To Janessa: Addressing the Subject of Days Prior

To Janessa: Addressing the Subject of Days Prior

Postby Rance » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:50 am

Other Gods. That was what Janessa had said.

She did not know what had gone wrong; she was too uninformed to understand the complexities of magic and ritual. She was a seamstress who did not always want to be one and a Jerno who did not always want to be Jerno. There was no room for understanding the less tangible, the mystical, the illusive. And so, when things were beyond her comprehension, she sought to fix them with what she could understand: niceties, learning, simple things for simple girls.

A letter written by adhering to the rules in The Yssential Geide to Litricy, which she had found hidden behind two dusty tomes on one of the higher shelves in Darkenhold's library. Duquesne had not entirely approved of the book -- her reading it had been extracurricular at best.

Menna Sarah Janessa,

I hoape this Letter fines you wello Please ascuse the Bad Writeing while I try my beast to understant how to properly put words to Paige I am a meat head Girl whoe is tryeing very hard at thiso

so

what happent the Other Day between us is my Seacret just like your Seacret Talent is your Seacret and You can ask Cherny or Catch the Marshall how good i keep my mouth clost about important things, I was afraid maybe i had done somthing wrong to hurt you or put you in danjer, I appreshitted grateful for you tryeing your best to help me but not Everything will be able to get healt or fixed no matter how good and well-meaning your hants areo

so

Please tell me you are well and feeling better, I cannot help but feel like I did somthing inadvittently inententioa mistaken to harm youo

the [a word scribbled in a more confident hand, but in an illegible language] are jealous gods but i never prayt to them to hurt anyone, that is me and being honest, and never somone like you o

your friend

glour'eya
gloria wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: To Janessa: Addressing the Subject of Days Prior

Postby Dulcie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 am

Janessa had been surprised to receive the letter. So rarely did she ever receive any sort of correspondence that she had come simply to not expect it. Gloria's letter had been carefully read and within one day's time a reply was sent in return. The script of the writing was beautiful and flowing, as if penned by a very careful hand.

Dearest Miss Wynsee,

I must admit I was very surprised to see your letter. It's quite rare for me to receive letters and yours was equally unexpected. There is certainly no need for apologies. I know that you have done nothing to cause me harm, and I trust that you will keep my secret. I will most certainly be keeping what happened to myself as well.

I do apologize for my part in what happened. I was very out of practice, and I'm not very strong with my spells to begin with. It was foolish of me to assume that because I had done similar things with other people that it should come so easily with you. It was equally wrong for me not to ask you more questions about where you are from and the Gods that have a hold over you. My healing is based in prayer and I believe that perhaps I should have considered that a little harder before extending my offer to you.

I am feeling much better however, thanks to your help back to the Rememdium. I had a difficult time explaining to the Doctor that I had fainted in the mud as he couldn't seem to find anything amiss with me. I am sure his curiousity will fade eventually. I am quite well now though, and I appreciate your asking after me.

Perhaps, if you would still like, we could have that cup of tea sometime? I've heard that there is a new owner at the teahouse and I've been rather curious to see it with my own eyes.

Your Friend,

Janessa

Dulcie

Return to The Rememdium Edificium