So, goodbye...

So, goodbye...

Postby Wendy » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:42 am

Dear Everybody,

Thank you for the opportunity to act as Founder in #Broken_Dagger for the past few years. I've appreciated being here and have loved being among you.

I apologize, to those of you whose feelings I've hurt in the past (and present) and I hope that you will forgive me, in time.

I'm resigning from the Dagger as its Founder, and leaving Mongrel to my place 'up top'. There will be changes, because we're different people, but they will not affect the current rules of the room or the events that are unfolding in character. Mongrel is a good man, and while some of you may feel intimidated to speak with him, or even put off, I want you to know that he -listens- and he will act with fairness to all.

Mongrel has chosen Carnath-Emory as his cofounder, and she's accepted the spot. Please make her welcomed as well.

The remainder of the ops team is staying the same, to my knowledge. They are a good mix of people who care very much about role play and having fun. They'll continue to be there for you, and will always have a portion of my heart for what they have endured, and will continue to, for the sake of good role play.

I hope you all will continually make and enjoy lasting friendships.

I love you. I mean that.

Respectfully,

Wendy
Wendy

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:05 am

Hey, everyone...

Firstly, I'd like to thank Wendy for all of the hard work she's done for the last few years. Her selfless dedication and love for this channel is an amazing thing. I'm proud that she chose me to maintain the channel so that she can return to her real life and explore other avenues as well as continue to enjoy this one.

I know that most of you don’t really know me and my reputation may not be the best, but I am honestly a very nice, respectful person (even if I do say so myself). I hope that you will all try to get to know me, as I genuinely would like to get to know all of you.

I know that few people here have RPed with me in BD, or even seen me RP, but I assure that I have. I was involved with RP for many, many years until I eventually retired. I promise you that I do have knowledge of this medium and can see things in the perspective of a RPer, even if you don’t see me RPing all of the time.

Please never hesitate to ask me or any of the other ops a question. We are here, and do this job, because we love RP and love the Broken Dagger. We are a good resource and here for your use.

This should be a fairly seamless transfer, as there will be no changes to BD rules, policy, etc. We like the BD and we plan to keep it that way. *s*

Thanks.

Role Play on!

--Brian
Mongrel

Postby Zata » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:54 am

Wendy,

May it be the best choice for you, may you retain the strength you always have, may you, the husband and that adorable little girl of yours always be healthy and whole. Thank you for not only all you have done here, but all you have done elsewhere, you've been a presence and made a difference on both a personal and a 'professional' front. Even my words can't say thank you nicely enough, or truly enough to express that, but I hope you know.

Be safe.

Love,

Mel
"Everything
Is catching up with me
I awake
To find I'm not at all where I
Should be
And it feels
I'm getting to the end
And it's hard
To figure out what's real
And what's
Pretend..."

- Nine Inch Nails, Home
Zata

Postby Wendy » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:13 pm

Aww, Mel. Thank you.

My love to you as well.
Wendy

Postby DeathRose » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:27 pm

Wendy,

May God bless and keep you and yours. I hope I will still see you from time to time.

MY best wishes for your future plans, and my most heartfelt thanks for all you have done.

Like the other Mel said, even my words can't say thank you nicely enough.

Much love,

Mel #2
DeathRose

[touches glasses, a soft crystal tone, red wine turns.]

Postby immortal_belovd » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:53 am

i know.
but.
you always did mean a lot to me.

may the road rise up to meet you.

-e
immortal_belovd

Adieu

Postby Kobra » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:33 pm

I can't question your judgement, and I don't really know why you're signing off, but I know there must be a good reason, even just that you feel it's time. Thank you for resurrecting the Dagger from a deplorable state all those years ago and making it what it is now, and thankyou for being a good friend and an ear to me, and to us all.

Good luck, Wen. Don't be a stranger, now ^_^
"Life is but a moment - Legends are forever."

C.D.F.F
- The Kobra
Kobra

Postby Bean » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:03 am

ween.

there’s not much that i can say here that you know i don’t already feel, think and wish you well in; but thank you for all the effort, strength and genuine love you poured into the dagger.

when i came i was only a baby to BD, but i’ve watched you take all in your stride and transform our home into a wonderful, welcoming place. thank you, for the very bottom of my heart; a deep and sometimes scary place that’s been opened by your wisdom and courage.

to brian:

i know that whatever you do, you do well, and i wish you all the best in the 'hot seat'.

bean.
Bean

Postby Wendy » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:14 pm

*hugs Dea tight and Bean senseless*

Thank you, too.

Now, if I can stop shivering and getting stupidly mushy, we'll be right. *grin* I love you.
Wendy

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:54 pm

Whoa, what can I say that's not already been said? You've been great, Wendy. The first person to greet me and talk to me when I first got here. I don't think I'll forgot that.

Toast, to all the love that can be given. Love you, Wen.
I refuse to believe this is as good as it gets.
Darren

Postby emmy » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:51 pm

We all love and admire you, Wendy, and will be sad to see you go! Of course, how much of this hasn't been said already? I just thought another few, silly words from me might do no more harm, so here they are :D Raegen used to be such a dear friend to emmy so very long ago, and ever since then I've watched your further endeavors with interest and high regard. Thanks, for everything you’ve put into this silly old place. :haha: *hugs*
'My world's upside down and I wouldn't change a thing.' - Lifehouse, Spin.

- Melanie/Tadelash`Zephyra/Nadine`Archilova/Messina .. unaffectionately known as Mel-away ;)
emmy

Visit again in September?

Postby Rattrap » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:57 pm

Fabio needs someone to hang onto, you know. Even if you say you won't have anything to do with him. ;)

And just what reputation are you talking about there, Mongrel? 'Cause I dun think that particular one exists. =Þ
Rattrap

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:27 pm

*scratches his head*

I don't know what happened to it, to be honest.

I haven't noticed it around lately.
Mongrel

Return to Announcements