Three weeks past...

Three weeks past...

Postby Jirai » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 am

You are asleep.

It is not the deep, healing sleep you so desperately require, but one fraught with restless dreams.

"Ah. There you are."

Her hand touches your scarred cheek. Injured as you are, your usual defenses offer no resistance to the touch.

"I confess, I was rather surprised that you allowed yourself to be so badly hurt. Oh, not that you'll die of it - we both know that, don't we? - but still. I hadn't expected this at all.

"Now, let's not play games, my dear. You don't like me at all. In fact, I suspect you'd be perfectly willing to kill me once you've recovered your strength, isn't that right? Quite logical, of course, but ultimately the wrong choice.

"You think it would help him, if you killed me? Your boy is gone. Forever. What he is now is what I have made of him. What he could have been, if it wasn't for you.

"Now you wish to kill me even more, don't you? Not for him, but for yourself. Because you couldn't protect him. You can't protect any of them, can you? But - and pay attention, my dear - I did not say that nothing would happen if you killed me.

"What use is a knight without his Lady? What purpose has he, without me?

"If you kill me, child, you will kill him, too. I have made sure of it."

Feather-light, the brush of cool lips against your brow.

"Sleep well, my dear."
Jirai
Op

Return to The Rememdium Edificium