, wingless self!"

So spoke the white-haired mage Tready sought out this morning. Treadwell was more than willing to get all of this over with if he could. He'd talked to the scholarly mage for some time, who seemed to know quite a bit about bumblebees, oddly enough, and that knowledge really was the reason Treadwell decided to seek this chap out for help over other, err, more qualified magicians.

The councilor wouldn't remember much of it from this morning. A flash of light, a strange tingling around the middle, a blurring of vision at first, and then a shriek of surprise from his would-be benefactor.

Fairy magic is fickle, indeed, and not something to tamper with. The situation was only made worse; Aloisius Treadwell buzzed his way out of the mage's house in a daze, having left his vest inside as he now sported matching yellow and black fur around his middle. His eyes would have to adjust to seeing things allll over in little hexagonal windows, and seeing the color red was out of the question. And then there's the oddest of cravings: water, sugared water, and goodness he *needed* it! Toward the inn the four-winged, one-stingered Tready would bumble in the air, frightening those he passed.
Treadwell

Postby Eriks » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:20 am

A life's research, finally come to fruition!

Tales had already spread farther than Treadwell was probably comfortable with, and soon enough it would reach ears.

More particularily, the pointy ears of a certain individual.

"Pack up, Yapiro! It's finally been found!"

In tromped the willowy elf, practically frantic, eyes bugging as he dragged out the nearest suitcase and began stuffing random items in it.

Yapiro was, in fact, a kabold; a servant, one might say, to this certain elf; currently, he was jotting down some random tidbit or another, small paws gripping a feather almost bigger than himself, peering through specticles at his flowery writting. He twitsed about in his seat, eyes blinking in suprise at his seemingly gone mad benefactor.

"Found what, Pacados?"

"Years of tales and dead ends, and now, finally!" Shirt is flung in the kobold's direction, wrapping about his head and shutting off any further questions he might have.

"Start packing, right away! We're going to Myrkenwood!"
Eriks

Cleaning things off at the hive

Postby Treadwell » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:41 am

Treadwell stood there completely dumbfounded. Like his smaller, err, cousins who gathered pollen from the flowers, he was now covered in dust, especially around that yellow- and black-furred middle--the result of trying to do some much needed cleaning of the house. Granted, the house was nearly spotless, but its owner was a bit worse for the wear.

After a few minutes, Treadwell was pouring water into his silk-lined bronze tub, figuring that a bath certainly would be agreeable. The only problem was that stinger at his behind. It made lying down on his back nearly impossible unless he meant to poke a hole in whatever he's lying on. He didn't want to damage the lining of his tub.

That meant the big bee had to take things slowly. One bare leg at a time found its way into the actually warm water, and then he carefully lowered the rest of him into place on a stool he'd put in the tub for this occasion. There he sat, scrubbing away at arms and legs and face as always, but this time taking extra care with those smoky gray wings at his back. In addition, this meant lovingly working the dust out of his fur, and that meant, all in all, one delighted and shining Tready in the long run. The grinning, giggling bee-fellow soon came out of the tub with the help of his wings, hovering there above it without clothing, without a care, and definitely without good sense.
Treadwell

On Bee-ing Tready Again

Postby Treadwell » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:01 am

Aloisius had mostly enjoyed his time as an overgrown bumble, but now it was time to be himself again. He woke this morning from an oddly wonderful dream of buzzing his way through a field of enormous flowers toward a Tready-Bee-sized hive, and, after the initial confusion over why he would still be dreaming about such, he found himself going about his daily chores again.

Eating was back to being the top priority on his list. As a bee, he'd hardly been eating appropriately--appropriately in a typical Treadwell sense of the term, that is--and with the constant bumbling and flying about, he'd actually shed a good deal of weight, getting down to his usual size, it seems. The morning was spent cooking food, stuffing himself, and then starting to soak in his bathtub, sprawled out on his back as he should be. The rest of the day would be spent waddling about town in his red velvet suit and top hat, keeping happy and jolly while making appearances throughout town and, at the close of the afternoon, thoroughly chastising the mage who had worsened his condition. Poor mage.
Treadwell

Return to Downtown Myrkentown