“Respect Above All Else”
ALWAYS show respect, both in and out of character.
The rules listed below are not all-inclusive, and the Operators reserve the right to address other actions not covered below which violate our mandate of Respect. For a more detailed version of our channel rules, principles and guidelines, please consult the Rules page.
- Please talk to an Op regarding character creation or channel-wide plots before introducing them IC.
- Respect the setting. Alteration of the core setting of the Broken Dagger Tavern, Myrkentown and Myrken Wood (including the addition of significant new elements) should be discussed with the Ops prior to implementation.
- No OOC in the IC channels. Corrections, notes and clarifications should go in #BD_OOC.
- No powergaming or godmoding. Our roleplay is consent-based. This means you may not impose actions upon other players’ characters without their consent. Use phrases such as “attempts to hit [character]” instead of “hits [character]”.
- No metagaming. Do not bring OOC knowledge IC. If you have multiple characters, do not have them team up or share information without good IC reason.
- All roleplay should maintain a PG-13 rating.
- Using IRC colours is not required, but if you choose to use colour, use only the following:
1, 14, 15 for speech
6 for actions
2, 10, 5 for special events (flashbacks, telepathy, etc). Keep the use of these to a minimum.
- If you have a cut script, keep it basic. Do not use extra colours, characters, or words.
- Use quotes and proper punctuation. Avoid use of anachronistic language or references which break immersion.
- Be considerate. Racism, sexism, homophobia, stalking, harassment, or other abusive or discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Be positive. Treat others as you would like to be treated; limit snark and negativity, especially towards other players and their characters.
- Be appropriate. Maintain the channel’s PG-13 rating.
Violations of the rules will result in the following:
- 1st offense: Official warning.
- 2nd offense: Conference in Ops channel.
- 3rd offense: Ban.
Serious violations may result in an immediate time-out or ban. If you feel that an Op has enforced these rules unfairly, please contact another Op to request a review or mediation.