1-2 Babajide's coming for you...

1-2 Babajide's coming for you...

Postby Ymir » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:57 pm

The citizen had informed Babajide that this was the place to go that would provide information of ailments and rumours of areas to avoid. Standing outside the building he instructed his men to explore the area surrounding it for any sort of evidence that might lead them closer to their quarry. It was a difficult task they had now, and information was going to be king in this battle. The target had the advantage, but Babajide was exceptionally smart for a reaver.

There was a light knock at the door of the Remedium Edificium. A lack of response prompted the reaver, Babajide, to enter into what he assumed to be the lobby of the building, "Hello?" He simply stated as he looked around. "I'm looking for some help in getting information about this region and perhaps you could let me know of any plagues or ailments rampant in the area?" He was pouring on the charm with a few complicated words. Trying to appear much more intelligent than his education would truly indicate.

It was hard to deflect impressions away from his appearance. A sun-bronzed man with long russet hair tied back, a beard that was braided, and red leather armour with a tribal dragon symbol upon an epaulet. His face bore some small scarring from desert winds and other natural disasters, so to speak.

"I would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered...plus I need to know if you have a certain medicine I require for a medical condition I have."
Ymir

Postby Rattrap » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:37 am

"Well, as luck would have it, you just missed a rather nasty plague..." Doctor David D'Rael would offer, stepping into the lobby with a roll of bandage material under his arm. "In general, we're not too bad off, though. I wouldn't worry about anything else unless it looks obvious. Something or someone seems to be hitting the plants and crops, so I imagine either a plague or some malicious magic is going around."

The doctor had noted the man's out-of-placeness with those of the usual Myrken crowd, and he had reminded the doc somewhat of the darker-skinned guardsman who had brought an injured man in here earlier in the month. As David had heard, that same guardsman was suspect of treason. Not any of his business, though. Out of place or not, the words "All are welcome" were still etched beside the door, and always would be. "What seems to ail you?"
Rattrap

Postby Isobella » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:06 am

Voices down the hall? Janessa would make her way down as well, although she wouldn't interrupt the Doctor in the middle of his work, oh no, that certainly wouldn't be the type of assistant she would wish to be... although she did have an uncanny habit of turning up when interesting things were happening didn't she?

All the same she'd catch a glimpse at the man in the lobby, his features were taken in, although it was difficult for her to tell sometimes if people were foreign to myrken or not. She would make herself available in one of the nearby rooms, finding things to do, but also being able to listen. How would she learn anything if she didn't listen after all?
"I'm tired of all of my characters acting as bait..." "Then maybe you need to stop making them so damn tasty!" - Something Positive
Isobella

Postby Ymir » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:37 am

It wasn't difficult to comprehend that Babajide wasn't alone. The noise from the 15 men and two half-giants outside was audible enough despite the fact that they attempted to speak in subtle tones.

Babajide smiled lightly as the Doctor addressed, and informed him. Oblivious to the eavesdropping assistant in the next room. "It's a good thing all those problems you've mentioned will have little interference with our business here. I do appreciate the information."

Glancing towards all entry points into the room in which they stood, Babajide leaned in to speak to the doctor, "My ailment doctor, is something my comrades don't know about. I'd rather they didn't find out...?" Eyebrows raised as he regarded the doctor in a manner that advised, and inquired into, discretion. "I have a small problem with a curse. Once a month I receive an urge to spill blood onto a specific dagger that I, well, accidentally picked up. Curious fingers and all." A sheepish grin from the reaver as he stood there and gave a little shrug and roll of his eyes. It was oscar-worthy.

"The problem is, is that I'm not a killer and, like anyone, I'd rather not do it. So what I've been doing is taking a type of medicine that's common in my homeland." He took in a slow breath and looked around for a moment. "Some people like to call it a poison, but it's appropriate for my needs. It paralyzes the muscles for a distinct period of time. The dose I need is small as we'll not be in this kingdom long. It's a medicine called pavula. Have you heard of it?"
Ymir

Return to The Rememdium Edificium