To Ariane; for Aleksei.

To Ariane; for Aleksei.

Postby channe » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:10 pm

A letter arrives at Darkenhold.

Ariane,

Aleksei has been gone for months.

Months. Five months. I left him in Thesilayn to do the Work entrusted to us by Glenn Burnie, but he is not There and my contact at the court of Duke Burel says he has not been there for Weeks. I am afraid, I am so afraid, that he is dead.

I am staying at a friend's, I have left the Rememdium because I am tyred of Catch sticking things in me, it's stupid and I will kill him Otherwise. As soon as I am Well I go to Thesilayn. To save Aleksei. Because I must.

Agnieszka.
channe

Re: To Ariane; for Aleksei.

Postby Carnath-Emory » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Agnieszka

There is a trade which comes of this. There were to be three of us. Your depature leaves just we two and calls it a Council. On your return you do not dull our ears with talk of presumpton, over reach, all such things. That is the cost of

That is the first, and it never reaches its intended recipient. Its ultimate resting-place is the floor of a sworsdwoman's small room, a struck-out piece of paper crumpled into ruin by its scowling author, and joined there soon enough by a second and a third.

... but the answer which I gave to you when last we spoke was not entierly true or at least is was not the truth's whole, for save aside that hour which all we've lost I do remember, and very well, all that was. I do yet feel...

It is the third paragraph of her fourth attempt, and this confession she consigns to the flames of her room's bright hearth.

By the end, she has been at it for an hour, thin shoulders hunched over ink and over parchment grown increasingly smudged, eyes a squint against dimming candlelight. An hour which has seen her wine-glass diminished into almost nothing, and her scowl magnified until there's hardly an inch of her that isn't expressing it, this simmering tangle of half-furious intentions and mounting dissatisfaction.

Agnieszka

I am done with this writing. Cunversation deserfs better than black ink and dusty paper. Such as this wurunts a late hour and an excess of good wine.

I understand. You knew that I would. I wish you well. I thank you for your words.

: you see? It has all the feeling of words eched upon a toomb.

Nevertheless

- Ariane

PS..I haf two dozen different inks, every colour imaginable. The others are no improvement over this.

Carnath-Emory

Re: To Ariane; for Aleksei.

Postby channe » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 am

Ariane,

I will be by to visit soon before I go to Thesilayn. I am not up for travel yet but am staying at Dulcie's because Catch has stabbed me twice in the Rememdium and tride to Rape me so I am having none of that shit anymore. I need to give it another week for my wrist to be okay enough, he really did a Number on it.

I know you are not going to lyk this but see, you were just a pretty prinses and quite batty-headed and so you're forgiven by the People because you were snorting lace and face-powder, but I, she turned me Evil, you should look at the way they look at me in the Streets, and see... I know I have done Wrong, and I know these people, and I know they do not trust someone who betray'd them, and see, Rhaena did the worst thing of all to me because she kept me in my Clothes, in my Actions... she just turned me Wrong and put Rot into my soul and maybe Catch is right.

I caint be Effective as a Defensor of Myrken Wood if all I have done for weeks is Betray. hence I go to Thesilayn.

See you in a few days. have good Wine.

Sincerely,
Agnie
channe

Return to Myrken Wood