Ten Days and Counting

Ten Days and Counting

Postby Treadwell » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:20 pm

"Ten days, Aloisius. Ten *days!* Good heavens! Alexi's in jail, I've not seen Altias in days, and I certainly do *not* have a house big enough to throw a party for this holiday!"

Aloisius Treadwell was just a little frantic as he wobbled around his toy store with a sugar cookie in each hand, a mug of milk by the fireside, and a brown robe over his body. Snow had started falling outside again, and here he was wanting to do something for what the Elves would know as Sylimburn, some humans would know as perhaps Christmas, perhaps Sylimburn, perhaps any of a number of others depending on religion (officially, the church in Myrken nudged folks toward Sylimburn, but this Christ fellow keeps getting mentioned, usually in oaths. . . .).

He wanted a party.

He wanted a feast.

He wanted a chance to act in public as the legendary Father Winter, finding out what presents children wanted this year and generally making those children happier.

Then again, party or no, they'd get their presents. Tready had them all made already, and he knew to whom what belonged. He knew where they lived, and he knew he could go through town unseen the night of the twelfth delivering those gifts. It would be his first night delivering such goodies--his first night serving as Father Winter for real since Roderic Cliché had given him the position--and he was certainly jittery about it all.

But he wanted a feast.

Tready would spend the next hours of the evening waddling 'round town putting up posters asking for all interested to see him about setting up a house or hall to feast and gather in for the holiday.

Certainly jittery indeed. Two cookies go down, and two more end up in his greedy, pudgy hands. Ten days to go.
Treadwell

Three more days!

Postby Treadwell » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:26 am

"You've only got three more days!" A most definitely unsettled Aloisius Treadwell was in his shop again, wobbling back and forth by the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate in one hand and yet another sugar cookie in the other. "Three more days until the holiday, and *no one* has contacted you about finding a good place to have any sort of get together!" And then he stopped.

"Well, there is the inn."

A crunch of cookie, a slurrrrrp of cocoa.

"But that would be too messy, too sudden, too disruptive. Besides--children coming into the inn to see a man claiming to be Father Winter with all the normal drunken louts and rambunctious brawlers and nonsensical babblers?"

Here, a flick of cookie crumbs from his beard.

"What about the church? It would fit, but, umm, well, I don't think they would take very well to using their sacred halls as a place to eat and drink and such. Not my cottage or shop. Well, the shop could work, but I could only have a small sort of crowd in here at once. . . . Maybe the shop. If nothing else, either in here or at the meeting house. Dear me! I need to talk to Altias!"

And out into the snow he would waddle, pushing his way onward through the just resumed gusty winds that blow the layers of snow all around.

= = = = = OOC = = = = =

What do you folks think? I'm up for suggestions and volunteers! Anyone? :)
Treadwell

OOC Reply

Postby Pipkin » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:45 am

Mmm...considering I have the time on said day you wish to hold RP event, I would be more than happy to help out.

Elil is a good cook, after all! Or we can use her as a loud-mouthed, generally angry waitress. :D
Even a single lamp dispels the Darkness.
Pipkin

Big House!

Postby Madel_H » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:24 am

There is, somewhere in the forests, a big ol' house, managed by a group of woodfolk from the south. One of these men is knwon to Treadwell, and, if approached concerning the subject, would happily donate his safehouse for a short while, just so long as it comes out in one piece.
Also, the rangers that live there aren't too bad at hunting, should some large amounts of food be required...
Madel_H

Postby Rattrap » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:37 pm

Talk to O'Cynen. :)
Rattrap

Information, hooooo (ho ho)

Postby Treadwell » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:20 pm

= = = = = OOC = = = = =

Tready's finally set everything up and in motion. The rp will be taking place at #BD_Bailey_Hall tomorrow afternoon and evening (that's Friday, December 12) from about eight PM Eastern on, for those interested. The setting is an old dining hall owned by an apparently rich friend of Councilor Joseph O'Cynen. Preparations have been made for plenty of food (with Tready there, food's a must!), fitting holiday-ish music, and, of course, Tready standing (or sitting!) in as good ol' Father Winter, who would be Myrken's equivalent of Santa Claus. Any children of any age wanting to boss the big guy around or tell him what you want? Here's your chance. ;) Otherwise, come by and enjoy the fun and food and generally (hopefully) delightful rp.

Oh! The reason all this is happening a good two weeks before Christmas is that we're trying to avoid conflicts with other holidays and the planning of such around this time of year. Real life comes first. :)
Treadwell

Return to Downtown Myrkentown