The Doctor

Re: The Doctor

Postby Suede » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 am

Lucas clapped his hands together before him to enunciate his pleasure at the offer. "I won't pass up a free meal if it's offered. I'll take you up on it anytime you have extra. Especially until I manage to see about the old Doctor's place. A short walk to and from my bed would be wonderful." As for the Dagger, perhaps he'd get a room there, but it'd certainly be an option for the rest of his meals. Oh, he loved his family but they lived on the far side of the town and it just wasn't feasible to go back and forth so much. A family he expected to see sometime this afternoon when he went to check on his cousin.

Lilani mentioned the animals and he smiled at her. "I could actually make use of that..." A pause here, then "The animals coming to visit, not necessarily the wolf... actually maybe the wolf too, if he's friendly." He was talking half to himself now, remember several classes he had on using cuddlier animals for emotional therapy. But that he could mull over later once he'd settled in more.

He looked between the pair. "Anything else you two can think of that I need to be aware of around here?"
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am

"Well then I hope I'll see you both at week's end for a nice meal. It'd be pleasant to be able to have everyone from here gathered together over a meal." In fact the generally calm and quiet woman seemed quite pleased by that prospect. She enjoyed having the opportunity to cook for them and it was a welcome change to the loneliness that the Rememdium had brought about from time to time.

She just listened as they discussed the animals and their presence in the Rememdium. "I think that's all of what's occuring at the moment. Of course you'll be able to see in my notes the events that have passed over the recent months and an account of the patients that we've had in, but I'm sure those are all things you can take in when you find that you have a moment to yourself." She paused then, and then considered her next words. "There have been murders however. The results haven't been anything we could treat, but the bodies have been brought here for the families to identify and collect. There aren't any here any longer.. but should the gravekeepers cart arrive I suppose it'd be best that you're aware."
Dulcie

Postby Drache » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 pm

"I can't promise I'll be there, but I will absolutely try," Lilani told Janessa, gravitating back to her gardening. A small pile of herb cuttings, each type bound in twine, were destined for being dried and prepared. The Druid often utilized an empty room in the patient ward to complete this task, seeing as it was so chilly outside that even her fingers got cold.

"Could they be useful?" she inquired, looking thrilled. "People don't usually say that!" At least she was a half-elf who was open to suggestions. Gathering up the piles in a verdant bouquet, she started to edge inside. The raven cawed again and took off in a rush of flapping wings.
Drache

Postby Suede » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 pm

"I'll be ready for the more gruesome happenings, thank you Janessa." Then his eyes follow after the departing Lilani. "And yes, they could. I'll need to figure out a few things, but I'll bring it up with you later." He was wondering if she could call forth maggots in particular. Good for cleaning out necrotic flesh.

He adjusts one of his cuffs and smiles brightly at the pair. "But if you'll both excuse me for the moment, I'm going to go poke about my new office and the supplies before my family gets here." They were likely to drag him home for reunions and looking after his cousin. "Since you know my parents, Janessa, you know where I'll be if something comes up. Even the bodies, I best start getting used to that. I'll be back by morning if I don't see you both before I go."

And with that he'd walk back into the Rememdium after the druid with light steps past the patient's rooms. He'd disappear into his office, but the door remained open. The soft sounds of him sifting through files and drawers signaling his activity.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm

She nodded in response to the plans that he made for the evening and his comments about being prepared for the worst of things. "Of course, feel free to call for me if you find you need anything while you're getting settled. I hope you have a wonderful reunion with your family. I'm sure that they've missed you." She'd offer with a smile, and as the three of them parted ways Janessa would return to her work. There were always patients to check on and things to be organized. There was no room for idle hands in the Rememdium.
Dulcie

Previous

Return to The Rememdium Edificium