Harvest Festival on Friday Oct. 2nd!

Harvest Festival on Friday Oct. 2nd!

Postby highawaywoman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:27 am

Hi everyone!

Friday, Oct. 2nd, there will be an IC Harvest Festival taking place for the enjoyment of the characters. The characters will be able to take a break from the normal tavern play and enjoy an evening of drinking, camaraderie, games, dancing, and various amusements.

This is meant to be a fun event for our characters, with a break from the angst and stress that normally plagues the denizens of Myrken Wood. That means, no picking fights and leave your weapons at the door!

The festivities will probably start around 6pm or 7pm Est and go on till whenever!

If you have something specific you'd like to see at the festival, please let one of the ops know!

Thanks!
Bonnie
highawaywoman

Re: Harvest Festival on Friday Oct. 3rd!

Postby Treadwell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:30 am

Ooooo, this sounds like great fun that Tready would have to get in on. . . Tubbius being a harvest god and all. I do not know if I will be able to make it early on, though, or at all, due to a potential prior commitment that might or might not happen.

Sad. :( I will see what I can do.
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Re: Harvest Festival on Friday Oct. 2nd!

Postby highawaywoman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:03 pm

It should be fun!
highawaywoman

Postby Rance » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:01 am

Looks like a blast! I'm looking forward to it. I like excuses to hang out and write with you nerds!
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Niabh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 am

Sounds awesome! Let's party like it's 1699!
Anything can be magic if you're gullible enough.
Niabh

Postby catch » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:48 pm

I will do my best to attend. Someone will have to dress Catch decently and explain that there will be cake.
catch

Postby Treadwell » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:20 am

I am apparently free. Tready will be there assuming all goes well. Mmph mmph!
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Postby Dejicide » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I shall do my best to attend!
Dejicide

Postby Serrus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 pm

That's 6am Saturday my time, I'd like to come for the later session, but I have work on. Sounds like fun, hope you guys get a good turnout! Eat a pork pie on me.
Serrus

Postby highawaywoman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the interest all! Looks like we will try to start around 7pm EST. :D
highawaywoman

Postby Rance » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:36 am

It's happiness, they say, that fights off the gloom.

So word spreads like an uncontrolled fire in Myrkentown proper, from the cobbler to the candlemaker, from the cooper to the brewmaster on the corner of Dyer Avenue. The brewmaster, he's fabricated a fine seasonal, and the cooper's got barrels to spare. And the wagonner? He doesn't mind lending his cart to the cause. Myrna Whistler, the wrinkle-faced widow of some long-lost mariner, she starts hearing the murmured bustle of a possible gathering, and being no prude, she's quite inspired for a bit of a party. She asks the families on her street for temporary donations of lanterns, lamps, anything which brings light. A few tenements away, lamplighter Evans, with a nose like a fishing-hook and eyes blunted almost to stone by cataracts, catches word of it. He quits his apartment, beguiles the candlemaker with talk of charity! and good will! and light, light, damn you, and gathers a whole rucksack full of clean, white tapers.

And that is how Myrkentown, being far too stubborn to suffer the contagion of sadness, loss, and melancholy brought on by the shifting of seasons, demands its Harvest Festival. The muddy streets and its muddy people wait not for a government to bestow upon the town good cheer and hospitality, but rather, they conspire to bring it themselves.

A whisper of coolness lingers in the crisp air. Night falls earlier and earlier. Woodsmoke dances in the evening, daring travelers and townies to drink greatly of the barrels, eat heartily the fruits of the crops, be merry, be happy, sing loudly. The night of the festival, a brightness comes to the lawn of the Broken Dagger unlike anything many of the town's denizens have ever witnessed: tin and wooden lanterns hang from long lengths of hemp, peppering the air with a thousand dangling pinpoints of firelight; carts manned by men in fine hats and girls in burnt-brown skirts overflow with fruits, meats, and confections at absurd discounts. Fiddlers fiddle, their songs clashing in the air above the festival's grounds; drummers beat the rhythm back into their summer-stretched skins and sweep timid passers-by into clumsy dances.

Tonight, parents presume it's safe and well for their children to frolic and play. Men play here, too, drinking and laughing; ladies and girls, they do the same, willing to let loose their bonnets and hair, unafraid of whatever foolhardy danger might still linger in the distant woods. Even some of the Crown's soldiers, curious of the event, saunter among the crowds, their very presence an encouragement of peace. A few of the farm-children even bring painted signposts to the entrances to the festival, a clear message scrawled across the woodface:

Within, Come Apart From Your Grudges

On occasion, even Myrken Wood earns itself a respite. By this alone it dares to fight off the sicknesses, the challenges, and the obstacles of what blind prophets and tired old men all agree, as they always do, will be an unforgiving winter.
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby highawaywoman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks to everyone who participated! It was a hit! It was an awesome time and it seemed like everyone (both character and player) had a blast! Hopefully, we can do some more of these channel-wide events in the near future!
highawaywoman

Return to Announcements