There is a Body

There is a Body

Postby Caile » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Renea Sundance. Renea Hunter. Mother, Wife, Marshal, Soldier, Captain, General. Sister. Friend. Did these things still exist when life fled a body? When just a body remained? A broken husk. She had been been sitting in the tavern after weeks of absence, chatting amiably with a young boy and sharing a meal and someone had appeared behind her with a knife and cut her throat even before the seasoned warrior could react. Her life's blood had drained and the knife had been plunged into her chest, overkill. She had seen nothing of her attacker, only the shock on poor Cherny's face.

And now? Now her body was laid out on some doctors table, stripped bare of clothing, her sword and shield and the badge of office laid out on another. The gaping hole in her throat and the wound in her chest had yet to be stitched but the blood had been washed away and the light brown hair she had so often worn tied back had been cleaned and left loose to hang about her shoulders.

The body looked young, looked healthy but for the mortal wounds to neck and chest. Firm and fit, that of a girl no older than 18 but Renea had been much older until Jarod had decided to 'help'. There were no scars on this body, unexpected for someone who had battled her entire life, more so for someone who had suffered from a wound to her shield arm that had nearly caused that arm to be removed (or had been removed, depending on who you heard the story from). That she had been the target of some magical energies was without doubt, but those energies didn't seem to be able to help her now as the shell that had once been hers lay spread on the cold hard surface awaiting disposal.
Caile

Re: There is a Body

Postby Khalika » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 am

The Gypsy stood before the Remedium and proceded to lay a quick knock upon the door before moving in side. If greeted upon entrance she would pass on a greeting and comment on how well her hands are healing, if not greeted soon upon entering she would move down the hall calling for the doctor while looking to see which room held the remains of the Marshal.
Khalika

Postby Suede » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:40 am

The doctor had done his due diligence with regards to Renea's body, and then covered it over once he'd given the corpse a short autopsy. He'd not bothered with much depth since the cause of her demise seemed rather obvious to his eyes. He wasn't an investigator, nor a regular at performing the grim duty, since he didn't often have the time or inclination, but slit throat alone was a fairly obvious cause if he'd ever seen one.

The proper care and repair of the body hadn't been done yet, because he'd heard someone from the constabulary was investigating things and he thought they might want to see things as is before he did further. As for the unusual quality of her health and age, he barely knew the woman and didn't think much of the situation.

He'd retreated to his office after finishing, since there were no patients about, and had been making notes when he heard his name. Lucas had risen and moved into the hallway just outside his door and been a bit surprised to see Khalika. She hadn't seemed the sort to come in for a check-up, but despite her assertions to how well her hands were healing... "I'd actually like to check them just to see for myself. Is that the only reason you came by?" He noticed she seemed to be looking for something, at least.
Suede

Postby Khalika » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Smiled at the doctor whenshe came upon him. She would follow to whereever he would lead, unless of course she wished to examin her hands there in the hall. "strength and coordination are slow in come. But I can grip a mug of the bitter, so that something.." The remarks are carefree, as she follows him. His follow up question though held a light shrug..

"I was hoping to pay my respects to the Marshal. We did not know eachother well, though I respected her walk in life. It would only be for a moment."
Khalika

Postby Suede » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 am

Lucas seemed fine to simply accept her words condition of her hands, taking them if offered where he was to glance over them and have her try to perform a few different actions for him. "I'm surprised you can do that at all, really. Myrken is a strange place."

At the suggestion of visiting the body of Renea his pleasantries falter slightly. The body hadn't been dressed, and no one had come to examine it yet from an official standpoint. He wasn't entirely certain that he should consider such a request, and that sentiment was plain on his face. "I really don't know if now would be the best time. Her condition isn't exactly presentable... to put it mildly. Maybe waiting for a funeral would be better?"
Suede

Return to The Rememdium Edificium