Arts for the Edificium

Arts for the Edificium

Postby Rattrap » Tue May 24, 2005 3:59 am

Auberon had been busy, the past many days. Not at the Edificium, as his first step in the town had bore him to, but all over the town - in was, in these past many days, that the artist began really getting a feel for his way around Myrkentown. And a greater feel for the people there.

Doc D'Rael had sent him on a mission, and Auberon was carrying it out - in song, in dance, with musical scores he'd just thought up on the spot. Sometimes, occasionally, he even settled for simply writing bulletins all over the town - and all of this, even the dancing and music, held the same message:

The Rememdium Edificium needed able carpenters or anybody willing to help in general to entirely reconstruct the place. Major excavation, major renovation, major...everything. The past months had seen a greater need for the Edificium, especially with other healers and doctors leaving in times of great duress.

Who Auberon missed, rumors and word-of-mouth would certainly cover.
Rattrap

David D'Rael Takes his Leave

Postby Rattrap » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:25 am

Doctor David D'Rael was awake late into the night. Some of that time was spent in contemplation and planning; even less was spent on packing what meager belongings David really needed to take with him. The rest of the night gone into early morning was spent penning letters and notices. A few to his more regularly needy patients, a couple to some the doctor was supposed to see soon, and yet a couple more to the offices of Governor Altias Bromn and Captain Thomas Daniels - he saved his hand one more for Councilor Aloisius Treadwell, as the good councilor wasn't in town. The letters were short, and all said about the same thing:

I regret to inform you that I must leave Myrken Wood as early as tomorrow morning at dawn; I've recieved urgent news from my home nation of Bolgardia and must leave immediately.

I don't know when I'll be able to return, or if I'll return.

A little more was added for the governor: I leave the Rememdium Edificium to the council in my absence; I'd like to see that another able doctor was placed in its halls, but I ultimately leave its use up to you and Myrken's needs. Farewell.

David left the letters on his desk so they could be sent off in the morning. Some were public notices, so the news would surely spread. Then the doc stole what precious few hours of sleep he could and left Myrken Wood at dawn.
Rattrap

Return to The Rememdium Edificium