Kidnapped

Kidnapped

Postby Aeri` » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:38 pm

As the elf left the tavern and moved towards the mannor, a shadow moved out after her. No sound made to alert the elf. A sack quickly placed over her head, muffled scream heard where only another elf might hear and a gloved hand hit the elf into unconsciousness. Her limp form then was picked up as others gathered around and quickly took the elf off into the forest glade. The only thing left was her bag forgotten upon the beaten path that she carried her healing herbs in. Perhaps the group of assassins caught up with her or another that had stalked her to no end. The elf would not be noted missing for several days to come unless her friends took note of it sooner.
Aeri`

Postby Katyara » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:26 pm

Freya walked in to the back door of the Rememdium Edificium coming from the speech by the Inquisitors. She removed her cloak and hung it on the peg in the doorway of her room and began to roll up her sleeves to just under her elbow and called out “ Aeri? Hey Aeri I think I have some good news. “ The woman looked about for the elf healer that she has taken such a liking too. The elf was everything she wished she could be, grace without the powerful feline traits, the more delicate nature and bone structure then Freya’s sturdy 5’9 frame. The pose and demeanor that Aeri had always made her feel ungainly and clumsy but it mde her feel all the more protective of the woman she now called friend.

Walking about and looking into the various rooms of the hospital she frowns slightly. She could have missed her, it happened at times. Still she something in the back of her mind bothered her. Since the threat of the inquisition Aeri and her had been trying to make a safe haven when they though non humans would be at risk. Aeri was not far from the hospital or the hide away because of this. Slightly worried she decides to stay at the hospital for the night instead of visiting the hiding place as she tried to do every night make sure all was well. Settling in a chair in the front room before the fire she lets more of her feline tendencies show and curls, drowsing by the fire and listenig lighty for her friends return.
The night is my companion, the solitude my guide...
Katyara

Postby Aeri` » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:52 pm

Pale wands of sunlight slide across the room from the narrow window slits. Aeri's head ached dully, seeming too heavy to lift from the ground. She lay still, and her surroudings drew slowly into focus. She lay upon a cold floor and attempted to lift her head up again. Her head swam from the sharp motion, but she compelled her senses to function. Hazy, semiconscious memories of arriving in her seemingly cell pierced her mind. The ones had caught her by surprise, placed a sack over her head then there was her screaming only to find darkness. She vaguely remembered waking up as cruel hands shackled one of her wrists. It seemed odd but then she felt lucky too. At least her feet where unhindered and she could stand up. Very slow was her movements and the room began to spin till she got her full senses back. Fingers dug into the cold, damp walls as she surveyed her surroundings. She was in a cell aright. The windows were barred and high up. A wooden door not more than six steps to her was there with a small barred window. The room was small yet she was able to stand and walk around as far as the shackle allowed her to. A shadow in the corner however caught her attention and she moved towards it. There was someone here. "Hello?" She crouched down and reached out to touch a arm, shaking it gently. The form merely fell over and half of a smiling skull with hair tuffs upon it's head still. Eye sockets black as coal starring at her. A blood curling scream was heard and echoed throughout.
Aeri`

Postby SalsaDoom » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:43 am

Birch rode up to the Rememdium Edificium, dismounted his horse and tied it to a nearby tree. The Soldier-Druid strolled up, and through the front doors. "Hello, Aerithya?" he called out as he stepped into the front room. His eyes paused on the women there.

"Oh. Hello then, Miss. Aerithya about?"
-- Visit the 3P Trading Company!
-- SalsaDoom@jabber.org
SalsaDoom

Postby Rattrap » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:08 am

But it's the doctor who pipes up an answer, as the soldier had just caught him heading to the storeroom.

"No, I don't think so. She's probably at the santuary."

And then he stalks off to the storeroom, if not withheld by any further conversation. David was used to Aeri's absences, and this one did not trouble him. Not yet, anyway.

Of course, he had no idea.
Rattrap

Postby Katyara » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:19 am

Freya perked slightly and wiping the sleep from her eyes fromt he chair in the front. " Uh Aeri? No she hasn't been here.. all night in fact. " She turns to the Doctor as he walks away. Frowning slightly to shrugs to the man. If you tell me your name I'll leave a note that you stopped by. I need to speak with her as well so I am sure to try and track her down wherever she is. "
The night is my companion, the solitude my guide...
Katyara

Postby Rattrap » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:38 am

The doc stopped in the doorway, considering Freya's words. Hmm. She hasn't been at the sanctuary for a while? She hadn't been here, either.

"She's not there? You might try her home, then. I haven't seen her in a while, either, but I suppose she might be packing up or something along those lines with the Inquisition here."
Rattrap

Postby SalsaDoom » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:58 pm

Birch looks at the Doc, then to Freya. "Well, Aerithya had told me quite recently that she had no intention of running from the Inquisition. She certainly never told me she was going anywhere, and I flatter myself to think that she would of at least mentioned something in passing. Hmmm"

He looked around for a moment, then says to Freya, "If she shows up, please tell her Birch Argolopaulos dropped by. Nothing important."

For a moment, he looks vaguely unsatisfied, then turns on his heel and strides out.
-- SalsaDoom@jabber.org
SalsaDoom

Postby Rattrap » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:58 pm

"Oh, really? Well, I'm glad she changed her mind. Well! She might be taking a vacation, then, maybe. I did offer her one when this all started. Let me know?"

The doc offered it to either of the other two individuals, finally making his way into the storeroom to grind up a particularly thick root he had dug up this morning.
Rattrap

Postby Tyralor » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:08 pm

Others had come to a conclusion previously of something amiss. A question here and there. An unanswerable question asked of a man that'd been to the Edificium with wounds he'd recently picked up in a small scrape. Wounds and a companion in rapid need of awakening the doctor in the wee hours to remove a crossbow bolt from a shoulder.

Sufficient concern had prodded a bit of action, and that action was taken up by a gentleman taking his time in meandering about a portion of one day, searching the region of the territory between the Edificium and the dagger itself, for signs of bloodshed.

Rains had held off in recent note. Foul play was suspected, but as of yet, the culprits remained unknown. The Inquisition? Entirely possible, if the foul of an elf had voiced her opinion on her own belief in higher beings. Had insulted the wrong person for their narrow minded views. All very possible.

Or worse. There were those that had assaulted her previously. An occassion that a Lieutenant in the guard had intervened and saved her life. They could have waylaid her once more, and that, was what the half elf had been asked to investigate on his own this time, but a good friend of the healer. And his own right hand man in so many other affairs.

So the sharp eyed half-elf did search. Carefully, cautiously, and with more interest than he truly felt for the elf's fate. The discovery of no blood marking the region was of some refreshment. It meant she hadn't been brought down, slain and then moved. Nor had she struggled and been injured. On the other hand, it meant that something else had befallen her. He stood for a period of time, with his brow slightly furrowed as he rubbed the black cloth he held in his hand. Rubbing it between thumb and finger as he attempted to sort out the weave and nature of the piece. Not, he determined, something common to Myrken Wood. A clue? Perhaps. It was all he had to pursue at the moment.

Nothing else had turned up, and so finally, he turned to move towards a certain tailor he knew in town. One, that had a decided affinity for woven cloths, and could inform him of the region this particular piece had emerged from, if not the detailed history of the animal it was woven from as well.
Tyralor

Postby Aeri` » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:48 pm

Darkness had taken over from fright. She had seen death and destrution before, it was a part of her life.
She had lived it over and over again. Cold hands felt upon her arm and she opened her eyes quickly. Movement seemed hindered. She was tied down upon a stone slab. A group of eight black robed hooded figures surrounded the stone slab. Four were on each side of her. She blinked thinking it was all a dream, yet the leathr restraints that held her down were oh so real. Fear and confussion felt.

She couldn't focus on anything, it was, completely vile. The only thing that caught her eye, was that dark marking upon the man's hand. Focusing her gaze upon it. Etching the symbol and sight to memory. The darkness of the tattoo, the five point star inscribed rune upon the palm of his hand. He touched her cheek softly, almost lovingly at first. She struggled to get up but then he gripped her jaw tightly.

She stared up at the one. "W..what are you doing?"
Her mouth was pryed open and a hissed voice heard close to her ear.

"Elven healers are very rare around here so your death would be to much of a loss. And however, elves that can not speak..can not tell tales."

Her eyes widened filled with terror. The bindings that held her,cut into tender flesh while she tried to desperately struggle free, but with no avail. Her screams echoed along the stone walls. Shear pain felt and blood flowed from her lips causing her to choke as a flash of blade seen. Her severed tongue held before her as if it was a prize. Dark laughter is all she heard as her world fell into blissful darkness.
Aeri`

Where the devil is she?

Postby SalsaDoom » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:25 pm

Aerithya had been gone for some days now. He was seated at his desk, writing a report to his superior when he put down his pen and tapped his fingers on the desk. He looked around his office, the feeling of dissatisfaction crept over him again. he sighed, then looked at the velvet case he kept his rapier in. "Biscuits." he swore quietly to himself under his breath.

He got up and opened the case, pulled out the rapier. It was a fine weapon, the blade was 7/8's of an inch thick, 50 inches long, and a glossy jet black. The grip was covered with a beautiful gilded basket hilt, fashioned to look like vines had grown around the handle to protect the owners hand. He flicked the blade with his index finger, and a sweet note came out, like that from a tuning fork. "Very well." he said to himself, took his baldric off his coat rack and swung it around his shouder, sheathed the sword, picked up his helmet off his bookshelf and put it on his head, securing it under his chin. He strode out of his office, out of 3P's Administration building, out of the Trading Post, and into the wilderness that surrounded it.

He walked until he reached the Tavern. Then turned to face where the Rememdium Edificium lay some distance away. He walked, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. He stopped and looked at a tree. "Have you seen who I am looking for?" he asked, casting a small spell. Nothing. He continued, then asked another tree. Nothing. "Where the devil is she." he muttered to himself in frustration. He turned on his heel to return home, but noticed a tree, a little larger then the rest. It was a distance off the direct path between destinations, but he walked up to it anyway. It was old, gnarled and its leaves slightly dull appearing. "I say, old one, have you seen who I am looking for?". An image, a flash of something. Dark robed figures, walking. He couldn't see if they had anyone with them or not, then another flash, this one not an image but a direction. South, past the river. He frowned, "Thank you." he said quietly to the tree, and touched it with his hand, casting another spell. The tree visibly strengthened, and its leaves brightened. He smiled, then turned and walked south a few steps.

He saw more than one figure. He was a master with his rapier, but chances are that if the group and intended to kill Aerithya, she would already be dead. Why risk exploring south himself, he could be slain in the attempt and Aerithya never found. He didn't dare risk Company troopers on such a personal mission. The guard? He shook his head, they didn't have time to go traipsing off with every fellow who claimed to speak with threes. He thought back to a few nights ago, when he last saw Aerithya. One of her friends, then. Dhugal or Tyralor. Likely they were searching for her anyway. He set off back to Myrken Wood, in search of either one of, or both of the pair. This was no time to be a glory hound, after all.
-- SalsaDoom@jabber.org
SalsaDoom

Postby Tyralor » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:43 pm

"I must confess. I don't think I have ever heard of Emerril fur before. A southern beast you say?"

"Aye, wut'd ye expe'eh? Awl ov 'em trumpin aboot lie it ain't nun o' our concern. Shul 'ake 'em back to me ancestral 'ome me should. Give 'em a bit o' a shake fer 'eepin me oop all ni't."

"The gentleman that made the order for the repair of the torn robes. Exactly, what was he wearing, and what'd he look like?"

Sufficient details followed, providing the half-elf with a sufficient detail to know a number of significant points. First of course, the name of the tailor that'd been recommended to fix the garment, since obviously Gustav wouldn't be inclined to do it himself. The dwarf had much more important things to tend to than catering to the reparation of such insignificant, and useless material.

The efforts in discovering that indeed, the gentleman in question had made an arrival at the alternative tailor was a pleasant surprise. It would prevent him from casting about and searching the entire region to learn more details. The boon of the fact the man was due to return to retrieve the article in question, and shortly at that, was even more of a favourable turn of events than even he was permitted to believe. Nonetheless, he stepped out of the shop a content enough individual. Stooping to speak to an individual nearby would provide the rest of the details he needed.

It was only a matter of time, before the one insignificant detail, would bring about the knowledge that was needed to proceed further. The old vagrant would linger in the spot, as he usually did, without complaint. Accepting the donation of those that saw fit to leave a coin or two in his possession. He would also, keep a watch upon the tailor shop and report if the stranger in question arrived before one of Tyr's more mobile allies arrived to continue the stake out and pursue the suspect.

----

He had little adoration for this region, though he made his way back into it nonetheless. The middleaged man easing up the pathway to the Dagger itself. Dressed in his comfortable working leathers, and feet, muffled in cotton, barely scratching the surface of the road underfoot. Keen eyes, that had yet to dim with age sought out the squat building, while he ran a hand over his hairless head. Nothing likeable about the place, and yet it was one of the occassions that he had little choice but to make an appearance in. Information had been sought, and he'd gotten to it. Light caught, and reflected off the necklace adorning his neck. He was a faithless man, believing in little he couldn't set his own hands on. Yet he wore a cross nonetheless. Not, for his belief in any great god, or his merciful hand. He hated the god truly. For what he had wrought upon one that did not deserve it. People suffered every day, but some perhaps shouldn't have. Only one person could've brought him back to this hateful place where that scenario had begun. And he had. Fortunately, the stay would be brief. At least, it was intended to be brief.

A light step onto the porch, and momentary pause. Not quite, willing to step in and face that which might well lie within. Of all the bloody places to make a drop, he had to choose this one did he? Surely, he could've made a wiser choice. A more convienant choice. A wrinkling of his features and he lurked. If for no other reason than he didn't want to go in there. Didn't particularly care to run across Ari, or Johan, or the others that he'd been with. He hadn't seen them since. No point in seeing them now.

Entrance into the tavern, found it deserted, except for a happy couple that were completely envelopped with one another. Neither so much as saw Spike. Which was just fine as far as he was concerned. Stepping past their involved selves, he uninvolved a coin purse. And then sat down at the bar.

"Pass a not' onto 'is Darkness for me would ya?" The tender was asked, as Spike slid an extra coin or two onto the countertop.

"Tell 'im that they're 'oled up on Tivalti's Estate"

And the thief and spy's duty was done.
Tyralor

Postby Rattrap » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:01 pm

"Something is wrong. This isn't like Aeri."

Granted, the actual length of time Doctor David D'Rael knew the elven woman was relatively small. And, likewise, Doctor David D'Rael knew...more or less nothing of the woman's history.

But one didn't need to know 'details' to know a person.

It was this in mind that the doc took it upon himself to seek out Freya, as she had expressed a lack of Aeri herself, only to verify that such a void still existed. Should the midwife be around to ask, a simple question of "Still haven't seen Aeri lately?" would be prompted.

He expected the answer to be no. And then things would become far more complicated than the day to day seeing of wounded and sick.
Rattrap

Postby Aeri` » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:54 am

Glowing talon candles added illumination to the extended halls of the Tivalti's Estate. A chorus of voices and chants heard within echoing walls. Voices only ones that were in full conscious could hear. From the outside of the once grand estate one could see the neglect it had endured. Once a flourishing and productive home turned into a almost ghastly looking recluse. The structure itself was still in good repair, however the trees and folage about it seemed to of dried up on it's own giving the estate a gloomy and evil presence. The establishment fell into the hands of a group of foreigners who prospered in many dealings. Some were not what one would call legit. Their work descreet yet sufficient. The estate would grant them refuge to take care of a few jobs in the area. Myrken Wood was one of them. The one that hired them was unknown to them, only they were instructed to put fear into the meddling elven woman. Her death would only cause more stirrings and that was not wished, so it was said to remove her voice. The deed was done.

A hand brushed over her cheek and through her sterling locks. Only a groan escaped her lips. Blissful darkness overtook the elf once again several times during the night. She was awakened only to be forced to drink a terrible smelling liquid. It tasted of bitter root and other things one would not wish to even think of. It made her gag and what was left of her tongue burned to the point of her screaming till darkness took over once again. Perhaps it was a healing potion or a way to keep her quiet till the next order was issued.
Foreign voices hushed in deep accent.

"Such a pretty thing."
"Hands off you fool, the master has plans for that one."
"Aye, but who's to know?"
"I would."

More agruements made but the voices were drifting off and a clanging of doors and dangling of keys heard perhaps in unconscious mind. She was placed in another cell, remotely cleaner than the first. She rested upon a cot raised off the ground, yet her feet were shackled and chain led to the stone wall. It gave her room to stand if she had wished and move about in the somewhat larger cell. Barred windows where seen from above seeming to be the only source of light.
Pale wands of sunlight slid across the cell stoned walls. A small bowl with some kind of mixture of herbs and water, with a cloth draped to the side, sat on a makeshift table top close to the cot.

Deep within her mind she fought hard to regain consciousness.
Aeri`

Next

Return to The Rememdium Edificium